BlueHippo Funding, LLC / False advertisement!

1 7000 Security BlvdBaltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-778-4018

I purchase a computer from Blue Hippo, I paid $99.00 activation fee, plus six weeks debit amount of 39.99 totaling $239.94. I also pay and extra six week debit amount of 39.99 before Blue Hippo sent my computer. The only thing that was shipped was a 17' color Monitor (monster size monitor) I was told it would be a flat monitor, Harddrive, speakers, keyboard and mouse, and a few softwares that did not equal the $700.00 dollars promised. I called and asked about the free flat screen LCD 20' color TV, color printer, and software games promised and they said that it will be shipped soon.

It has now been 11 months. Need to say I have canceled my account and stopped payments on this computer with cost $2337.50. I received a letter from a law firm Hosto,Buchan, P.L.L.C (Notice of Filing of Arbitration Award) to garnish my payroll for this computer with cost $500.00 at Walmart. I will be fighting this! By any means necessary!

Va

Comments

• Va
      8th of Jan, 2007
    Bluehippo Funding - Anyone considering doing business with this company see this website first!

I do not know where to start. I ordered a computer from BlueHippo Funding in January '04. Today, September 14, 2004, I was told by a representative in the legal division that I will receive it by September 20 or the 21st, 2004. To date I have paid this company 1603.34 and I received nothing. I have reported this company to the Attorney General of Maryland, Consumer Protection Division and they were very instrumental in assisting me with this company. Hopefully I will receive this computer by these dates given as of today.

This company is clearly practicing fraudulent practices to deceive consumers into thinking getting a computer from them is easy. I cannot tell you how many phone calls I have made letters sent etc. I will report this company to the better business bureau. I hope anyone considering doing business with this company sees this website first.

• Va
      16th of Jan, 2007
    Bluehippo Funding - I did not get refund from BlueHippo

On November 14, 2006 I contacted Bluehippo about purchasing one of their computers. After 3 days I decided that I did not want to go through with the purchase and on November 17, 2006 called the customer service department and notified them that I wanted to cancel my order. I was told that they would still be debiting my account for the $99.00 down payment, but that I would receive it back since I had cancelled my order in plenty of time. I was also told that it would take 5-7 weeks to receive my refund. Today is January 16, 2007 and I am still trying to get my money back.

I have called multiple times and no one there can tell me who the CEO or President is, I've been told that the employees don't have supervisors that they report to. So who runs this Scam operation, he has his ### well covered. What must he be doing to deserve such loyalty. I work hard for my money and I will not give up, $100.00 is a lot of money to me and I want it back.

3rd of Feb, 2007

I ordered my computer in June of 2006 and still don't have it...its now 2-2-07. Beware of this scam company!

• Ve
      31st of Dec, 2007

THE SAME HAPPEN TO ME,BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT THE COMPUTER HAD TO BE PAI D IN FULL,AND THAT I COULD NOT MISS A PAYMENT .AFTRE I HAD WAITED OVER SIX WEEKS FOR ANY PART OF THE COMPUTER TO SHOW UP AT MY DOOR. NOW THE COMPUTER IS PAID IN FULL STILL NO TV,PRINTER,OR SOFTWEAR AND NOTHING HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT THE 300$ REBATE. I HAVE CALLED AND CALLED HAVE NOT GOTTEN A GOOD ANSWER.IF I HAD KNOW ABOUT A COMPLAINT SONNER I WOULD HAVE DID SO. THEY ARE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. AND THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED.I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• Li
      3rd of Jan, 2008

On December 05, 2006 I contacted Blue Hippo to purchase a computer. After 6 months I had not received my computer but my account was being deducted every week after the $99.00 dollars which was my deposite for $39.99 each week. Since then I have cancelled the order and requested my refund . I have called on many occasions only to get the run around. It is now January 03, 2008. I now get a recording saying an account specialist with will help me shortly. After 45 minutes I'm still waiting. What kind of scam is this? If you know of a way I can get answers please contact me. It seems that Blue Hippo is not what they say. I think there is a law against false advertisement some where. If you know where I can seek help with this problem please email me. Thanks Desperate.

• Ki
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I total agree with you there is a law against false advertisment and they should be the ones to be takin to small claims court and get what they deserve. Alot of poeple are angry with this company and i dont blaim them. You signthe contract hopeing they will abby by it as well and its them most of the time that isnt following there own guide lines for the items we have requested or purchased from blue hippo. I ordered a computer with the flat screen color tv and color printer and MY $500.00 refund or rebate same thing and it took for ever to get the tv but i did. i paid my payment every month on time never late and this is the thanks i get. What ever blue hippo we are all going to get a BIG time lawyer and get you for all that you have taken from the people who are keeping you in buisness. I havent got my other items i was told i would get at closing. I even got a letter back because i sent a cerified one out to them and it also said please wait another 10 to 21 days for this stuff, well guess what its been 10 mths now and i have never heard anything else. I also do not know what to do for this to be over. I work hard for my money as well and i would like to get what i paid for, even if it was alot more then i should of paid for a computer anyway. I want my things and my refund please anyone help.

• Le
      7th of Feb, 2008

Blue hippo did the same thing to me I've paid in full and they lied and lied about sending my computer and free items. They are full of it from top to bottom. I want my money back for being treated so (nonexistance). If someone can help please email me. Thanks alot. It's good to have good people around.

• Ro
      21st of Feb, 2008

I also hace been waiting for a 124.00 refund since 100907 from blue hippo i have been given the run around also what can be done about this i cancelled my order less than 24 hours after my purchase.

