BMS Grant Search / Scam charges!

Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2134469635
I was a victim of debit card fraud by this company. I was charged 39.95 and 7.95 so far. I have contacted my bank and will be going in personally tomorrow to demand my money back. They also want me to pay a 7.50 fee for a new debit card which is not fair since I did not authorize this company to make any transactions on my account. What should I do when I go in? Do I refuse to pay it or do I insist that they take care of it and charge the company they gave my unauthorized funds to?

Very disgruntled victim.

Comments

Re
  25th of Feb, 2008

BMS Grant Search - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
BMS GRANT SEARCH ASSISTANT
New York
Phone: 866-370-7270

NEVER REGISTERED WITH THIS COMPANY AND THEY KEEP CHARGING ME $39.95 MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGES. ON 2/14 THEY REFUNDED ME $39.95 AND THEN ON 2/20 THEY TURNED AROUND AND CHARGED MY CARD AGAIN. THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE GOING TO CANCEL THIS MEMBERSHIP AND APPARENTLY THEY DID NOT. NOW TODAY I WILL CALL THEM AGAIN AND TELL THEM IF THEY CHARGE MY CARD ONE MORE TIME THAT I WILL BRING THEM UP ON THEFT CHARGES.
Ja
  26th of Feb, 2008

BMS Grants Research Asst - unauthorized charges
BMS Grants Research Asst
Las Vegas
Phone: 800-986-2640

They have made at least 3 unauthorized withdrawals from my account. One caused an overdraw. When you try to call the 800 number you get a message saying the number you have called 344-8899 is not in service.
On
  5th of Mar, 2008

BMS Grant Search - Not free!
BMS Grant Search

I signed up to receive a grant search for a couple of bucks. Then i was charged 12.00 and 39.95 a few days later and now a month later another 39.95. I cannot even find their stupid phone number and never received the email I was supposed to with my login and password.

Don't try this!
Ry
  11th of Mar, 2008
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

For customer service you may call 866-396-5694 Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they'll be happy to assist you.

This CD based Grant Program is designed to help customers Locate Grants, Find Grant Applications, Write Grant Proposals, and assist them with anything else that may be needed in the process of obtaining grant funding. The CD offers the ability to search for grants by keyword(s), in up to 5 simultaneous categories. This program is supplemented by a member's site, this site offers access to live chat support for assistance with any part of the application and proposal process or questions pertaining to the CD or the member's site. Also access to one of the largest grant data bases you can find anywhere. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We do not charge customers that call customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at (866) 396-5694 Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,

2128 Mantz Street
Ashland
Kentucky
Phone: 606-923-1494

I have been scammed by BMS Grant Search Asst.and have had recurring payments to my account for several months. There was not clear notification of the recurring charges. "Complaints Board" helped me find a phone number to customer accounts and I have been informed the billings will stop. I was also given a confirmation number to verify this case. I just hope my problem is resolved now. Thank you sooo much!!!...FYI, the number is 866-370-7270.
Na
  2nd of Apr, 2008
I placed my address in form rather than Las Vegas, Nvfor this company..
Ju
  14th of Apr, 2008

BMS Grant Research - Misrepresentation of Fees
Las Vgas
Nevada

The site indicated that I could obtain a CD for $2.99 to learn how to obtain information about federal grant and loans. It stated that my account would be charged $1.99 for the CD and $1.00 for the shipping and handling. A few days later my account was charged $39.95 that I didn't authorize which I will be disputing with my credit card company. Today I received a charge on my account for $7.95 with the same company. I think this company thinks that the consumer will not bother with the charge because they made the initial purchase and most people are ususally too busy and they don't really proofread their credit card bill; they just simply pay it. I work for the company that the charges came through on and I will be disputing the charges that I didn't authorize and if they try to make the charges stick or try to charge my account again, they will have a fight on their hands. This may be a small amount of money to some people but it is not to me and it is the principle of the thing that they think that they can get away with it. I only responded to this because it was supposedly recommended by CNN.
Ry
  15th of Apr, 2008
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures are posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above ( depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "GRANTSEARCHASST". For questions, call 866-396-5694.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves, before they are billed for it.

Sincerely,
Ryan R.
Wi
  1st of Aug, 2008
There seems to be several sites selling this Grant Master CD and
there are several telephone numbers you can call.Go to their
site and take time to scroll to the bottom of their privacy state-
ment and you will find these numbers.
I just recieved a call from the Corp.Office Service Dept and had
a long conversation with Ryan and got my complaint solved in
short order.That number is (866)396-5694 and if you can't
solve your problem call Ryan direct435-773-1795.

WilliamA.Barrow