Bojangles’ International / Becajun.com / my bojangles breakfast made me sick (food poisoning)

On Monday August the 13th I had only two things to do, get my hair cut and grab something for breakfast. I have waited until today to register my request because I wanted to be able to censor myself and stay on point. The first part is awkward because I don't want to be cruel. I was waited on by a young woman. Again, I wasn't in a rush so I didn't take offense when she made me wait while she finished her conversation (in Spanish) with a young male employee, When she asked me whether my meal was " for here or to go", her breath was horrible. I apologize for being rude but, you need to know. Her breath smelled like excrement. I made and paid for my order. I got a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit combo with seasoned fries and a tea. Your seasoned fries are my favorite. I had my meal and left for home. I work second shift so I was resting for work later. My stomach began to hurt. I had to rush to the bathroom to vomit, afterwards I had very loose bowel movements, felt so bad. I had to call my boss and call out of work for that night. I missed an entire shift and Bojangles food and tea was all I consumed that day. I work full time doing housekeeping and I only make eight dollars an hour. Basically I feel Bojangles owes me sixty four dollars for the work I missed. No cuss words, nothing like that. Not only did I lose that pay but I was very sick. Please understand that I don't want an apology, I don't want a copy of your mission statement. I don't want a coupon or a gift card for Bojangles. I want $64.00.

• Updated by Matthew C. Harper, Aug 21, 2018