• Wi
      27th of Feb, 2008

Bluehippo I had no service with a company like your because everybody get tired of been a dame fool all time. I deceide to go to the bureau claims department too taked acts agaistion your the department? When a custmore pay for his order why do he get his service no time .

• Ca
      27th of Feb, 2008

TO ANY ONE WHO CHOOSE TO GET A COMPUTER FROM THIS COMPANY IT IS A NO NO, MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN PAID FOR ALMOST A YEAR, STILL I HAVE NOT RECEIVE MY PRINTER OR SOFTWEAR BUNDLE NOR MY REBATE, THEY SENT ME A TV. THAT WAS DAMAGE, AND WHEN I CALLED AND TOLD THEM THEY SAID THEY WOULD NEVER SEND A TV. OUT LIKE THAT. YOU CAN NEVER TALK TO ANY REPS.ALWAYS THE SMALL PEOPLE. TO ANY ONE WHO IS WILLING TO GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT I FEEL WE CAN WORK THIS OUT, YOU HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS THE MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER.

• Vi
      10th of Apr, 2008

BlueHippo needs for the Government to take further action and suspend their liscense permanantly. They gave a description of the computer they were suppose to be selling me and I wrote everything down. When I recieved the paperwork in the mail approximately 3 months later it was a much less expensive computer described, and..after calling them repeatedly for about 6 months they kept telling me they would send the corrected paperwork.. but all I recieved was continuous duplicates of the original paperwork that they sent me, and by now they had taken a little over $1000.00 from my checking account. Finally I put a stop-payment on that and reported it to the attorney general in their state. Companies who use fradulant means to gain business and rip off the public as this BlueHippo has done to so many should not be allowed to practice any kind of business under any kind of liscense.

THAT IS MY OPINION. I WANT MY money back.

• Ir
      13th of May, 2008

I to have been had by this company.I paid in full, yes I recieved my computer and the allowed accessery.And I 've waited the amount of time that asked of me for the rest of my free item.I still have not recieved nothing to this day.Now its 2008 I applied in nov. of 2006 to build my credit because I reciently seperated from a bad marriage of 19 years. so anyways I fell for the add and got took for a $2337.50 computer and no free items that were promised for for being a great costomer.I've called the co. bluhippo time and time again and my answer from them is call back in two weeks and we should have a tracking number of the delivery that contained the free items. And everytime no number and no answer. Also they've told me my account and complaint was sent to upper management. Which of whom to this day i'm still waiting to hear from.If theres any answer out there I would like to know. How Do I get my money back or the free items that were promised. Yes why the small people? why can't companies be honest and stop ripping people off who help build there company? Any answers are welcomed. despreate in Delaware...

• Fl
      16th of May, 2008

cancelation of buying a computer and reclaiming my deposit!

• Ru
      18th of May, 2008

I have been treated the same way.I am a 65 year old widow on SS disabilty and my husband's SS.The computer is my life and I have complied with them faithfully and get the roundaround every time I call.

• Mi
      9th of Jun, 2008

My name is Michael Bell, I brought a computer in 06-08-2006 Paand paid off my computer. This is now 2008 and have not receive my Plat Montior TV and Printer and still waitting for the stuff. I've called and called and they kept giving me a run around. I'm tiredn of calling them upn every month. That's why i stopped calling them for my. And still waiting for my rebate.

My Name is Michael bel.

• St
      15th of Jun, 2008

I too have purchased a computer from Blue Hippo and awaiting the LCD tv and printer and to date I still have not received same as per contract.The computer has started giving lots of problems as well. I am also still waiting for my rebate. I'd like to know what can be done to either receive the products or be compensated without having to go to court! Thank You

• Le
      16th of Jun, 2008

I ordered a computer from blue hippo and this was a year ago. I have gotten my free printer, the three hundred dollar rebate but have yet to recieve the tv and software bundle. I have called so many times and have gotten the run around every time. I feel that if you are going to advertise these things back up what you are selling and don't give people the run around, just send what you promised!

• Do
      9th of Jul, 2008

I had no problems getting my computer. Iam still having problems getting my free gifts. I made all my payments on time, and have called every week, where are my free gifts. Nine months I have waited, still no gifts. They give no reason, why? WHY? WHY? I asure you they will be sent. Then where are they. I am tired of asking, and tired of the excuses. Flase Advertisement, is not the way to go. Why is it they can get a lawyer for not payment, but we can do nothing for their lies. LIES! LIES! LIES!

• Rr
      15th of Jul, 2008

I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT PRIOR TO THE SEVEN DAYS ALLOWED I SAT ON THE PHONE NEARLY AN HOUR WAITING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WANTED TO SURPRISE MY LITTLE GIRL WITH A LAP TOP.ANYWAY THEY DIDNT HONOR THE AGREEMENT AND WENT INTO MY DAUGHTER ACCT AND TRY TO GET THE MONEY. THEY WASNT SUCCESSFUL, BUT THE BANK HIT ME WITH A SERVICE CHARGE 35 BUCKS.THERE CROOKS AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.THE BETTER BUSINESS NEEDS TO PULL THERE PERMIT, UNLESS THERE PART OF THE PROMBLEM TO. I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE AND THEY WILL BE ACTION TAKEN.

22nd of Jul, 2008

I ordered a Dell computer fromBlue Hippo in Febrary, 2008 and still have not received it.

Everytime you call me, it's always a different lie one after the other. I have a list of six calls made to them and no one wants to answer your questions, more and less let to talk to come one in upper management.

I am a senior citizen and can't aford to throw money about in the toilet all together thay have taken $753.82 from my checkcing account and they need to be help accountable for this. I will notify the Attorney General and also the BBB about this company.