BMW / bad service

1 South Africa Review updated:

This is just another incident that convinced me to sell my BMW, change the F1 team i support and vow to tell every person I know about the pathetic service i have received from BMW in South Africa.
In short, I purchased my car from a dealer in July 2006, submitted all applications for the car to e transferred into my name including the Motor Plan. The car has since been for a service and to replace brake pads (two separate occasions). This morning the car was booked in (still covered under motor plan) for a few niggly issues to be fixed. The service person i dealt with at Auric Auto in Claremont named Colin, could just as well have stayed at home as I think he would have been more productive there. All of a sudden my Motor Plan is not in my name (how is this possible) and no effort was made to try and rectify the problem. I was told by Colin (because why should he be the one following up) to call Auto Atlantic in Cape Town to ask why they serviced my car, and changed the brake pads, as he could not see why they would do that. I managed to do his job, and call them, only to be referred back to Auric Auto to ask them the same questions. When I called Auric Auto, after being placed on hold for 7 minutes, I was then cut off. Called again, repeated the whole process, a lady answered saying "hello" (what happened to may I help you) after I asked to speak to Colin was told "just hold on" (what happened to "no problem, please hold the line) and then she proceeded by cutting me off again! 3rd call (now I have spent at least 37 minutes trying to get answers from BMW, I went through the same procedure, with the same answers with the same people, still not being able to speak to Colin (as i would assume now it was his tea time and I have spent my whole morning trying to get hold of him to he deserved a tea break) I demanded to speak to a manager...and would you believe it, was not available!

So, I duly lost my cool and collected my car, without BMW asking ANY questions or, if they can assist me to resolve the mess... How is that for service! Needless to say, I am still waiting for a reply from someone that is willing to help me.

Tik, Tok, Tik, Tok...

Comments

• Pe
      25th of Feb, 2009

I'm unhappy too, and thinking of selling my Mini because of the bad service.

What is a good replacement, though?

It seems a pity to have to get rid of a good car just because of pad service at the repair garage.

• Ws
      23rd of Nov, 2009

I'm also done with BMW due to the terrible useless service of Auric Auto. I nor any of my family members will ever buy a BMW again. They have great engines, but are badly built cars and heavens forbid you have any problems with your electronics. Auric Auto is useless.

W Smit

• Ri
      22nd of Mar, 2012

Do your self a favour and deal with SMG and ask for Michele Phypher - what a star
    Richard Downing

23rd of Sep, 2018

I had really bad service experience in McKenna BMW. And when I complaint to the sells manager, he said "Go ahead post more bad reviews in yelp because we don't care. And let your friends help you to post more real bad review. And make sure you spell right." Then I asked his name and said I will do it. He told me his name is "Dallas". But I checked their website when i got home. I found his real name is Stu Green... What an pussy...