Body Trim / Scam

1 Florida, NY, United States Review updated:

Scam! Scam! Scam! I got through to speak to an agent
Or whom ever. The man said they would contact an
Agent and then send me an e-mail to confirm my cancellation
But never received anything. No money no e-mail
Scam! Scam! Scam! How stupid of me!

Vo

Comments

• Iv
      27th of Jan, 2009

My Colon Remedy Body Trim .
    In response to a previous review. Same thing happen to me. I cancel and requested a refund on 1/8/2009. Today is 1/27/2009 and my account still has not been credited. It is real easy for them to deduct the money from your account, but not easy to put it back. Anyone that has a problem with this company should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs.

• Lu
      25th of Feb, 2010

I thought I was the only one, but I see there are other "victims" of Body trim!

I canceled and requested a refund back in September last year (2009), and paid for the registered post they had requested, it was received by Body Trim on the 25 September 2009. It is now the end of Feb 2010 and still there is nothing. I have contacted them via phone and email on numerous occasions and my account still has not been credited. Money back guarantee! What a lot of CROCK!!! If Body trim had no intention of refunding the money they shouldn’t make these offers in the first place. I wasn’t even going to sign up on the “pay first and get your money back later if your not happy” scheme if their sales people hadn’t pushed me on to it.

Bodytrim is just another scam as far as I’m concerned and I’ll be sure to advertise this fact to EVERYONE I come across!

• Lo
      10th of Mar, 2010

I too signed up for bodytrim and was told i woul receive te trial pack within 2-4 days 10 days ater i am still waiting. I did not agee to pay th full amout upfront but paid a small fee for the trial should i be aware they may try and take more.
    Does anyone have a UK contact number to call them on to a) chase my free trial nd b) ensure no other payments are taken out.

• Su
      3rd of Aug, 2010

hi my name is ursula

i got my bodytrim approx 5 - 6 months ago and i asked them if there were any hidden costs and they told me no i then asked them if i there is a membership that i have to sign on with cos all i want to pay is the amount for the product and nothing else guess what they said no all you pay is for the info.5 months later they are debiting my account for membership what part of hidden costs or membership did they not understand when i asked them.i phoned twice and asked them and twice they gave me the same reply.

i was told today all i had to do was cancel with them when it first got debited thats [censor] they should never have taken that $19.95 per month from me now the lady i spoke to says she cant help what the consultant says thats hogwash if they dont pay me back my money i will take this further no longer should we be robbed of our money due to their desperation of getting money from us.

I stuck up for this company when friends of mine said they were dodgy now i see they were right all along and no longer trust this company to everybody out there stay away or get written confirmation before you buy their product

LIES LIES LIES not the product but the people

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2010

Well these are the lesson's you will learn! do not give your account details to buy a promotional product! If you want to buy something online or on telly buy it outright! with a creditcard!! Don't do monthly debits, don't ever give out your account details. If you cannot afford it don't buy it! I bought Bodytrims books and DVDS outright and have been doing the diet for a year now and lost 10kg and am now happily maintaining a healthy weight. Don't slam down a good program just because it didn't work for you, you chose to embark on it in the first place, everything costs money, if you were thoughtless and un educated on how to use your money or give up to easy on something you chose to pay for initially its your own fault. As far as I am concerned there is only a small number of you people callng bodytrim and scam and only on a 'money' basis, not that it doesn't actually work. There is a much larger portion of people it actually works well for.

• Wa
      15th of Nov, 2010

I too beleive bodytrim is a scam when i first bought bodytrim Geoff said that you pay the initial fee for the product and thats it and all you need to use is real food to lose weight and not shakes or anything else but since then he has added all these new products at a very high cost and now you cannot even access the forum on the bodytrim website or even the website unless you pay this is not what he promised us when we sighned up i can't beleive that bodytrim is just like the rest of the weightloss companies out there - it uses the very people who helped get the company get to where it is today knowing that people will pay more money to keep losing weight because they have already sucked them in with the inital promises they made which was you pay once and once only - very disappointing for me cause i thought bodytrim was different to all the others but its not.

• Sc
      2nd of Dec, 2010

Wacki ... I so totally agree with you. I joined BT about 3 yrs ago, Geoff said that you pay the initial fee for the product and thats it and all you need to use is real food to lose weight and not shakes or anything else but since then he has added all these new products at a very high cost and now you cannot even access the forum on the bodytrim website or even the website unless you pay this is not what he promised us when we signed up i can't beleive that bodytrim is just like the rest of the weightloss companies out there. The only people that are keeping BT going are the people on the forums. They post the recipes, I was under the ussumption that when we started to pay to access the site, recipe section would be upgraded regularly, but if it was upgraded it was by the BTr's, not Geoff. I belive that this has all been false advertising, if you agree with me, email scorpio@live.com.au. I'm not paying $20.00 per for being a loyal follower and devotee, not when all they do is take, take, take ...

