Boingo Wireless / do not give them your credit card info, they will use it again and again to charge you

I signed up for their service at ATL airport for a 24hr period. Apparently by doing so I signed some kind of contract that they can charge that credit card again if I use their services again. I was at Brussels airport a few months later and because of a popup that they installed, I was automatically logged into their account. They ended up charging me $20 for the service. There wasn't even a window with a rate or a do you agree to sign in window. I found it bordering fraudulent. I emailed them numerous times. They were quite dismissive and told me I should have read the fine print when I logged on at ATL airport. As if anyone does that. I didn't bother disputing it with my credit card company although I think I might have a case, but this company is quite deceptive to say the least. Do not give them your credit card info, they will use it again and again to charge you.

Comments

• La
      29th of Apr, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a frustrating experience with us. We would *never* try to deceive our customers. Promise. We want you to be a happy Boingo customer, and I'd like to make things right.

Would you please email me at lsanyal at boingo dot com with your username? I'm happy to look into your account and find out what happened.

• Co
      9th of Jun, 2010

I had a very similar experience at Newark airport on April 28, 2010. I signed up for a 1 hr session at $4.95. A week later I found a Boingo popup coming up every time I was near a free wireless location. I was shocked to find that Boingo was charging me $19.95 a week for something I never signed up for. It took me nearly a week and five emails to cancel the account. Over a month later, I have still not been able to remove the software that Boingo installed on my computer. Boingo's practice of making unauthorized charges is beyond deception - it is theft, pure and simple. For over a month Boingo has refused to remove these unauthorized charges to my credit card, and I intend to file complaints with every state, and federal agency with jurisdiction, as well as the Administration at Newark Airport. A class action suit should be filed against Boingo for this widespread practice of internet.credit card theft.

• La
      10th of Jun, 2010

Yikes. The last thing we ever want is for our customers to be unhappy. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with the software, and that it took so long to cancel your account. Please rest assured that we will *only* charge you when you log into the software to get online. Also, I'd like to reiterate that we would *never* try to deceive our customers.

To remove the software from your computer, please visit: http://www.boingo.com/boingo-faq.php?lang=en#boingo-products, scroll down to "How do I uninstall Boingo software", and follow the listed instructions.

Would you please email me at lsanyal at boingo dot com with your username? I'm happy to look into your account and make sure we've made this right for you.