Bon Appetit Magazine / False Magazine Subscription

Prestige Sales U.S.A
Two teenage girls were selling magazine subscriptions to win a trip to Hawaii for their baseball team. They said they lived in the neighborhood and were both home schooled. I'd never seen them or met them before but don't know many of the teens in this sub-division. They were quite charming and chatty and stayed a t least 45min. It seemed like the neighborly thing to do to help them win their goal-they seemed to be putting a lot of effort into it I purchased a 3 year subscription to Bon Appetit Magazine for $57.00-part was supposed to go toward paying for their trip-hence the higher price.
Well, I never got one magazine until 2 months ago, Then, I got a publication called Interview which I think is a freebie give away. I've tried to correct the error but cannot get a hold of anyone at Prestige Sales. The screen they post says the number of my receipt is not valid and could be stolen. Big suprise- no one from the company has returned my calls or emailed me. The girl who sold me the magazine wrote her name on the receipt. I check online and there is no such person with that last name in my area within 40 miles. She's obviously not a neighbor. I no longer buy anything being sold door to door unless I know the person.
It's sad to see teens turned into such accomplished con artists!

More Bon Appetit Magazine Complaints & Reviews

Plus Bon Appetit Magazine - Subscription renewal

A  14th of Mar, 2010 by
Anyone who sells magazine subscriptions door to door are scam artists. Many are teens who come from questionable or troubled backgrounds, and are lured by ads in "alternative weekly" publications or ads posted on bulletin boards or telephone poles promising "free travel", "jeans and T-shirt jobs", "$10-$15/hour", etc., in order to work for a "magazine promoter" that often lies, scams, and hustles you in order to rip you off for a worthless magazine subscription that will never get delivered. The teens that pull off these scams often use the money they earn to get drunk or get high, rather than to "go to college" or "go on a vacation with the church youth group". Most of the money the teens collect pay for the rent on the Motel 6 or Days Inn these scammers put these teens up in when they travel from town to town to scam unsuspecting people into magazine subscriptions. Just be warned. If you must subscribe to a magazine, go directly to the publisher rather than a door to door solicitor.

Bon Appetit Magazine Logo Bon Appetit Magazine