BoatFix.com / Company doesnt answer phones

P.O. Box 1317, 29 Central AveMays Landing, NJ, United States Review updated:

I placed an order on this website for a Stator on 12-9-07. I was under the impression It would be shipped UPS. After the order was placed, I received a confirmation Email saying the order was being processed and would be shipped USPS. I would be sent a tracking number. By 12-11, I still didnt have a tracking number so I sent an Email to the help desk asking where the part was. I got no response. 12-13, the part was at my door. I quickly noticed it was the wrong part. I clearly ordered a 583410. They sent me a 583508. Honest mistake. I tried to call the number provided on the site to correct this. The phone number referred you back to the website to look under the help desk and to fill out a ticket. I did so and asked for a phone call back. I got no calls all day 12-14. I tried calling the number again and tried to get an operator. The operator line said the mailbox was "full."

On 12-17-07 I contacted CDI directly and informed them of my situation. After some checking, it turns out, I was sent the right part. However, it was assembled wrong because it didnt fit and am waiting on a replacement by CDI.
Va

Comments

Da
  30th of Sep, 2008
This company is horrible! Bought an item back in June that took them 2 weeks to ship. Received item which was the wrong item number. Did the return "ticket" process multiple times with no response. Finally found a phone number to call but took days to get a hold of anyone. They never returned my calls. The afore mentioned "Mike" answered and started swearing and arguing immediately with me. Told me that I can not make a return. Finally talked him into sending me a return RMA number. Sent the item back in during June but Boatfix said they will refund me when they get around to it. Submitted a complaint with the credit card company and have only now (3 months later!) received a refund but for only half of the amount I purchased the wrong sent item for! This company is a poster-child for a bad company! Stay away!!! Buyer beware! Take your business elsewhere!!!
Ju
  9th of Mar, 2009

BoatFix.com - Charging for items that are not in stock and failing to issue refund
Boatfix.com
6 Chenell Drive, Suite 290
Concord
New Hampshire
Phone: 603-856-8841
boatfix.com

I placed an order for 3 items with boatfix on Jan 14th. Received a shipping notice on the 16th. Received one item, no information about when the other items would be shipped. I contacted them on the 28th, received a reply that they would look into it. A week later, Feb 4th, I ask again where the rest of my order is, they reply they are still looking into it and sorry about forgetting to get back to me. On the 10th they finally get back to me, tell me one of the items is on the way and the other one is back ordered with no delivery date. I ask for a refund and inform them that it is not customary to charge someone for an item that is not in stock. They respond that it is very common to charge people for things that aren't in stock and that they would be issueing me a refund. On the 20th, they notify me that a refund would be posted within the next 2 days. It's now March 9th, still no refund.
Kg
  26th of Aug, 2009
I would never use boatfix.com again took a month and never got my order that I paid extra to have shipped 2-3 days They didnt return phone calls or emails over the course of a month finally I just called my Visa and got a credit.
Bf
  23rd of Dec, 2009
Ordered boat stands via web on 9/10/09. Credit card was charged when order paced. When I did not hear From merchant after a couple of weeks I contacted their customer service via email. Turns out that they never had product in stock. Order eventually canceled and I was told that I would be issued a refund. After I got my credit card statement it did not show the credit. I contacted merchant again and they said they would take care of it. Got next credit card statement and it still does not show refund. I put the charge in dispute with my credit card company and they have issued me a "temporary conditional" credit until this dispute is resolved between the merchant and me. Merchant still claims the credit went through on his end and that this is now my problem with the credit card company (Citicard). Citicard tells me they never got the credit from the merchant. Bottom line is that this merchant took my money and never sent product and has not yet refunded me. Sounds like a criminal act and I either want him to credit me or I want to press charges.
Pm
  10th of Sep, 2010
I wish I had read these reviews before engaging with Boatfix. I experienced both a lack of responsiveness from not only their first line customer support but also from the supposed supervisor Les Hall.

Boating enthusiasts - BEWARE! boatfix.com is not a reputable company that has customer satisfaction as any sort of priority.