BMW Mantra Grinder / Worst grinder company in the world

Do not buy any product from Balaji machine Works or BMW Coimbatore. We bought a Mantra Grinder in Feb 2005 and within 3 months the section that holds the lid broke into 2 pieces. The grinder is no longer usable as the lid cannot be closed.

After tracking the service center for another 2 months they sent a guy to have a look. After this that was the end of the issue. The kept dodging my calls and when they sometimes received they would say that a request has been sent.

It's been 2 years now since the thing broke down and still there is no sign of them fixing it.

A  13th of Jan, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I had purchased a Mantra Wet Grinder from Rathna Stores in T Nagar Chennai. Deceived by its digital timer features,its 12 yr international warranty and due to time constrait, I had to pick this grinder without any research and eventually paid the price.

The grinder costed about 5400 INR and I had brought it to US on my return from vacation. The grinder had problems with its power supply and I had to tap it a couple of times before it would switch on. Having used it for about 5-6 times, the motor stopped working one fine day.

I am now in USA, desperate to find a service center to try my luck fixing it. Adding to my disappointment is this below review from wikipedia about MANTRA products.....

"However, despite these advances in bringing modern engineering into Indian kitchens, there are limitations. A few companies have been noticed to manufacture inferior products that are not robust enough and often fail. This forces the consumer to go back to the old-fashion grinding stone.

*Mantra Tabletop Grinder - Coimbatore Is one such product. These companies are unregulated and there are a large number of anonymous manufacturers who take up this work and do not produce it to standards.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_grinder"
A  21st of Feb, 2008 by
I have the similar situation now with Mantra Table Top Grinder. I bought this from Rathna Stores, T-Nagar. I just started using the grinder today and it abruptly stops every 20 minutes (I am not sure is it because of over heat or something else) which make frustrating to use it further.

I don't know where to go now as I got stuck with this in U.S. I will never recommend this to product to anybody.
A  24th of Jun, 2008 by
I bought the mantra turbo grind about 2 years back...For few months it was fine. Then the problem started... It wl struck in the middle and i have to manually apply force to rotate it. one fine day the base was gone and i serviced it by paying some amount. Now again the grinder is not working. Planning to do proper research on grinders and then go for a new one...
D  5th of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
In my family almost seven of us have MANTRA Table top wet grinder. I do not have any service issues. I recommend that you go in for only MANTRA WET GRINDER. The above reviews have something suspicious. I feel when you stress on telling the name of the company as bad or the worst company in the world. It seems that you have some personal vengeance on the company and you are trying to spoil the company name. and not interested in getting your product serviced. I personally feel you are in someway connected to some other wet grinder brand and doing this on purpose. please send your service queries to headoffice@bmwmantra.com and stop blaming a company which is the only company in the wet grinder industry to have eight exclusive models to offer to the customer. If you really are a dissatisfied customer pls try contacting the company than giving unbelievable reasons.
D  12th of Jul, 2008 by
I had purchased a mantra wet grinder 4 years back, its working exelently and till now I had no problem.I had recomended this to many of my friends and they are aiso equaly satisfied
D  12th of Jul, 2008 by
I totally disagree with the comments forwarded by Ram. In every electronic product there should be some or other problem. To say something about my experience about the mantra which is working excellently for more than 2 yrs. Intially when i had the problem how to use the grinder i had got the service within 24 hrs they reached my doorstep. In fact i had exchanged my old ultra wet grinder which was giving me hell of a problem as its body has broken 2 times and paid about INR 4000 and even i would never recommend the product to anybody.
A  15th of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Comments from Jaaronan seems like he is trying too hard to praise the company. What affiliation does he have with mantra grinder people.. maybe he is from Mantra company is hat I can say. MANTRA WET GRINDER IS A TERRIBLE AND LOW QUALITY PRODUCT THAT IS NOT FIT FOR USE EVEN IF GIVEN FREE.
N  22nd of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i am Liuba i am from Moldova and my dream it is become a good singer in all world i am from poor famiely and my parents cant give me the maney for to became a singer .I please all people with a good soul and heart to help me please .
A  23rd of Oct, 2008 by
We bought Mantra Wet Grinder from Rathna Stores in T Nagar Chennai its almost 6 months. Its working excellently. But the only thing people must understand is" this is not the same old wet grinder" if its handled and used in proper manner u wil never complain. Please read the instruction manual properly before using. if u require even go for a live demo and learn how to use it in the way it has been made for...
A  9th of Nov, 2008 by
I am unable to find the service centre. Poor Website and the product has issues with the digital feature - which does not work for me... No details of the company contact, service centre hosted in their website...
D  14th of Nov, 2008 by
I Bought Mantra WetGrinder from Vasanth & Co, Velchery, One Week before. The First day Onwards problem Started. The first time grinder body was broken and timer also problem. The Mantra Service centre replace the first one. Again the Second replaced Grinder also Timer Problem. I humbly request all of them, don't buy digital timer WetGrinder.
N  20th of Aug, 2009 by
So you people can suggest a good grinder

