Bluegreen Vacations / Resorts / all promises were lies!

Mid summer of 2005, my wife and I were offered a wonderful (free) weekend get away at our choice of ammusement park and hotel accommodation. All we had to do was to attend a 90 min presentation of what we were told was not a, timeshare. At the end of the presentation, we would receive a $50 meal voucher and the weekend get away information. It is now Nov 2006 and we have yet to receive the meal voucher or take advantage of the get away weekend. Not that we haven't tried, but because all three of the dates we selected were not available. Then we selected another set and again denied.

During the presentation, we were told the most wonderful fairy tells that I have ever heard. Sharing our points with family members, $59 per night Luxury condos that were always available anytime. We were also informed that we could purchase condos through RCI at discount rates for family and friends when we wanted at ridiculously low rates. None of these promises are true. We were lied to in order to get the sale and Bluegreen refuses to concede that these promises were lies. We just want out. We have been faithful in paying our monthly fees and have not used any of the points. If a civil law suit is being filed, count me in. If I could just walk away, I would even foreget the money I have spent as a lessons learned.

Va

Comments

• Va
      27th of Nov, 2006

I have not experienced your good luck with booking vacations or renting point. No I am not trying to make a profit, just rent the points; which they did not do. You mentioned you rented your points to friend, but did they ever find a renter for your points? They also made it sound that the points could be rented at a decent value; we pay $2,200 for points and they will give you $900, that is if they rent them. The monthly premiums are not putting me in the poor house; but the unnecessary membership fee is not needed and they do not tell you about it either. They are rude to you if you do not agree with them; no excuse for poor business manners; unless you are a less then legal institute.

Bluegreen did not satisfy all the Reilly's complaints with the company; they only helped them use some point. Why did it take them all this time and distress to help the Reilly's use a service that they claim is there standard business and that the Reilly's had paid for. Because they are not a service oriented company; no satisfaction guaranty. Bluegreen called to take care of my complaint on this website; of course they would not do anything as usual.

Bluegreen, would not let me out of my contract when I stated I was not happy with any of their services. I even told them I did not want any money back that I have wasted away, just out. I could sale it they said. I could not sale this crap to anyone in good conscience.

4th of Dec, 2006

Yes, they did call us and get us a room for the time we requested. And the women that assisted us was wonderful. That does not change anything about being ripped off. That was all they did. That and try and get me to sit through another presentation to "upgrade". Bluegreen is the single worst investment in my life. What got me a room to appease me (and keep from stealing my points AGAIN), Anazing they want you to be greatful for allowing me to use my points (the ones I already paid for).

They have kept points I was saving and as far as I am concerned lied or deliberately mis led us when the sales pitch was made. As in past attempts they did not have anything available when we first tried, until suddenly, after a nasty email and my posts they found a room. BIG DEAL!

NOTHING they promised me when I signed up for this is ever available. As far as I am concerned this is a complete fraud and the guys running it should be in jail. I am trying to sell this, but it is worthless - nobody wants it. All I want to do is give them back their their time (and stop paying for it), but even they don't want it.

I stayed at the Loge Ally Inn in Charleston SC. The room was OK but in disrepair. The window blew out then the handle was broken and they fixed it by jamming shims. A panel in the closet fell out and the towel rack in the bathroom was broken. I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn with better (and nicer) accomidations at half what this cost me (my points). A total waste of money.

There are several others that are trying to get a class certified and pursue a civil class action lawsuit. If we can get a class certified I will join it. I was lied to or mis led and I have the handwritten notes from the sales rep. to prove it. I will all of this over to an attorney. My wife and daughter were present and will testify to what was said. They lied.

If there are enough folks interested in joining a class action lawsuit lets get in touch and get something started. I just don't want to be agrivated about vacations by having to deal with Bluegreen.

Have a happy holiday
    Frank

10th of Jan, 2007

How does a salesperson turn in moments time from acting like an ANGEL to behaving like a DEMON? Allow me to share with you our unforgettable experience.

On our recent trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, my husband noticed a booth as we were shopping that had a sign, 'ASK ME ABOUT FREE SHOW TICKETS!' Upon asking he discovered we could get tickets for our family to see one of the popular shows in Gatlinburg if we would just attend a 90 minute presentation by a vacation company named Bluegreen. We were assured it was a simple, low pressure 90 minute presentation and at the conclusion of the 90 minutes, we'd receive our tickets with absolutely no obligation to purchase anything.

