Bonfare Market / Selling Expired Milk

1 2907 The Villages PkwySan Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-274-5858

My wife got 2 gallons of milk and she missed on checking the 'sell by' date. The milk went bad while in refrigrator and when we saw the 'sell by' date, we were shocked to see it 7 days past!

When I took the milk back to the store, the attendant was quick in telling back that either talk to the same person whom we got the milk from or maybe we got from some other place. Very poor customer service along with expired milk.

Such stores should be closed.

Comments

• Ga
      16th of Oct, 2008

I wouldn't expect anything else from Bonfaire stores. I have been having my own problems with Bonfaire

• Sh
      27th of May, 2015

I know that these stores are on a franchise but do they set the prices for the products that they carry at their stores? There is a bon fare store near the senior apartments where I live and there are times when I go there if I am short of something like eggs or milk. I noticed too that they charge an extra fifty cents whenever one uses a debit or credit card. When I went to the store to buy eggs I was surprised the prices was $4.99 and on top of that was the fifty cents charge for using a debit card. I think bonfare should set prices for these franchise holders to be competitive to 7-11. I know that they have to make profits but a dollar profit is outrageous.

A customer.