Boardgames4us.com / Sudoku game

1 Canada Review updated:

This company does not reveal their return policy until you've already received the product. I ordered a game that was not what I was expecting it to be. The box was not plastic wrapped, but the contents were. I did not open anything that was factory sealed. Their rules state that if the product is not in factory condition they will ship it back at your cost. I was afraid that by opening the box I had broken the rule. They actually state on their website that with the return shipping cost and restocking fee it is probably better that you not return the product and save it as a gift for someone else. Why would I gift someone a product I do not like and want to return? and why would I take a chance on shipping it back only to have it returned at my cost? Do not order from this website!!

Ma

Comments

• Bo
      27th of Apr, 2012

One thing that isn't really clear in this complaint is that the item was not very expensive. That means that shipping costs are a significant expense. Shipping it multiple times could cost more than the item.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to prevent someone from not checking for the Return/Refund policy before placing an order. I am not sure I would agree about "not revealing" the policy when, a pretty obvious link is provided, on the Home Page, included as a link on the order invoice that is emailed, and included in the terms and conditions page, and the FAQ page. It is pretty hard to put this information everywhere.

I expect that most people would consider it reasonable to charge shipping costs when a person makes a mistake and wants to return an item after they changed their mind. I don't think that most people would like to help pay for some other person's mistake.