I am not a big fan of time share presentations, to say the least, but my husband brought up the fact that getting these free tickets would save us quite a bit, so in his words, 'what's 90 minutes? We were told all we have to do is attend the presentation.' Since the show tickets would have cost us $27.95 each for seven people, we thought the 90 minute attendance requirement was relatively harmless. Also, the people doing these presentations realize that most of the people coming in their doors do not come in intending to make a purchase. They have been promised fantastic gifts, at 'no obligation.' We made arrangements to be at the presentation the next morning.

Upon arrival at the building in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, we entered into a beautifully decorated building where we were greeted very warmly and invited to take advantage of a refreshment station located in the lobby. We were given a form to fill out which included standard items like our names, address, phone, also our occupation, (my husband and I are both pastors) and a few other items.

After presenting our driver's license and credit card (they copied these for some reason), our sales rep, Jennifer, came out to greet us. Flashing a mega watt smile, the attractive young lady introduced herself and offered to take our daughter (who was with us) to the child care center down the hall. Upon going to the center, we discovered a well designed child care center complete with video monitors to the meeting rooms. Jennifer introduced us to the 'camp director' as she called her, who would be overseeing the children. All was well as we headed into the presentation room.

Before the presentation began, Jennifer chatted with us non-stop, smiling most of the time. She spoke of the fact that she had a membership with Bluegreen herself and that she and her husband Paul both worked in sales for the company. Never once did we verbally talk about the fact that my husband and I are pastors, but Jennifer sprinkled various terms into our conversation that led us to believe, perhaps she was also a Christian or had some kind of religious background.

She talked about being 'called' to adopt a child from another country, among other typical phrases that might be used in a religious type conversation. When Jennifer headed to the restroom for a moment, my husband whispered to me, 'I wonder if they put her with us after reading our application, realizing we are pastors and thinking she will click with us and perhaps give an edge for a possible sale?'

A stout middle aged man named Mike was the presenter. He was a southern gentlemen with a quick sense of humor who pulled on heartstrings a bit by talking about his days as a struggling single parent, and the joy of raising his children, vacationing with them, and passing down this wonderful real estate investment to them one day. Jennifer sat next to us during the entire presentation as the other sales reps did with their potential clients.

There were about seven families in the room hearing Mike give this spiel. He was very good at it, I'll admit. His ready wit made for laughter quite a few times in the room. He quickly answered any question that arose from those present about Bluegreen, discussing everything from the fact that this would be an absolutely NO PRESSURE presentation (he said at the conclusion, if we weren't interested, simply say, 'this isn't for us' and that would be perfectly fine, there would be no hassle at all), to assuring everyone that Bluegreen NEVER oversold, always had plenty of open reservations if you called far enough in advance (a few weeks was what he mentioned), to the fact that if you were not happy with your Bluegreen investment, it would be relatively easy to sell it, and in fact there is a company that even sells them for you if you are interested. He reiterated that we were told it was a 90 minute presentation and assured everyone, 'I'm going to take a lot less time than that, so ya'll just relax right now!'

He also stated several times he realized most people there had undoubtedly come in not expecting to purchase anything and had their minds pre-set before coming, but asked everyone to have an open mind anyway. (Hearing him say this just reiterates the fact that those in the time share business realize that people do come for the free gifts because they have been promised them for sitting through a presentation, again, with NO OBLIGATION TO PURCHASE ' they are simply agreeing to view the presentation, not committing to anything.)

Mike's promise that it would be even shorter than 90 minutes should have been our first clue that something didn't add up. We arrived at Bluegreen at 12:30 and it was 2:00 before we were even dismissed from the first part of the presentation (Mike's presentation) to the second room where we would meet with Jennifer where a whole other presentation was given complete with a book tour, wall tour, and tour of one of their actual buildings.

Upon dismissal from Mike's diatribe, we were ushered into the next room where we were again invited to help ourselves to something from the refreshment station. Sitting down with Jennifer moments later, she was still possessing her ear to ear smile, and acting like my husband and I were the nicest people she had met in her life. She gushed about everything from our children to the fact that she used to live in Tampa where we live.