A  14th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hi All,

I purchased a Mantra Wet grinder day before yesterday (10-09-2009) from Vasanth & co T.Nagar (North Usman Road). I went to the shop with an strong idea to buy ULTRA grinder but the representative brain washed me with MANTRA wet grinder saying its a 200 watts motor and 12 years warrenty. the mistake i did is i didnt analyzed about Mantra grinder before. so I bought the grinder for Rs.5700.00 after bargaining, i told my mom to test the grinder on the first day, but she tested it on the second day on 11-09-2009. she said the grinder is not running after 45 mins. My friend said dont get afraid of all these things its just a matter of 5000 Rs, don't do any post mortem after purchasing it. so i said my mother to try it on the second day by rotating the axle, she tried but no success, my entire family tried it no gain. Now im totally upset, all my friends said Vasant & co. will never take replacement and they are not customer friendly . So i made my mind what and how i should speak to them. I never know from where i got that guts i balsted them like anything and they agreed to replace it with a new mantra grinder but Im very strong in my decision to replace it for a ULTRA. Mantra representativbe was there he tried a lot to convinece me. Finally they agreed to replace it with a ULTRA Ginder, but they made some adjustments and made the ULTRA grinder price to Rs.5700.00. But im very much thankfull to Vasanth & Co, because i never thought that they even take a replace but they did and even scolded the Mantra wet grinder representatives. Today (14-09-2009) i have got my new ULTRA wet grinder and to my home but i havent test it yet. Im sure even if this new ULTRA grinder is not upto my satisfaction then im sure i will sue them and i will keep you all posted on this.

Rajasekar S.J
A  15th of Sep, 2009 by
Hello Everyone,
My wife bought this grinder in AP, India and started using it here in US. Today is the second time she is using and guess what - I was also there at that time - some sound - click - was heard in the running. I suggested she take out all the wet mass and try it empty. She did try that - but to no use. We are now stuck with this crap of machine. She paid almost 6000 for this. Can anyone has any suggestion on how to reach this company for service.
N  10th of Dec, 2009 by
I purchased one from T Nagar Rathna stores, actually i had gone there with the idea of buying LG ultra, but the salesperson had literllay brainwashed me telling this is fastest moving model, he hit the grinder and did some kind of magic shows telling it is the best it will never break, etc etc . my bad luck, that stupid fellow somehow convinced me in buying mantra, at the beginning for some few months it was ok, the one by one problem started, and the best part of it is u can never grind rice, the machine switches of by itslef, it gets heated up like hell. complaints to the service centre is just waste of time and energy, each time the person comes and does some gimmicks, and makes the grinder rotate[unloaded], and finally when we load it with rice, it never switchwes ON. Shame on the people manufacturing mantra, without actually knowing for what purpose a grinder is used. SHAME ON YOU, BMW [MAKERS OF MANTRA]
A  12th of Mar, 2010 by
Absolutely true, the sales person try to convince you - he is taking extra pain to promote this. Hence I thought of checking one of the most powerful medium (internet). Thank God, I haven't taken Mantra.
If the company management review sites like this (I think so, becuase I have seen some off the track comments in between) - please note you have lost a customer and God Knows How Many More..Good luck to you BMW..!to survive
A  9th of Aug, 2010 by
Mantra is bad company.I too bought a wet grinder, but stoppd working.I tried to fix it all over Trichy, but nothing seems to work.I checked thier website, there is no contact no, address.Pls don't buy this product.
A  16th of Feb, 2011 by
This is the worst product I have come across.With out knowledge of this product my dad had purchased it. From the day we are suffering with this MANTRA WET GRINDER.Please dont buy this product. we contacted the customer care but they never agree to give us new piece of this grinder.Very very bad service. Please dont buy this product.
A  9th of Jun, 2012 by
the company addess
N  27th of Jan, 2013 by
I purchased Mantra wet grinder from Rathna Fan House T Nagar in 2007 October and brought the same to Melbourne. It worked for around three months and stopped. In 2008 I carried the same to Chennai and after great difficulty found the service technician and serviced it. I brought it back to Melbourne . It worked well for around six months and then stopped again. From that time on wards every year when I visit India I carry this extra weight to get it repaired. It has never worked continuously for more than six months. Earlier I used Ultra with out any problem for around 10 years. The sales men in Rathna Fan House convinced me to buy this crap machine. We as public don't know the manufacturer. But these dealers get our details when we request for international packaging, and convince us to buy these machines as they may get extra commission. Hence not only the wet grinder, we should also avoid dealers like Rathna Fan house who take advantage of innocent overseas customers like us as they know about the product and the manufacturer very well.
Sridhar Melbourne