Bob Brady Auto Mall / Unethical and Dishonest

1 Decatur, IL, United States Review updated:

We purchased a Grand Caravan from Bob Brady at the end of April '08. I should've went with my gut instinct and went elsewhere from the start. We were pressured into the purchase in the first place at an astronomical interest rate and only given 2 vehicles to choose from because of our credit history. We told them a million times that we had no down payment but when we got there they said the bank insisted on a $1500 down payment and they would take 4 separate checks as an "in house" arrangment; then they put paid in cash on the bank contract. Then we were forced to let them install a contraption on the van that you had to enter a code in once a month or it shut the vehicle down. We weren't even given any information or instructions on how to use the device. Then I started receiving letters from lenders denying me credit...over fifteen notices. I never did hear from a bank or get a statement...nothing. After several weeks and a million phone calls, the girl I spoke to M.M. tells me that "everything is fine, you'll hear from the bank any day" only to find out a week later from the finance department that they loan was NEVER approved and we were never notified! They continued running my credit for weeks, without proper authorization, and should have removed that ridiculous contraption weeks ago! Finally, after reassuring me that they had another bank lined up and would take the device off...I thought it was settled. Four days later they called me and told they have to pick the van up and return ours because the didn't get it financed! I contacted an attorney and have excellent grounds for a civil suit, which I will definitely file! We've had this vehicle for over 45 days and now they want it back?! Completely unprofessional, unethical, and dishonest. I hope they lose their license.

Comments

• Be
      18th of Jul, 2008

You are one of a long list of people who have been scammed at Bob Brady Auto Mall. What I can't believe is the fact that Decatur, Illinois, is not a huge city (80, 000) population and yet people still walk into the Bob Brady trap every day. People in the Decatur area need to get organized and let the rest of the poor suckers out there know what Bob Brady is all about. Put bumper stickers on your car advising people to not shop at Bob Brady; or put fliers on car windshields at the mall or Walmart stating what tricks they use to steal money, they would really like that. Go to Bob Brady on their busiest day (Saturday morning) and waste their time going on test drives and simply walk away saying you are not interested. As you can tell, I was also a victim of these ### and would love to see them run out of business. Good luck with the law suit, although I doubt you get any where with it. Bob Brady has lawyers to deal with these issues every day; cheating people out of their money is their business.

• Be
      15th of Oct, 2009

I WAS RECENTLY SCAMMED BY THIS VERY SAME THING!!! THEY DESTR0YED S0ME 0F MY PERS0NAL PR0PERTY BEL0NGING T0 MY CAR THAT I HAD T0 C0ME BACK AND PICK UP 0NLY T0 BE T0LD IT WASN'T THEIR PR0BLEM! I D0N'T EVEN LIVE IN THE CITY AB0UT 45 MILES 0UT AND HAVE WASTED A T0N 0F TIME AND GAS AND MENTAL SANITY 0N THIS AND IT'S N0T THEIR PR0BLEM! THESE PE0PLE ARE S0METHING ELSE AND I D0N'T KN0W H0W THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT! D0 N0T BUY FR0M THEM!

• Fe
      16th of Jun, 2010

ANYONE UP FOR CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT...We were "spot delivered" too. Took the car back & were issued a refund of $700 via our debit card...the refund has yet to show up. What a friggin NIGHTMARE! feebum at gmail dot com

• Bb
      22nd of Dec, 2010

I agree with the scam. I have horriable credit and was told by C.H in the finance dept that with my income I was approved. Just come up and get a car. I live in Saint Louis, MO! So I went up there and guess what I wasnt because of my credit and needing a big down payment but since I was filling bankruptcy come back once I filled and would get a NEW car with zero down. I thought oh cool, new car. So I filled and let my current car go back in the bankruptcy. Drove up there that weekend had everything. I even called the ay before to make sure everything was great. And was told by another person yup everythings great your all approved just come and get a car. Well 3 hours one way up there and them knowing my income the whole time decided that I was no longer quailfed. even though I made 4500 a month!! So needless to say after weekly emails from Ch. Hi. about coming up there, repeted phones calls from them I drive 6 hrs roundtrip and drive home empty handed. And I now hear alot more storys just like this. Buyer beware!!

• Ba
      24th of Jan, 2012

this place is all a bunch od ### and i cant belirve they have been inbusiness for 25 years, they sold my daughter a car and it hjahad a blown head gasket in 6 weeks, they willl fix it or my attorny might hald to get involved. and they tricked us into driving 2 hours to get there by telling her she was approved for 25, 500.-00 and it all changed when we got there! they will lie cheat and kill teir first born to get you to buy a car .

9th of Sep, 2015

I purchased a new car and they needed a down payment. They said they would hold the check and not deposit until the end of the next month. Guess what that was a lie and my checks are all bouncing. They want to sell cars and make a buck and will tell you anything. Very disappointed!!! Shady business practices.

24th of Sep, 2015

I live in Chicago 2-3 hrs drive I receive a call that I was approved that I should come pick out a car that just bring proof of income residence and a utility bill I drove my car 2004 and told them that I did not want to put down no more than 500.00 stated that down payment not required but only got 300 for my car and had give a check for 1000. that would be held but now they cant verity my living arrangements because I don't pay rent or mortgage and the house was in litigation and not in my name now they want to repos the car and revoke registration because s bank finance co cant verify the landlord and that I am squatter I Have lived in my house for 18 years biggest fraud and scam I getting attorney