Boardwalk Shoes / Terrible experience

1 US Review updated:

I am a pretty calm, laid back person. But today I raised my voice, in public, in front of my mother, to a store manager who called himself a "retail expert".

I bought 3 pairs of shoes from their 3 for $30 clearance section. I went to exchange 2 pairs, and the manager wouldn't allow to exchange the one I wore for a total of 15 minutes. If you wiped off the heel, they were PERFECT. And he was outright rude about it too. I said that I'm a new customer, and I'm wearing one of the pairs for my wedding day, and I discuss this stuff on my wedding site and recommend stores to my friends, and considering this, would he do the exchange just as customer service? He said he didn't care, that postings don't make sales, and I can't even remember the rest he got me so mad.

What kills me is, if he had actually managed to be polite, told me sorry, he'd like to, but he's going against store policy, ...whatever...I would have still exchanged the one pair and picked up a couple more. I just couldn't handle the attitude on him. I told him I worked in retail, that I understand policy issues but customer service comes first. He responded that he was a "retail expert", and that he didn't just work in retail for a couple of days.

My mom and I both left absolutely livid. I was so upset, that the shoes I was going to wear to my wedding I am now going to sell them at my upcoming yard sale. We went into Zellers and found a much nicer pair for my big day. Bottom line, I will not buy shoes there again. I have never been treated so poorly by a retailer. If customer service counts for anything to you, avoid Boardwalk Shoes (or at least the Oshawa, Ontario location).

Wa

More Boardwalk Shoes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cu
      Oct 07, 2013

girlfriend bought a pair of boots. The store put two different styles of boots in the box and she didn't realize this until she go home. She went back to the store and they wouldn't exchange the boots because of a store policy. What is the store policy on providing a customer with the wrong pair of boots? Awful customer service. Terrible shoes. Terrible store. Stay away.