Bob's Discount Furniture / desk delivered damaged

1 Post Rd.Milford, CT, United States Review updated:

Have bunk beds purchased at Bob's a few years ago...went back to purchase matching desk, and did so immediately. Desk was delivered damaged, and a new desk was to be delivered the following week. No call, no desk! When I called, a new delivery date was set. On that date, I received a call, telling me VERY rudely that the desk had been discontinued and that my only option was to keep the damaged desk, or return it. I told them that undiscounted, the desk was not worth it (chipped corners, drawers that didn't slide...a floor model, I was told), and to please pick it up. They arrived within 10 minutes to retreive their desk. When I called customer service to inquire as to why I had not been informed that the desk had been "discontinued", I was dealt with in the most trivial and rude fashion. I sent an e-mail to their regional offices, and was told that they INDEED had desks, undamaged, in their warehouse facility, and I would receive a call the following day to get a new, undamaged one. Not only am I still waiting for this phone call (for about 2 months), I amstill being billed for a desk that I do not have!

Comments

Bo
  24th of Jul, 2009

Hi Carla –

I'm sorry to hear you’re having a disappointing experience. My name is Kalley and I am contacting you on behalf of Bob’s Discount Furniture. I know you’ve been in touch with customer service previously, but I assure you customer satisfaction is truly a top priority for us. If possible, it would be great if you could send me your contact information and we’ll reach out to you directly. We appreciate hearing customer feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to get this situation corrected.