Boatsdepot.org / Scam

1 1616 Wollmer St.Manitowoc, WI, United States Review updated:

They tried to get me to send a money gram to New York, for a boat that was in Florida, and a guy that his IP address was regitered to Spain.
His personal emails and Boatsdepot.com fake emails are sick, and i feel horrible for the people who have lost thousands this way. Thank God i didn't send my check. Thanks to all the forums that made me aware of this, and all the websites about fake escrow and scamming. Never Again!

Comments

• Kw
      21st of Jan, 2009

I too had a similar experience. The boat and seller was 30 minutes from me in Santa Cruz, CA but they wanted a Moneygram to be sent to New York. I offered to pay in cash and they insisted the funds had to be money gram to NY because of invoicing. If the seller is in CA why NY. I asked the seller if I can survey the boat and questioned why the address was to a UC Santa Cruz campus. After corresponding with the seller for two weeks, the communication stops. Be careful with these guys. If it's too good to be true, think SCAM. I'm glad I didn't send the $$$.

• Je
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I was trying to buy a boat from this site. It was listed as being in Iowa and the U.S. When I contacted the seller to set up an appointment to have the boat professionally surveyed, he told the boat was in the U.K. He would pay for shipping and if I did not like the boat he would pay for the shipping back to the U.K. and refund all of my money. Huh? Are you kidding? Good thing I was not born yesterday. What a scam. BEWARE!!!

• As
      23rd of Jun, 2010

hi
    any body can help me
    i sent 7900 USD for this site Boatsdepot how can i get my money back
    please any one can help me ?
    the date i sent the money : 15/05/2010
    What i can do for them?

please contact me at this email: asseel_3@hotmail.com

• Jr
      8th of Jun, 2011

This is a scam folks. The website is apparently legitimate according to the Police but some of the boats, outrageous prices and people are not real. They even go as far as to communicate with you trying to put you at ease. They claim that the boats will be picked-up and delivered to you within 4 days if you live in the US and 5-9 Days if you live Internationally. They ask you to send payment via Western Union and confirm everything and then the boat never shows up and you of course never hear back from them.

I did a title search on the boat and even called the manufacturer. The Hull Identification number they used is even legitimate. The manufacturer was able to give me the details of when it was built and who it was sold to originally and even who the warranty has been transfereed to. I went as far as contacting the owner of record and he was deceased. This scam cost me $3000.00 so consumer beware. It is a hard lesson to learn but I jusdt hope it protects someone else.

Cops are on it I let you know how things turn out!!!

• Fr
      14th of May, 2013

Hello, I saw a boat for sale on this website and decided to contact the seller,
    the seller goes by the name of Bruce Cloma and uses a Gmail email address.
    Here is a copy of our email communication

The boat is in perfect condition, no damages, no hidden scratches, bents, cracks. The hull is clean. Kept it in a garage, runs great.The maintenance is up to date. Both, boat and trailer titles are clear.Also the trailer it is included in the sale price.I am working on an oil platform and I won't be back too soon. The boat it is in the shipping company custody but this won't be a problem if you want to buy it because it can be shipped to your address. Anyway, let me know if you are interested or if you need other details.

Julio Lopez
    7:13 AM (1 hour ago)

to Bruce
    Good, is shipping also included in the price?

Bruce Cloma 7:58 AM (1 hour ago)
    Yes.I am unable to meet you in person for this transaction so we will use the...

Julio Lopez
    8:28 AM (38 minutes ago)

to Bruce
    That sounds good but I will use my own broker that will inspect the boat right there and do the necessary research Hull identification and tittle ownership. Who is the boat registered to and what is the name of the shipping company and its location? What is their phone number?

I don't think that he will contact me back after this request, I will keep you guys posted.
    These guys are big time scammers and please don't trust anyone or send money to anyone just because you think that the deal is too good to pass. Most of the time if a deal is too good to be true, it isn't.

Don't ever buy anything unless you use your own broker and have title in hands.