BMW / broken crankshaft

Dear sirs,

Hereby I would like to express my complaints & claim against bmw.
I have a bmw 3.16 İ sedan automobil which I have purchased in 2005 from kosifler bostanci turkey.

Below you can find full details of my auto
Type : 3.16 İ sedan
Model : 2005
Engine no : a35oh314
No : wbaey11015fj52180

Owner name : bilun akderi

At the moment my car is at 58000 km
(I am the 1st owner of this car)

All the maintenance and services of my car handled by kosifler.

Last saturday (March 28th 2009) , I sit down in my car, I turned the key but my car dİd not start working. Immediately I have called bmw and they sent me a mobile maintenance team. When they arrived and check the car, they said that it should me moved to the car service in kosifler and it should be check. At the moment it seems to be a broken crankshaft. And when I asked him what may be the reason; he told me that this is not related with the driver, it is factory fault.

And on the same day, theytook my car with a tower to kosifler bostanci auto service. Since it was holiday, they could not say anything.

But during the whole holiday, I made a search about the possible reasons of this breakdown. And regret to say that this is an & lsquo;illness of bmw’. And this is completely the fault of factory. And I have been informed that bmw is aware of his fault and collected some of these cars from the market.

But this is my unfortune that I paid thousands of euros to a defective car.

Today (30/03/09) I got a phone call from the service advİser (Namely mr. Feramus dogan) and he informed me that crankshaft has been broken, and there is damage on cylinders and total claim is eur 3214 plus labour fees.

My car is at 58.000 km.
And this malfunction is not related to driver fault. This is completely to production fault.

Hereby I would like to inform you that I will never pay such a repairment fee because of bmw production fault. You have sold me defective car.
At the moment my car is at kosifler car service in bostanci.
They are asking me that money (Eur 3214 plus labour fees. ) for repairment. But since this malfunction is caused by factory production fault, this maintenance should be made under bmw car guarantee.
Otherwise I will apply to all possible legal ways and I will file a case against bmw.

You do not have a right to sell us defective cars.
We are buying bmw cars to be on the safe side.

So I will appreciate if you make an investigation thru kosifler auto bostanci tr (www.Kosifler.com. Tr)

I will not take my car from there. Also due to this malfunction now I do not have a car, this also effected my business life and you do not have the right to leave me without a car.

Looking forward to hear your prompt reply.

All my legals rights reserved.

Bilun akderi

A  9th of Jun, 2015 by
I totally understand, I bought a Bmw 320 td in which my crankshaft broke which cost me over 2000 bucks to get fixed! I would like to know how your legal case is going with Bmw and is it possible to get compensation for this manufacturing defect .

Its really not fair how Bmw is doing this because we bought the car due to Bmw's so called reliable name and statues!

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG Logo BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG