Book Swim / Expensive service

1 101 Church St. Suite 2Aberdeen, NJ, United States Review updated:

I had to use my credit card to activate a 3-month gift card for this company. They listed numerous books as "available" which would be shipped in days, however one of the books I selected wasn't available. They wouldn't send the two others that were. My gift card was being charged even though I had nothing for my money. I think they list lots of books they really don't have and wait for someone to order them. Also their service is very expensive--$19.99 a month for a three-book-at-a-time membership.

Va

Comments

• Cs
      2nd of Sep, 2008

They take forever to get you the books. I have been waiting for them for 2 weeks and am still waiting. It isn't worth the money to be waiting. trust me.

• Ju
      13th of Jul, 2010
    Book Swim - Quality and service
    Book Swim
    New Jersey

The gift certifate that my wife received wound up be costly and only received small type paperbacks until she paid to upgrade her subscription.

Upon her passing in March, I called the company to get info on how to return the one book that she had and cancel the subscription.

I am now getting emails stating that she owes 9.99 on her subscription .

P.S. The 2 or 3 books that she was able to read were easily available at our local library at no cost and no hassle.

• Oh
      11th of Aug, 2011

They do take FOREVER to send out any books. When they receive your incoming package, they will send you an email saying that your next package will ship shortly. Yeah, not true. It takes a week or more and then it only gets shipped once you start emailing them to complain. (Literally, within an hour of you sending an email complaining, they email you back saying that your package has JUST shipped.) As a result, you only end up getting about one package per month. Definitely not worth the money.