After a moment or two of small talk, Jennifer asked what specific questions we might have after seeing the presentation. My husband very politely said to her, 'We just have to be honest with you up front that we really are not interested in purchasing, but thanks very much.' Jennifer's face showed a slight disappointment at first (going from huge smile to just a sort of flat look) but she took a deep breath and said, 'Okay, well you know what, that's okay'that's alright'. But then went on to say, 'I still have to do my job, and show you the product.'

My husband and I could understand that. And it wasn't her fault that we were not interested in the product at that point ' she was still acting rather angelic. But it was just a fact ' we weren't interested no matter how nice she seemed.

Although it was now 2:15 (they had already broken their agreement with us that we would be there for 90-minutes ' and we had kids back at the condo waiting for us to come home and take them to an activity we had promised to take them to) we went ahead and allowed Jennifer to finalize the presentation. This entailed looking at every page of a picture book of their resorts, doing what she called 'the wall tour' looking at photos of the resorts, and then going outside to tour a model condo.

Although we were quite honestly pressed for time (we had only allotted the 90 minutes for the presentation) we still toured the model home going into every room of both the one and the two bedroom condos, touring the rooms, bathrooms and even commenting on various details of such. Upon coming back in she told us we needed to stop at a kiosk.

When stopping at the kiosk, we had to answer questions about our projected expenses on vacations for the coming years, and she tried to show us how we were really financially missing out by not purchasing a Bluegreen membership. Still we were not interested, but we were very polite. My husband even gently explained why we felt it was not necessary to purchase, several times.

On the way back to the room while walking down the hallway, Mike the presenter stopped Jennifer in the hallway and held out a piece of paper which looked like the contract to present to us with financial figures on it and he started into talking to her about a bunch of stuff that was definitely really directed for our ears to hear.

I do have to admit this was a horrible acting job. 'Listen Jennifer,' he said as he held out the form, 'this is the special deal they are offering'' and then he went into some talk about specific numbers and said a few things about this being an 'incredible opportunity,' and to be honest I didn't hear half of what he said because I knew that this was an acting job meant for my ears and not hers and I didn't want him to think it was working, so while he said all this to her I looked away and acted like I was intrigued with a painting on the wall, hoping my husband was doing the same.

Finally we headed back to the former room and sat at the table with her while she showed us a paper that entailed what our payments would be if we chose to purchase a 20-point membership with Bluegreen. I was pretty shocked. It was more than our car payment each month and the interest rate was over 15% on the contract.

We gently assured her this was just not for us, and that, as it was now almost 3:00 pm, we really needed to be going. She then told us that we could not leave until her supervisor came over and talked with us. It appeared there were three couples ahead of us in line. I felt my heart sink. The kids were back at the condo waiting and by this time our daughter had been in child care for 2 and ' hours.

We made small talk with Jennifer while waiting, although it was a little tense now that she knew we really didn't have an interest in Bluegreen. She raised a hand to let the supervisor know she needed him asap. I'm sure she could tell, although we were polite about it, our time was up.

The supervisor came over and asked if we liked what we saw, 'Yes, it was very nice,' I said, 'your condos are really nice and such but we simply do not feel it's for our family ' we do not desire to purchase.' 'Really??!' he said, with a completely shocked look on his face, 'I'm so surprised! We just don't hear that from people. Everybody we present this to seems to see how great an opportunity it is.' (Somehow I really have to doubt that, as one other couple was trying to leave at the exact same time we were and looked very uncomfortable.)

'Are you SURE we can't work something out with you? What about something for about $100 a month?' 'No,' my husband politely assured, 'we are sure.' He went on for a minute talking about how he was just SHOCKED that we were not going to purchase, like we were completely crazy. But we stayed firm. 'Okay then,' the supervisor said,' and Jennifer asked him for some kind of form and he gave it to her and walked away.

Jennifer seemed quietly disappointed but finally produced a form and said, 'okay, I just need you all to fill this out, to let my bosses know I haven't pressured you or anything'' I said, 'oh, okay'' and thought I was reaching out to sign some kind of release form to that effect. Imagine my shock to realize she had just pushed a paper in front of me that was just a referral form for names, addresses and phone numbers of friends of ours they could contact to present the program.

I said, 'is this a form for referrals of my friends and family?' 'Yes,' Jennifer said. I nicely said that I wasn't really comfortable giving out the information about my friends. But asked if there was some other type form she needed me to sign. 'No,' she snapped and quickly changed into a whole different person than we had encountered for the last 2 and ', almost three hours. The change was DRAMATIC.

