BOAT TUNE / Service Rip-off

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

Take Your Business ANYWHERE Else!!!
I do not want to call anyone liars like a few of the other reviews have, but it does not surprise me to hear that.
I used Boat Tune 5-6 years ago twice for misc service and both times they gouged me for a lot more than it should have cost. I swore to never to use them again…
Then last year I wanted to have a certified mechanic test drive my boat (with me) and after calling around they were the only ones who would take me out on the water with them on the test drive so I reluctantly used them again. It was VERY pricey, but I have to be fair and say the mechanic was good and help diagnose my issues. They earned my trust to bring back my boat again… BIG MISTAKE!!!
Recently I asked them to look at my trim pump. They charged me $100 to tell me it would be $250 + the $100 for a total of $350 to replace just the motor portion (just part of the overall trim pump)!!! Just FYI the whole trim pump (reservoir, motor, pump and bracket) is only $290 NEW!! They want more to change out part of it than the whole thing cost! That is like paying more for one tire than you pay for a set of four tires… What a joke and a rip-off!
I tried to speak with them about losing me as a customer over this and they just didn’t care… In fact he started to yell at me and blamed me for being a bad customer… SHAME on you Bob.
So I paid my $100 FOR NADA, and decided to write this review to help warn others to TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE but Boat Tune! Well unless you like to pay too much and want bad customer service!

Da

Comments

• El
      15th of Feb, 2009
    BOAT TUNE - SERVICE
    BOAT TUNE
    Orlando
    Florida
    boattune.com

Brought my boat in for service. They said they would look at it two days later. The next day they called me wih a list of items that they checked, but i didn't ask them to check. they puled my drain plug out when i never do. i launched the boat and it almost sank. The boat was fixed, but they estimated $400 and the repair only came to $337.00.

15th of Feb, 2009

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGT, YOUR COMPLANING BECASU YOUR BILLED WAS LOWEERED THAN THE ETISMATE?? $337 DALLORS < $400, M

GOB BLESS AMRECIA!