Boca Java / Scammed

Chesterfield, VA, United States Review updated:
3.2
Phone: 8045551212
I ordered coffee from this company through an email sent to me. BAD IDEA. I received the firs shipment, then the next month got the second shipment on an automated shipment program, THAT I WASN'T AWARE OF WHEN I ORDRED THE VERY FIST TIME. So I called Boca Java and they told me to send them back the coffee and when I was ready to call them back and they would ship the coffee. THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY CREDIT CARD! NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT BECAUSE IT IS MORE THAN 90 DAYS, THEY ARE REFUSING TO SHIP ME MY COFFEE!! EVEN AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR IT. I DID NOT ORDER THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE AND I WAS UNAWARE OF ANY TIME FRAME OR ANY CLUB DETAILS. YES I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ORDERING THROUGH AN UNSOLITED EMAIL, BUT THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD AND THEN NOT SHIP THE COFFE.. I CURRENTLY HAVE KEVIN HOLLBROOK AS THE CEO AND HIS OFFICE NUMBER IS [protected]...HE HAS A GATEKEEPER, BUT KEEP BUGGIN HIM UNTIL HE CHANGES HIS THEIVING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!
Mo

Comments

Mo
  17th of Nov, 2008
I ordered coffee from this company through an email sent to me. BAD IDEA. I received the firs shipment, then the next month got the second shipment on an automated shipment program, THAT I WASN'T AWARE OF WHEN I ORDRED THE VERY FIST TIME. So I called Boca Java and they told me to send them back the coffee and when I was ready to call them back and they would ship the coffee. THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY CREDIT CARD! NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT BECAUSE IT IS MORE THAN 90 DAYS, THEY ARE REFUSING TO SHIP ME MY COFFEE!! EVEN AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR IT. I DID NOT ORDER THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE AND I WAS UNAWARE OF ANY TIME FRAME OR ANY CLUB DETAILS. YES I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ORDERING THROUGH AN UNSOLITED EMAIL, BUT THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD AND THEN NOT SHIP THE COFFE.. I CURRENTLY HAVE KEVIN HOLLBROOK AS THE CEO AND HIS OFFICE NUMBER IS 954 949 2000...HE HAS A GATEKEEPER, BUT KEEP BUGGIN HIM UNTIL HE CHANGES HIS THEIVING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!
  17th of Nov, 2008
I went to the site and decided not to buy. When I was leaving the site, a popup indicated that they would give me a $15 coupon if I stayed and bought coffee. Nothing else was required except buying their coffee. Now they say I have to buy something from trialpay.com. I am attempting to cancel the order now.
Om
  14th of Apr, 2009
I purchased some (www.magicworkstation.com) software through trialpay, and choose the Boca Java option. Everything has been perfect. Trialpay and Boca java sent immediate confirmation to magicworkstation and gave them 48 hrs to process. Within the 48 hours I received my key to register the full version of the game client. about 4 days later, I received my purchase of Sumatran coffee from Boca Java ($15) and this coffee is excellent, when brewed per directions!
Am
  5th of May, 2009
That your own fault for giving out your credit card number without reading the fine print. Don't blame Boca Java for your inability to read.
Bp
  30th of Jun, 2009
Strongly agree! When you order the coffee at their "special deal" you may be unknowingly automatically signing up for BJ's "Connoisseur Club" where they automatically ship the same stuff to you every four weeks and charge your card. It's known as "slamming" and I refuse to be part of it. The coffee isn't very good (most is downright lousy), and at $38.30 for 2 lbs. is overpriced.

I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and in fact get a new card number issued so BJ wouldn't be able to do it again.

The guy at BJ identified himself as Tony and said they would credit my account $25 if I returned the coffee. I immediately made it clear that was unacceptable and they could take it up with my credit card company because I would refuse delivery.

I am a retailer myself, and this is NO WAY to treat customers! Screw Boca Java and their predatory business practices!

Caveat emptor!
Su
  9th of Jul, 2009
I made the mistake of ordering as well. After receiving my first order, I tried to cancel my membership. (The fine print said I could cancel within 10 days with no further obligation) The day I called to cancel was the 10th day. They said I was too late and was obligated to purchase four more packages of the lousy coffee. Not happy!!! So I went to the website and changed my preferences to have the most time available between shipments. I choose 90 days. So, wouldn't ya know that 30 days later I received a notice that my next order was shipping out. I called the customer service number to stop the shipment. They said it was too late to stop the process. But they could offer me a store credit (keep in mind the coffee has not left their warehouse yet)! I asked to speak to a manager. I was told that I would not be able to do that. They were all in meetings! Got to love that!!!