I am not exaggerating one bit when I say it was like Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde! The formerly sweet, smiling individual we had met at the door turned into something resembling Cruella Deville. She quickly snapped the portfolio shut and gathering her things, started talking to us in a very angry tone, eyes wide and blazing, cheeks hot and red with anger.

'Let me tell you something,' she said''since I've been doing this job, I've presented this program to two other pastors, and it's ironic to me that they were THE RUDEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET!!!' My husband and I just stared at her, totally shocked at this complete metamorphosis from her former self when we arrived at Bluegreen.

'YES, IT'S IRONIC, ISN'T IT?' she repeated''IT'S IRONIC TO ME THAT PASTORS (she emphasized the word pastors) CAN BE SO INCREDIBLY RUDE!!!' (I was thinking'so I guess in her interpretation, rudeness is when a person doesn't want to buy her product? Rudeness is refusing to plunk down $400 a month for the next 10 years? The last time I checked, that definition was not in my dictionary under the word 'rude.')

Going up to the checkout desk with us, she slapped our paperwork down on the counter and said to the two ladies behind the desk, 'These are the Smith's!!!' They are DONE! And they obviously CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!'

All of that was quite honestly said in not only what was probably THE most rude tone I have ever heard out of a salesperson, but by this point I was convinced Jennifer was unstable mentally. Anybody who acted like she did when we arrived at Bluegreen and completely gushed over us for 2 and ' hours and then turned on a dime like that when we simply said we weren't interested in her product has to be at least a little nutso! Even the two ladies behind the desk seemed to look at her a bit strangely when she said all that, wondering what in the world was going on.

What's ironic to us is that as soon as we politely said we were not interested in purchasing the contract with Bluegreen, Jennifer pulled out what we call 'the pastor card'. Basically her mode of operation was to try to shame us somehow into thinking that because we were pastors, we should have had compassion on her need to sell this product and purchased it no matter whether it was best for our family or not.

Her behavior was very inappropriate and bullying. I understand the fact that undoubtedly she works on commission and was very upset that the past three hours had not netted her a sale. But still, her behavior was clearly not only inappropriate but completely erratic and quite honestly, I must say it again'mentally unstable.

It is not rude to be a pastor and decline an offer to spend $400 or $100 a month on something you do not want. Being a pastor is irrelevant to the entire situation, but it seems to be a straw Jennifer grasped at to release her anger and disappointment when she realized she was not going to make a sale with us.

When I came back to our condo, I looked up Bluegreen online. I was not surprised to see countless number of complaints registered on line and even lawsuits against their company. I was not alone in my experience with them, however one thing I was grateful for is that unlike many of the people who registered complaints, we had not actually purchased anything from Bluegreen, we had just been exposed to three plus hours with one of their salespeople.

To hear the woeful tales from people on line who are stuck with these contracts, are financially hurting, and not receiving the product they were promised in the same way they were promised it, simply broke my heart. Countless people talked of trying to book vacations and being told the rooms were already booked.

So many people talking about calling or writing the company and never hearing back from them, always getting the runaround. Many people reported being bullied by salespeople. Not only was it a high pressure sales pitch, but it borderlined on abusive!

For those who purchase a membership,it is not a simple matter of getting over several hours with a neurotic saleswoman, but a lifetime of getting over what is evidently (according to many complaints registered on line) a very bad investment made.

As a positive postscript to all this, a few days later before our vacation in Gatlinburg was over, my husband and I were eating at a pancake house when we saw two women signing people up for something. We assumed it might be a Bluegreen presentation. We went over and my husband asked one of the workers if they were from Bluegreen.

She said yes. He said, 'do you mind if I share our experience with them?' She said, 'please do.' We shared everything with her that I have just written here, and she said, 'this is incredibly interesting'I have been doing this job for a week now but I just felt something was not right about this company but couldn't put my finger on it.'

The other woman with her was training her and admitted that she knew some of what we were saying was true but she was a single Mom who really needed the money that Bluegreen afforded her with getting recruiting these people to go to the presentations. The woman being trained said that she was a Christian and had prayed for a definitive answer as to whether she was off base in thinking something was not right and just a day later we walked up to her.

