Booking.com / best price guarantee is a scam...!

United Kingdom Review updated:

Booking.com are refusing to honour their Best Price Guarantee (despite me finding an IDENTICAL quote £200 cheaper with Expedia) because they say their Terms and Conditions do not accept my claim.

I have asked them to clarify the specific 'term or condition' they are referring to, but they will not. I have read their Terms and Conditions document and my claim matches the criteria perfectly. In-fact, when I phoned their customer service advisor, she agreed over the phone that both quotes were identical. So how can they get away with denying my claim?!

Be warned...Best Price Guarantee is a gimic...

Sa
Jan 8, 2015

Comments

• Ri
      17th of Jun, 2015

My friend found the exact same room, on the same day, minutes away, and at the same hotel chain for $200 cheaper! Best Price guarantee was refused. Excuse was that it was not the same hotel. What the heck? Both are Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Literally 5 minutes away from each other. My real issue with Booking.com, aside from the Best Price Baloney, is that the other Holiday Inn Express was not even listed as available. I'm stuck and my friend is being charitable after I made us a costly mistake.

Live and Learn. Do not use Booking.com

• Ka
      21st of Feb, 2017

Booking.com "Best Price Guarantee" is a fraud! The company should be charged with consumer fraud. It does not honour its guarantee and, moreover, when you try to follow the customer care/service prompts through its website, it does everything possible to deter, thwart, prevent you from submitting a claim for a guarantee. I would strongly recommend against ever booking anything through Booking.com.