So moral of the story...run screaming!!! Do not buy coffee from Boca Java. It's not even good coffee!
To
  14th of Aug, 2009

Boca Java - Unauthorized charges
bocajava.com

I had ordered a mothers day gift sample pack. No problem until I got my order. It was not what I ordered. No big deal right? WRONG, The customer svc rep on the phone told me it is what I ordered and tough luck, if I wanted to change it out I would have to pay for shipping both ways. I told them to cancel as when I was told to do by phone by email after I had tried to cancel by email. I know most people would say maybe I made a mistake, The only problem is my mom has grind ed her coffee since before I was born. Any way they sent me another shipment and billed me 34.95 and is refusing to take back there product. They are misleading, very nasty on the phone and the kicker is they are only 2 miles from my house. They are fairly new and should close, If they don't get locked up If you have ordered cancel your credit card.
Re
  6th of Sep, 2009
the exactly same thing happened to me! i dont know what I should do now..
Vt
  8th of Sep, 2009

Boca Java - Irresponsible with cc and no refunds
Florida
bocajava.com

First of all the company has very poor customer service, refuses to refund money, will only give you partial credit on their merchandise. I was on the auto ship plan where they are supposed to email you 7 days before they charge your card, yet in over 2 years more than 6 times they didn't do that, they just charged my card and shipped; very irresponsible of a company that sells good coffee but very overpriced ($15/lb). I would not recommend this company to anyone due to their practices, its almost like their desperate for money.
Sa
  15th of Sep, 2009
I placed my first order. The coffee took almost three weeks to arrive. So after it arrived I cancelled. They then charged me almost $30.00 and I have no idea what for? I called them they told me I didn't cancel. But I still have no idea what the charge was for. I called again and they said they would refund half my money and give me a store credit. I don't want a store credit. I want my money. I filed a complaint with BBB. Am just waiting to hear . DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
Ji
  26th of Sep, 2009
Sorry, no sympathy here. You were the one that punched the keys, Boca Java didn't make you. If you didn't read the print you have one one else to blame.
  10th of Oct, 2009
Yes, I agree with you.
This is absolutely cheating!
  10th of Oct, 2009
I was also cheated by them!
Becareful about their commercials.
Never buy it again!
Hc
  13th of Oct, 2009
I do so agree with the people who complained about Boca Java. Their business practices with regard to charging for their coffee and then not delivering it and refusing to cancel accounts are totally un-acceptable. I ordered an "introductory order" from Boca Java through Survey Spot to just to try their coffee. Then they kept sending it and sending it and sending it. When I told them to stop, they ignored me. I had to request a new credit card to get out of their clutches. If they would only do business as ladies and gentlemen, if they would respect the wishes of their customers and get their quantities and prices more in line with the rest of the world, they would do a lot more business. Their Sumatran Sunrise is some of the best coffee I have ever tasted, but they will never get another order from me due to their contempt and the way they treat their customers.
Fp
  18th of Feb, 2010
Seriously, when you put in your credit card number you should ALWAYS read the terms and conditions. I have Boca Java and I KNOW you had to check a box on that first order that says you read the terms and conditions which clearly outline the fact that it is a monthly service and you're agreeing to pay monthly. If you didn't read the terms and checked the box anyway it's in no way a scam. That's like signing a marriage license without reading what your signing first then saying "wait a minute, I didn't know I was getting married!" too bad, it's legal and binding, you should have read it. You can cancel your boca java membership at any time, don't expect to get your money back because you were ignorant enough to check a box saying you read the fine print without actually reading it.
  4th of Nov, 2010
Here near the end of 2010, perhaps their practices have changed. Boca Java is a great company with simply wonderful coffee. I have been a member for almost 2 years with no issue. They are quite clear when you join that you are enrolling in a coffee club that will send you more coffee. You are obligated to buy 1 additional shipment of coffee and then you can cancel your membership. You can also set when you want your coffe shipped (choose anywhere between 4-12 weeks.) I love it! If you do not read the terms of joining it really is your own fault. Their intro deals are amazing! But since when you get something for nothing. If you don't agree don't join. Simple! Happy coffee drinking!
An
  10th of Jan, 2011
I was a member from 2007 through 2009 loved the coffee but I cancelled without incident. Missed the coffee, so did my friends and family.Febuary or March of 2010 I became a member once again. I do not beleive any of the negative reviews...SORRY...
Rt
  17th of Feb, 2011

Boca Java - Never again
Boca Java

I cancelled my account on February 3rd and was charged a cancel fee and then I get the email notice that everyone else got stating they were closing. I am pissed that they charged me and then closed - rip off to the max. I will never endorse Boca Java or rejoin them. They had to obviously know they were closing way ahead of the date that I cancelled my membership. At that time they should have just thanked me for being a customer and tell me at that point. Not charge me for cancelling my account. That *** big time.
Re
  19th of Feb, 2011
Did you file a dispute on your credit card and refuse to pay the cancellation fee? You really shouldn't have to pay it. Call the credit or debit card company and tell them you dispute the charge and don't want to pay it. It's worth it.
Bo
  30th of Apr, 2012
Rtbhd,
We are very sorry that you had a bad experience with Boca Java a year ago, as we pride ourselves in offering white glove customer service. Boca Java is now family owned and operated and we truly care about our customer's experience. If there is ever the chance for us to win back your trust, we will ship you a sample pack of resh roasted coffee on the house.
Cheers, The Boca Java Customer Satisfaction Team

Boca Java, Inc. Logo Boca Java, Inc.
Overall Satisfaction Rating