She told the trainer she simply could not stay anymore and recruit people, knowing the information she had just been given and feeling in her heart it was true. Right then and there, she thanked my husband and I for telling her all this and then she walked off the job right there and left the trainer standing there speechless!

We later learned from this woman and her husband that evidently they heard that some recruiters were signing people up and giving them tickets to shows in Gatlinburg that were closed for the season...in other words, they sat through that whole presentation for NOTHING, because their tickets were worthless (they could not be used during their vacation time.)

We thought the trainer, who also identified herself as a Christian, would be very angry with what had just happened and apologized if we had caused her any inconvenience by sharing with these women what we did, however we felt they should know what they were signing people up for and what these people should expect when they got to the presentation.

Again the woman told us that she knew there were problems. She said she knew there was dishonesty going on with Bluegreen, but that they did offer their employees some good benefits and good money and as a single Mom she simply couldn't pass it up. She said she was recently very ill and they had given her sick leave that other companies just wouldn't have given her.

She also shared that she used to be in sales at Bluegreen but got out of it and started doing recruiting because of some of the very things we had mentioned. She felt that doing the recruiting was more honest than working in sales where these things were going on. We asked her if reporting Jennifer to Bluegreen would do any good. She said, "if she's making sales, no, it won't do any good. They let things slide as long as the people are making sales."

I wonder how many other people there are who are just like these two women who were recruiting? There have to be a lot more people who know something is just not right about it, and I can only hope these people will research Bluegreen's reputation on the internet, and see that there might be some things they are not aware of. It is not worth selling out their integrity to gain the money they get from recruiting these people.

It is my hope that people will realize that first of all, if these investments seem "too good to be true", they probably are! Second, I've learned even some free show tickets are not worth an afternoon of bullying by a salesperson.

I will continue to let my friends, family and congregates know to BEWARE of Bluegreen and companies like them. Unless people speak up and make the public aware, things like this will continue to happen to good, unsuspecting people.

22nd of Jan, 2007

If you are thanking about buying in to any bluegreen vacation club, dont!. these people are liars you will not be able to get reservations when you want. your club fees / maintenance fees will go up every year. you will compete with all other vacationers even though you are paying the bills. this outfit is truly a rip off. if you are already a member and want help, contact law firm.

• Cy
      10th of Feb, 2007

I have been reading some of the complaints and I agree - Bluegreen is a snake. We have had ours since a weak moment in 2003. I am ashamed to say we fell for the lies and pressure as well. We are can never use our points unless you plan 2 years out for one week vacation ( would be cheaper to pay out of pocket ).

We have used our points once at Shannadoah Crossing in Va. The place was falling apart and I have pictures to prove it. The porch was unsafe and the bathtub had black mold, the kitchen cabinets were falling off the wall, the front door jam was broken so you could not lock the door. And yet they wanted us to sit in on another meeting to upgrade our package - I told them I had no intentions of talking with them and if I could get rid of this Vacation Club I would . We had as of Thursday 20,700 points and now they say it was a mistake and changed it back to 7,700 which renews in Oct for 13,000 but we lose the ones we have not used - MAJOR RIPOFF.I could go on and on but what is the point. If anyone has had any luck in getting out of this please email me. My husband and I will get involved to help stop Bluegreen.

Thanks, Cindy Hicks

• Ka
      23rd of Jun, 2007

My husband and I were also lied to and duped into buying a piece of bluegreen. My husband had taken me away for a relaxing week-end before my lumbar fusion back surgery. Needless to say I was in tremendous pain and not thinking clearly. I believed all their promises. Shortly after my surgery I started looking into Blue green because our agent was suppose to have helped us arrange a vacation and she outright lied to us on several occasions. We have called several times about getting out of our contract and have been passed around and hung up on. We would love to sue and warn others of this scam. They caught me when I was down but I'm up now and ready to fight. Kathyee.

• Ga
      12th of Jul, 2007

Surprise, surprise... here is another complaint. We fell for it during our second presentation at Christmas Mountain in the Dells. The salesperson lied and told us how easy it would be to get in on bonsu time for $49 to $79 a night. We were able to book ONE vacation at Shenandoah Crossing a year in advance, but haven't been able to book Bonus Time in six tries, at least.

After a couple e-mail complaints, I finally got a call back from someone in Owner Research. I then had to leave FIVE messages for her before I got her to call back. She sounded so sweet - as they all do - but insisted that, perhaps, the salesperson was "overly optimistic" and didn't realize that only so many rooms would be available for Bonus Time.

