Body Lean / Unauthorized billing

I ordered Body Lean from an unsolicited phone call. First mistake.

The product was 'free.' All I had to pay for was S&H. The sales person assured me that there would be no 'automatic charges' for future orders. ($99). Toward the end of the conversation, she let slip that there would be automatic reorders. (Conveniently after she already had my credit card information.) I told her that I didn't want the product any more. She told me she would cancel the auto-ship and not to worry about it. In fact, I would be receiving a call from her supervisor advising me of my right to cancel. No need to worry about it. She already did it. I agreed to keep the first order.

Sure enough, I got a message from the supervisor advising me of the cancellation procedure. I called and, as I expected, no one had canceled the auto-ship as promised. I canceled it and got the cancellation numbers. I tried to cancel the original order, but they told me it had already shipped. I was supposed to get it by 11/1.

By 11/14 the product had not arrived. I called again and was told that there was some sort of glitch, it was fixed, and the product was already shipped so I couldn't cancel. By 11/19 I still had not received the product.

I called on 11/19 and told them I still hadn't received the product. This time the person was honest and told me it HADN'T shipped. I canceled the order and was assured that I would not be charged.

On 11/27 I received my credit card statement and sure enough, I WAS charged.

I called the company on 12/1. After 1/2 an hour on hold, I spoke to the same woman I spoke to on 11/14. She told me the product HAD been shipped and I couldn't cancel. I told her that's what she told me on 11/14. She then 'clarified' and told me that the product had been 'shipped' to their office in Northern California, but not to me. I told her to cancel it since I didn't believe her and she already lied to me once. She got indignant and said she didn't lie to me. (The stuff still hasn't shipped.) She said I couldn't cancel. I told her I would dispute the amount with my credit card company and she said, 'you're going to dispute a $4.87 charge?' (I guess this is what they rely on.) I said 'yes I am.' I asked for the name of her company and she said JC Marketing. Before I could ask for the address, she hung up on me.

I immediately called my credit card company and they were very good about it. They issued me a credit for these charges.

Go

Comments

• Ir
      6th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a trial on their product for me and my wife on 10/20/08 and the girl told me that the trial period ran 15 days from that date, 2 weeks I called because I had not you received the product and I canceled any further shipments. Today I received my credit card statement and there are two charger for $69.95 on 11/9/0 and on 11/11/08 and no charge for the original order of $9.90. Today is 11/29/08 and I still have not received the original order which I was told was back ordered and I have been charged 2 times for the full price amount of $69.95 and I am steaming mad that I let this happen.

• Ra
      30th of Nov, 2009

money was taken out of my account and i haven't received any products at all.

• Jj
      11th of May, 2010

what number are you calling? i can't even get a hold of them. thank you for the information i can't believe i got suckered into this scam

• Ki
      25th of May, 2010
    body lean
    Georgia

i had a call about my order and was told that i would recieve one hundred dollars worth of gas vouchers as a gift within 24 hours of my call and still have not recieved them .

• Bw
      6th of Jun, 2010
    Body Lean
    St George

Checked my debit card balance today and noticed a charge of $139.90 with notation of Body Lean St George, no phone number or address, they had no authorization for any chargessince I never ordered to spoke to anyone at all about this product. There was never anything shipped just a unauthorized charge against my card.

• Su
      25th of Jun, 2010

the same thing happen to me. was charged never got product, called to cancel they still charged my account. cant get a hold of anyone. i lost out on 139.00

• My
      16th of Nov, 2011
    Body Lean

The man said that I was chosen to take part of small group of individuals who could try a new product before it was released in stores and our testimonies would be used in commercials. It was a weight loss shake and he would send me 2 weeks supply free if I paid $1.00 shipping and handeling. The product never arrived and my credit card was charged $139.90 and $159.90 twice by BODY LEAN in St. George, Utah.