• Co
      12th of Dec, 2010

Unfortunately even the most well known companies are very slow to cancel agreements and stop taking money out of accounts these days. Would suggest that people NOT agree to direct debits AND stop expecting refunds or even 30 day free trials. Also any peson who goes into business with a product or service, and the best intentions, comes under pressure to 'change the rules'. Unfortunate, however we live in a world dominated by big business.

• Cr
      31st of Jan, 2011

Ok...Wacki...I paid on credit card, all of it, outright, lost weight too, however being billed $19.95 per month without permission is wrong & no reputable company should be conducting business this way, its so easy to join up & even to lose the weight but you can not charge consumers illegally & make it near on impossible for said customer to speak to anyone regarding a refund of your hard earned money. You can not change the goal posts half way through the game, this is what makes Body Trim a rip off & just another scam!

• Wi
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I too was taken for a ride with BT. Paid for the program outright and then a few months later discovered they were continuing to take $20 per month from the Credit Card I gave them (over the phone) for a single purchase. I too think this is against the law somehow as I was never at any time informed that they would continue to take monthly amounts from my card. If they had I would not have gone ahead with it. As a consumer, I truly felt outraged. Tried to get money back but no luck. The only thing I did get them to do eventually was cancel the monthly debits from my card. Also wasn't very impressed with the diet. It is simply a re-packaged, slightly tweaked, low carb, high protein diet which has been released in various forms by many people over the last 20 years. so felt even more ripped off. buyer beware guys.

• Py
      29th of Apr, 2011

I wouldnt buy this stuff simply because the guy is pretending to be something he is obviously not. What sort of accent is he trying to project? Who talks like that? I wish to goodness they would take his annoying, droning, phoney, crappy ads off the t.v. I would much rather the old "wheredyagetit" screaming at me. The guy is a twit and quite frankly verbally dislexic. Oh and it appears he's ripping a whole bunch of folk off "teu".

3rd of May, 2011

I joined Bt about 2 years ago. Paid upfront and also asked if there were any hidden costs. No I was told. However, they started talking money from my credit card account on a monthly basis. I rang and complained and they cease doing this. Then I bought a new product from them and paid upfront - cereal - which was bl**dy shocking stuff (actually gave it to another BT member - told her she could have it), and again money came out of my credit card account on a monthly basis. Again I rang and was told that they automatically do this when you buy products so that you are part of the inner group. They again stopped the payments. Then I stopped doing BT as basically eating all that protein didn't do me any good and I was not feeling well but I put on all the weight plus more. So recently thought about doing it again and tried to get into the forum to track my progress and to see other's accounts and advice and could not get in. Rang and was told - no can't get in unless you join up - they were more than willing to take my credit card details - which I DIDN"T give. I do beleive it is a scam and I don't believe Geoff and I think Geoff and his crew and just raping people by taking their money off them. Scam Scam Scam - Geoff should be ashamed. They must be making a motsa from collecting cash of people with weight issues as BT has increased it's amount of advertising on TV - which does not come cheap. I am totally disappointed and angry as I did believe that maybe there was a system out there that worked and that didn't take fat people for a ride. But alas, it doesn't exist. However, in ranting as I am currently, I did find a diet that I love - probably and if I'm honest only because of its name - called 'The Skinny ### Diet''. However, unless you advoid at all cost Meat, Meat Products (this includes eggs), Diary, etc you basically can't do the diet. Shame really, because the diet name is absolutely fab.
    I end this rant with this - it is sad to hear of so many cases as listed above. Good luck for you all and myself in our weight loss ventures.

• Tr
      7th of May, 2011

i brought the boost fullness shakes and was very disappointed with this product, it was suppose to be thick and creamy but instead it was so watery and and the taste was discusting when i rang to complain about this and get a refund i was told they don't refund on food products, you would think they would want to keep there customers happy but no they got my money now they don't care less.

• Al
      12th of May, 2011

I had the same problem, the only way to stop them taking money from your credit card (which is a pain in the ###) is to cancel that card and order a new one with a new number.. I asked my bank to stop the monthly transactions and they couldn't do it. So i cancelled, then sent them a nasty email and its stopped.

16th of May, 2011

Also had same problem. I think Geoff and the entire Bodytrim team are a bunch of money grabbing crooks. They are the grave diggers of fat people.

19th of May, 2011

im in shock that these grubby freaks are getting away with this. i was just about to call body trim and order their product but after reading all these comments i am so glad i didn't get through. something need's to be done about this. i am so glad i stumbled across this site so i know what these scummy dogs are really like!

• Ow
      20th of May, 2011

Bt is all about Geoff making money, in the weight loss market.What he teaches is not rocket science, but bags other personal trainers, which is what he is. But he motivates People to walk and eat right.which is Body Trim products which are over priced, and if people are not happy with the product, customer service is hard to find, but easy to take your money.

