Booking.com / my hotel booking cancellation in ulm-germany.

I had booked room for 3 nights(9th March to 12th March)at Hotel Gasthof Adler in Ulm-Gemany (Booking No. [protected]). Unfortunately was delayed in transit and on arrival at hotel, was informed that on 10th morning i.e. before checkout time of 1st day of booking itself, hotel informed you & cancelled all 3 days of my booking. My wife was trying to inform Booking.com on phone from India about the delay but your phone switched off. Under the circumstances, I had to move to a different hotel and stay there. We also tried calling Booking.com from the hotel itself.
Besides, received mail from you that Euro 182.4 was charged to my account for all 3 nights. Request you to clarify the following;
1) Hotel confirmed to me that they have intimated you at about 8 am before checkout time of 1st day. In that case why am I charged for all 3 nights of reservation. If I am charged anyway, my room should have been available to me for balance 2 nights when I reached the hotel.
2) In case of late arrival, I may be charged for max. 1 day as the hotel had not kept room for me and I had to travel again to another hotel and pay for the balance 2 nights.
All of my associates who had traveled from Singapore, Indonesia & USA were completely shocked at this incident as they too have Booking.com services regularly just like me.
I feel that the charges are grossly unfair if the room was not kept vacant for me & I have spent again on another hotel.
Hoping to hear from you at the earliest as our confidence towards Booking.com is shaken with this unfair incident.

Best regards