BMW — window regulators
Our 1998 bmw 528i has had all the window regulators go bad at least once. The drive window is on its fourth regulator. This is a chronic problem that other bmw models also are having. A friend of mine has had his x5 driver side window regulator fail 4 times. I would not be writing this if bmw had a continuous improvement program to correct these design problems. The moon roof regulator also has this same problem, it was replaced under warranty twice and I had to pay for it once. I have decided not to fix it a fourth time.
It is even hard to find an aftermarket replacement that is not the same design. Bmw needs to support their vehicles after the warranties runs out. The problem in my opinion, is the plastic pulleys, the cables pull right off.
The sad part is I am discouraging friend from buying bmw because of this problem.
More BMW Complaints & Reviews
- BMW - bmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer 
- BMW X3 2007 - loud annoying noise from drive train. 
- BMW Canada - vehicle problems! 
- Bmw Uk - scam hp - 622129, 8468009522 
- BMW Canada - poor customer service 
- Center BMW Service - customer service
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - BMW engine poor manufacturing design
- BMW Of Monrovia - dealership did not comply on what was agreed
- Beverly Hills BMW - these guys took money for insurance and it turned out that it didn't cover all the damage and wear of car
- BMW of Nashville - terrible service