[Resolved] Booking.comlack of customer service and resolution

Y Mar 10, 2013 Review updated:

I have been using Booking.com for last six months and find that it is a simple booking process. However when it comes to resolving issues they are very quick at referring to the Terms and Conditions on their website. Out goes any desire to understand and empathize with the customer. No interest in understanding the customer issue or how to assist the customer. They seem only interested in their commission from the booking.

I recently had a case where I flew 24 hours from Sydney to Manchester with my son only to find the property that I had booked was not what it was made out to be on the website. There was no one there to receive me and security guard at the property told me there was no such hotel at the address. I had a confirmed booking at the premises and had informed them of my arrival time. When I called the contact number for the property there was no answer.
The Booking.com agent was very helpful but when I was put to her supervisor he threw the book at me. I incurred approx USD200 in roaming costs trying to convince the Supervisor that they had responsibility to find me another accommodation and for the additional costs that I was incurring as a result of the property not being there. He kept on referring to the fact that they were not liable. I am very disappointed in their attitude and I could carry on about my experience. They agreed to find me alternative accommodation 30 miles away from Manchester. However they told me that the travel costs to and from the hotel to Manchester will be my costs. It was the night of the United Vs Real match and according to them there were no properties available in Manchester. I had taken my son to watch the match and had booked the so called hotel three weeks in advance knowing how difficult it would be to find a hotel. I requested the supervisor to find me a non listed hotel but no luck. He kept on referring to the property 30 miles away. Not sure if Liverpool is 30 Miles away or further as the hotel was in Liverpool. I walked around Manchester with my son from 9am to 1:30pm calling into all the hotels until we found one.
My expectation was that they would find me alternative accommodation, pick up any additional costs to travel from that property and also my mobile roaming costs while on the phone to Booking.com trying to resolve the issue.
They only seem to care about the property and hotels that lit with them and not us the paying consumer

• Resolution Statement

• Booking.com Customer Care's Response · Mar 12, 2013

Hi Yoda181,
    Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience faced. Please
    help us to get to the bottom of this by posting your Booking.com reservation number.
    Our specialised team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
    Regards, Sergejs
    Booking.com Team

• Booking.com Customer Care's Response · Mar 14, 2013

Hi Yoda181,
    Thank you for posting your booking number.
    I will surely ensure that this is investigated and you are contacted
    shortly by our specialised team.
    Regards, Sergejs
    Booking.com Team

Comments

• Y
      Mar 12, 2013

Thank you for your response. Booking reference [protected]. I have done at least 5 bookings through your site since November.

• Y
      Mar 12, 2013

Here is another link where I have noted this issue http://www.productreview.com.au/r/booking-com/386743.html