23rd of May, 2011

I agree with you 'O Well' in that it is not rocket science. However, there is research that goes against the high protein diets - as the high protein diets are linked to certain cancers etc. There is other research which suggests that a diet of Wholegrains and vegetables is linked not only to weight loss but also to increased health. Dr McDouglass who has been a medical doctor for over 35 years speaks openly about the need for starches in a healthy diet. He looks at cultures around the world in which people are naturally thin (wow - imagine waking up naturally thin - am in heaven) and their diets are basically wholegrains (ie brown rice, oats, wholemeal breads and pastas, lentils, beans and chickpeas) with vegetables (except Avocardos). He suggests that if you wish to lose weight to limit fruit to 2/3 pieces only per day. Anyway, given that I paid money to Geoff and his grubby BT money stealing mob I have been doing a bit of research. Primarily because I don't eat meat and poultry so for me the high protein diet just wasn't me and I wasn't happy. However, given that Geoff-baby and the fat people grave diggers are so into money, I'm going to tell everyone what BT basicaly is (just in case you want to do it without paying the money).You start the BT experience by doing a 3 day protein ony diet - 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 3 snacks. You eat every 3 hours. On the 3 protein only days - you can have protein (no more than 100grams for women and 150 grams for men) every hour if you need to. So for instance the smallest can of tuna is 95grams. The snacks are protein only even when you finish the 3 day protein only commencement. From then you eat basically:
    Breakfast: Protein with fruit (1 piece) or Protein and one piece of toast or some porridge - you get the drift.
    Lunch and Dinner: Protein and vegetables. For the first month, you do 30 minutes (or more) of walking. Then you can do other exercise following that as well. This is basically I believe because other exercise can attract muscle which on scales makes you look in numbers like you are heavier when in fact you are losing fat. Its a psychological move that is designed to make you feel positive and to see the results in the form of the scales. So as 'O Well' says it isn't rocket science. The trick is to find a diet that suits you. We are individuals, so for instance for me BT doesn't really suit me. Whereas the McDougall diet and Fit for Life - which are basically vego diets does suit me. Anyway, for those interested the above is basically the BT diet/ And to hell with BT trying their best to their grubby little paws on our money. The above is basically the premise for the Bt diet. And, for those interested in looking at other diets: Dr McDougall can be found at
    www.drmcdougall.com.
    Fit for Life - just look it up on Google - but it is a wellknown diet from the 70's and then there is Dukan Diet (another high protein diet). Two of my friends are currently doing the Dukan Diet - I've read the book as well. I think it is a good diet, however, if you are not into meat and poultry a tad harder to do. Me, I'm looking at other alternatives like the McDougall and Fit for Life diets. I think for me that instead of calling this new adventure a diet - I'm going to call it a lifestyle change. Because it does need to be for life. And, to finish this off I again say without hestitation that geoff and his money grabbing grave digging mates should be brought to answer for their actions. They show absolutely no regard for people with weight problems and what their behaviour does to your self-esteem.

• De
      11th of Nov, 2012

I wish i had of read this before I purchased the so called free trial, nothing else to pay etc..etc... I have just found that 4 months down the track that they have been taking $25.78 out of my account each month when I told them more than once on the phone that I was NOT interested in the membership but they took the money anyway.. I didn't even look at their website but after ringing them I was told basically "too bad" I must have said YES to the membership, I did NOT!!... Then after pretty heated discussion with a woman that couldn't even speak proper English, Kept pronouncing my name wrong over and over, she said she would reverse 3 weeks.. Well they reversed 2 weeks worth and still owe me $51.56..To some this might seem like a small amount but this is more an issue of taking MY money when I paid in full for the program and then they keep taking money without my permission.. Isn't that called "STEALING" "THEFT"... I have written many times and NO reply, they are NOT a safe Company to give your bank details to as they just take money out even though they don't have permission and I am going straight from here to put in a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs...

12th of Nov, 2012

Hi DeeDoug
    Understand your anger. They did that to me - and most likely to everyone. Yes, it is theft if you specifically said no to them. I said no and they did it to me. They did eventually refund my money - but it was after I went on their website - they had at the time a website where you could log in and speak to people - and I left it rip. They refunded. However, I think that Geoff J - Bodytrim diet is very much an unsafe diet in relation to any high protein diet - the research (and please everyone look up the research for yourselves) is clear that high protein diets are linked to various cancers. For instance bowel cancer and breast cancer in particular. I understand the frustration of not losing weight or gaining weight (have done both) - however since avoiding high protein diets and in particular warning people against Bodytrim - I have started to get my life back in order and my health has improved greatly. I know eat lots of vegetables, fruit and wholegrains. In losing weight - I limit fruit to 2-3 pieces a day. My skin now looks fantastic and I feel energy. I've read a lot of different diets and feel compelled to warn people - as a lot of these diets are money grabbing ### that grab onto us individuals who want to lose weight. That is the crime in these diet fads. And that is what bodytrim is - a diet fad that takes people's money and does not warn them about the health risks of high protein diets. Go to Dr Oz (from the TV show). Look up on google Dr Oz - he has a FREE website and it can help anyone with ideas of what to eat to lose weight etc. He even has a program ALL FREE - that you can join to track your success. He has up to date information as well. And he lets you know about the good doctors out there that can assist - or the diets that are healthy such as 80 10 10 diet or McDougall. Anyway, I do understand your anger. And yes = you should lodge a complaint with Consumer Affairs - as they took your money WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. Cheers - Jan.