I replied, "No, he lied. And he lied with the presentation that Blue Green taught him."

We got the same spiel... how easy it is to book, blah, blah, blah. He even told us how easy it would be to book right that day for my daughter's birthday party. We fell for it.

Well, I'm a newspaper reporter and a freelance reporter, and I will now be collecting A LOT of this information, and will go forward with a story if Blue Green can't resolve this for me by next week. I will keep everyone posted here. Please e-mail me if you'd like to be part of the story I plan to write.

Thanks

• Wi
      29th of Aug, 2007

I am amazed at how many "adults" actually think that they can get something for nothing. When they approach you on the street, WALK AWAY, and when they call you on the phone, HANG UP!

• Mi
      4th of Oct, 2007

we also went to b/g sales promo in myrtle beach sc
    they don't take no for an answer.they are pushing you into a ridiculous sale started at 42000 for what ? a week .I talked to people at the resort that bought and what they told me is the money spent each year is not equal to what you get ,blue green changes at will what they sale and rent and points charged.We can go wherever we want in the world for cheaper than blue green rip off no con artist God have mercy on your souls.

• Lo
      14th of Oct, 2007

There seems to be a lot of very stupid people out there and a lot of b******t talked eg Cindy Hicks anyone who owns Bluegreen points know that you can only make a reservation 11 months out with an addition 60 days on the wait list if you are a gold member that makes 13 months so where does she get 2 yrs from. Why buy if you have no intention of using them.

People go to these presentations for 2 things only, one is to buy into the system and the other is to get the freebies. Dont expect something for nothing. Dont call BG a Rip Off when all you have gone for is the freebies, it serves you right if you have signed up for something you Know nothing about all they have done is turn the tables on you. YOU WENT TO RIP THEM OFF AND THEN YOU ACCUSE THEM OF DOING THE SAME TO YOU.

You can use saved points at peak times your Mermorial weekend (our spring bank) both peak holiday periods in each country we have spent many vacations in Orlando or on the gulf coast using saved points, we have also used bonus time.

As for the "Pastors" they again had no intention of buying they just wanted the Freebies very Christian I must say. We have had our monies worth out of BG we have just come back from 3 weeks in Aruba and saved around $3500 taking into account the MF and club dues and we have made savings like that for many years which as now paid off our original cost so the next 999yrs yes we can leave it to the kids are almost free.

Get your facts right before making wild statements and as Wendy says "how many adults actually think the can get something for nothing"

• Lu
      20th of Oct, 2007

Who here wants to sell your Bluegreen points to me?

14th of Nov, 2007

I will go to court with anybody who wants to stand up to Bluegreen and have their contract dissolved. I will also sale my points to any one who wants to purchase them. I own 3 weeks at Harbour Lights Resort Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

• Sc
      20th of Nov, 2007

I bought into BlueGreen for the idea I could save a lot of money on vacations. I have yet to be able to nook a vacation. I get penalized for not being a "Gold Member"? I have the 11 month window to be able to book a vacation. Guess what? Every try I have made has been refused. I have the points to be able to reserve a spot for myself. Nothing is ever available though. The issue I have about this whole thing is I was lied to. I bought into it, was told they would buy it back if I was unhappy and, yes, I am very unhappy. Low and behold I can 't get out of the contract I was told they would resell if I was unhappy. I am working with an attorney with a class action lawsuit regarding the lies we are told during the presentations.

I complained to BlueGreen and this is the response I got. VERY official cookie-cutter email I am sure they use all the time.

