Bonitas Medical Aid / bad service, bad attitude, lack of efficiency

1 Johannesburg, South Africa

I paid into the medical fund's account on the 4th of March & sent through proof of payment the same day but was notified a few days later that my account had been suspended. I received notification that my query would be followed up. A week passed and I called the call centre again on the 10th of March. I called from my mobile and was put on hold for a collective 53 MINUTES by FIVE different call centre agents none of whom could sort out my query. None of them bothered to call back and notify me whether my query had been sorted out or not. It really is tiring to have to explain yourself to people who sigh in your ear, pretend to care while the disinterest in their voices tells you otherwise, who then keep you on hold for copious amounts of time with no assurance of whether they can help you or not. On the last call I made on the same day, I was assured that the suspension had been lifted and my benefits had been reinstated. It is now the 18th of March and I have yet to receive confirmation of this. Today I also received an email and sms notifying me that my benefits had been suspended YET AGAIN and I called through AGAIN to have this cleared up. I am very disgusted and disappointed in the BONITAS medical aid fund which I have been with and felt I could rely on SINCE BIRTH. I will definitely not remain on this medical aid fund through to 2015. The level of service and efficiency is shockingly bad and the lack of empathy of some of the individuals working at this medical aid fund is very disheartening. I will never recommend Bonitas to anyone I know. EVER!

La