BMW / window regulators
Our 1998 bmw 528i has had all the window regulators go bad at least once. The drive window is on its fourth regulator. This is a chronic problem that other bmw models also are having. A friend of mine has had his x5 driver side window regulator fail 4 times. I would not be writing this if bmw had a continuous improvement program to correct these design problems. The moon roof regulator also has this same problem, it was replaced under warranty twice and I had to pay for it once. I have decided not to fix it a fourth time.
It is even hard to find an aftermarket replacement that is not the same design. Bmw needs to support their vehicles after the warranties runs out. The problem in my opinion, is the plastic pulleys, the cables pull right off.
The sad part is I am discouraging friend from buying bmw because of this problem.
More BMW Complaints & Reviews
- BMW - bmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer 
- BMW X3 2007 - loud annoying noise from drive train. 
- BMW Canada - vehicle problems! 
- Bmw Uk - scam hp - 622129, 8468009522 
- BMW Canada - poor customer service 
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - bmw x5 (year 2015) tire service & alignment
- [Resolved] BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - bmw 2 series grand tourer
- BMW cars - pathetic service and multiple quality issues with bmw
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - extremely poor service, aggressive manager with no respect for customer
- BMW Automobile Company - true or false