Booking.com and Hotel Residence Ponte Bianco / hotel booking was false advertising

I booked a hotel room on Booking.com at Hotel Residence Ponte Bianco and did not receive what was advertised or what I paid for. The room smells like someone spilled a bottle of cheap aftershave in here, it is literally impossible to breathe. That might be because of the cigarette burns on the bed. There is no wifi and the shower does not work at all. No shower! The receptions solution to having no shower was to give me a key to a dirty room and use the shower there. That shower and bathroom was even dirtier than the non functional one we have! The toilet does not flush properly. I paid for a double room for me and my girlfriend and have found two single beds pushed together which are not even the same level. I paid for a kitchen, this kitchen has no cooking or cleaning equipment and does not even work. The filter in the fan above the stove popped out when I turned it on and it won't close again. The glasses in the cupboard are filthy. The carpet is filthy, stained, dirty and dusty, my girlfriend has allergies and can't live here, the rooms on booking.com showed polished floorboards and a clean apartment. We have been told we cannot be refunded and must pay the full amount because they have a cancellation fee. This is criminal, if we don't want to stay somewhere that is not as advertised let alone functions properly we should be able to receive a refund! Cancellation fee scam here!

Ja