Bonair Depot, Inc. / Dishonest company

Ordered split air conditioner in April 08. Delivery promised may 08. It's almost July and all I get is "next week" . Don not trust--give negative reviews on ebay if possible. Contact attorney general of Florida and shut down dishonest sham business. "Rolland" seems to be calling the shots at this den of liars. We can stick together and make sure that others are not shammed by these dishonest [censored]ers.

Va

Comments

• Na
      14th of Jul, 2008

I have had a similar exerience with them recently during an Ebay transaction. Their Ebay 1000+ ratings were very good up until the past two months and now Ebay has shut down their account.

I paid for my ductless tri-zone air conditioner unit via Paypal on 6/2/08 and still have yet to receive it or get a valid tracking number (did receive a fake one though). I am trying to get in touch with everyone in the same boat in order to pool our information together.

Here are some links I recommend if you want to add your experience to the complaints. Maybe if enough people speak up, we will finally get some information.

Better Business Bureau http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=23004071

Florida Division of Consumer Services http://app1.800helpfla.com/cswebcomplaints/FileComplaint.aspx

Attorney General of Florida http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/4492d797dc0bd92f85256cb80055fb97/030e31f06ef0184d85256cc600706904!OpenDocument

Pissed Consumer http://bonair-depot.pissedconsumer.com/bonair-depot-inc-liars-20080629125740.html

• Ke
      15th of Jul, 2008

Same experience for me. Bought split ductless 2 months ago. Getting the runaround and fake tracking number too.

16th of Jul, 2008

I am having the same problem with Bonair Depot in Oakland Park Florida. I have called the Oakland Park Police Department and spoken with Donna there. She is going to contact the company owner and see if he will contact me. If not, I will start the paperwork to file a complaint against the company. Wish me luck!

Bill

• Be
      16th of Jul, 2008

Same here. Ordered split a/c unit June 27. Got email from Roland Landry saying he would call with info on shipping Have not heard anything since. No replies to email and telephone is out of service or voice mail box full. Filed complaint with Paypal, but have been there before with no luck on refund for seller fraud. Best advice for getting money back is to go through your credit card company. Ebay now owns Paypal and my experience before they owned them was that it was a waste of my time. It makes Ebay and Paypal unhappy when you get your money refunded via your card company and they may kick you out of the community, but I found you will get your money faster and easier. I don't think Ebay does a very good job policing the crooked sellers or protecting the vast majority of honest members.

• Jd
      16th of Jul, 2008

I have had the same problem. I ordered a tri zone in late Feb and have not received it as of yet. Always a story about needing to wait one more week, then they lied and said the R&L shipping Company was in possesion of it. Bonair will not return calls and now their site is down and the phones go to VM. I have just logged onto the Fla consumer service website and filed a complaint.

• Mi
      17th of Jul, 2008

Same story here.! Bought on Ebay. Rolland said their was a delay in the shipping container held in customs. I called again and Rolland said that the shippment of 2 mini splits I paid for with paypal would ship no later than the last week in June.

I will join in any action.

Michael Bolan

214 995 6805

17th of Jul, 2008

Well, if you haven't heard already, I may be able to fill everyone in a little. I spoke with the police offier who has been checking into this, and here's what is going on.

The shipment to Bonair, from China did not pass the Underwriters Laboratories inspection. The shipment will not be unloaded from the ship. There are two shipping containers full of the mini-split systems. The last I heard, Rolland was at his lawyer's office filing for bankruptcy, out $300, 000. The Oakland Police department will be fill out (Civil) complaints on Bonair, but not (Fraud) and you will be given a case #. It seems that unless you can get your credit card company to help you, we all may be out of luck. Unfortunately for me, that is to the tune of $2, 068.78. I ordered my unit back in February. I sure wish I had not been so patient. I may have actually gotten my money back had I acted much quicker. That is all I know, and I hope it gives you a little more information. If you find out anything more, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Bill
    ib4billy@aol.com

• Je
      17th of Jul, 2008

Any one having problems with BonAir Depot and not getting what they order/paid for Call the following number (954) 561-6111 ask for Donna, this is the police department in Oakland Park Fl. She got my money back IN 24 HOURS.

17th of Jul, 2008

Unfortunately you and one other were the only ones to get their money back, and Donna has been overrun with phone calls. There will be NO more refunds coming. The company is filing for Bankruptcy. The best you can do is file a complaint with the Oakland Police Department, like I said in the previous email. I know, I heard from Donna this morning!

• De
      6th of Sep, 2008

I lost my remote. Does anyone know how I can get another one?
    Please advise..
    Thanks.

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2008

Who know about the current situation of Bonair Depot, Inc.?

• Mi
      25th of Nov, 2008

Sorry to hear all the problems. I ordered several units in 06 and 07 and shipping was no prob. Merchandise was as ordered and I used to personnal deal with Rolland. Crazy.
    I noticed that they weren't on ebay anymore! I was going to order 6-more!!!
    Thanks for all your posting her - glad I found this prior to ordering!
    Seriously - good luck to everyone that is having problems.
    Mike

• Ho
      4th of May, 2009

Well I got my unit in May 08 with no problem. BUT now I have an issue with it and no one to contact to help get it fixed. Anybody know what E2 means in the display ? Or where to call for assistance ?