Thank you for contacting Bluegreen Corporation. Please accept our
    > sincere apologies for any misunderstandings or frustration you have
    > experienced with your ownership. We recommend that you review your
    > Owner Confirmation Interview provided at the time of purchase. Item 3
    > states that you are not making this purchase as a financial investment
    > or with an expectation of receiving a financial return on an investment
    > or with an expectation of profits from resale or rental income. Item 11
    > states that the Owner Beneficiary Agreement and the Bluegreen Vacation
    > Public Offering Statement contain all of the conditions of the purchase.
    > It further states that salespersons are not authorized to make oral
    > representations or promises that differ from what appears in the written
    > documents. Where it asks for any promises or commitments that were
    > important to the purchaser's decision to purchase that were not covered
    > in writing, the word "None" was entered.
    > You do have the option of selling your ownership. Bluegreen does not
    > currently offer a resale program. When considering the sale of your
    > Bluegreen timeshare interest, please keep in mind that certain benefits
    > are personal to each owner, namely membership in the Bluegreen VIP
    > Program, including Basic membership (Bonus Time and Day Use at Club
    > Component Sites) and, if applicable, Enhanced/Traveler Plus and
    > Bluegreen Preferred programs. These benefits are only transferable
    > through an authorized Club reseller. Any Club Vacation Points that are
    > not acquired through an authorized Club reseller are ineligible for use
    > in attaining Bluegreen Preferred status or for use with any associated
    > Bluegreen Preferred benefits.
    > At this time, Pinnacle Vacations, Inc. is the only authorized reseller
    > of the Club timeshare interest(s) that you have enjoyed. Private
    > transactions (seller/buyer) or those through unauthorized resellers will
    > not receive the above-mentioned benefits.
    > Pinnacle Vacations may be reached at 800.485.5632 or via the web:
    > www.pinnaclevacations.com
    > As a courtesy, we have forwarded your information to a Resale Specialist
    > at Pinnacle Vacations. Please expect to receive a packet via email,
    > which will explain the resale process.
    > If you transfer your ownership to a family member, and there is no sale
    > involved, all of your benefits will transfer to that person. However,
    > this will require that you sign an affidavit confirming that you are
    > related by blood or marriage to the person to whom the ownership is
    > being transferred. For more information, please contact our Resort Title
    > Agency at 800.456.CLUB(2582), option 2. Hours of operation are Monday
    > through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
    > Sincerely,
    > Paul Negron
    > Owner Communications
    > Bluegreen Corporation
    > 800.456.CLUB (2582)
    > www.bluegreenonline.com

If you are interested in a class action lawsuit, email me.

Scott

• Jc
      24th of Feb, 2008

My husband and I were very much had the same experiences and the others listed here. We were first introduced to Bluegreen in May 2005 in Pigeon Forge, TN. My mother and father in law took the family on vacation with their points. We experienced a presentation much longer than expected...it was most of the day. Then a rushed decision to buy, price only good for that day. That should have clued us in. We were assured though it would be easy to sell (even back to Bluegreen for a small nominal fee) if we decided we didn't want. As with Scott the resell back to Bluegreen didn't exist. When I called Bluegreen to obtain information about selling back to them, they knew nothing of it. Bluegreen did hook me up with Pinnalce Vacations which was also a dead end. Spent $$ again (finding out later that Pinnacle Vacations is a sister corp to Bluegreen). Never sold. I sought out another time share sales company. Spent $695 to sell, guaranteed listing until it sold. Glad I read the fine print needed to call each year before end of contract to re-list or would not be listed again. I did try to contact them...never did get in contact with them before contract was up. So more $$ spent and no sale!

We have yet to use it ourselves. I was able to book a "cash" vacation for my parents to Hawaii. I was sad to learn when they returned home that their room there did not have any air conditioning. When I booked the room I guess I didn't think to ask about air conditioning, I just assumed that any decent establishment would have air conditioning. especially someplace like HAWAII!!!! We all know what happens when you ASSUME!

I was on the internet tonight to try to obtain points values to book a vacation in June to Florida but...I am a little nervous now reading about the horrible experiences with the quality of the rooms.

What scam! I did see that a few people out there are still interested in Bluegreen..if you are, We will accept any REASONABLE offer. We mostly want to get out from under the fees.

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2008

Attorney General Corbett announces lawsuits against Florida timeshare & vacation companies accused of advertising, real estate, and telemarketing violations

HARRISBURG - Attorney General Tom Corbett today announced lawsuits today against four Florida-based companies accused of illegally marketing vacation packages, using "free" airline ticket offers and other worthless prizes to lure consumers into aggressive and deceptive timeshare presentations.

Corbett said consumer protection lawsuits were filed against Bluegreen Corporation, Bluegreen Resorts, Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. and Great Vacations Destinations, Inc., all of Boca Raton, Florida. Bluegreen contacted consumers by phone and through kiosks at shopping malls, fairs, and festivals throughout Pennsylvania, and also operates full-time sales facilities in Hershey and King of Prussia.

"Virtually any consumer with a checkbook and a pulse allegedly qualified as a 'winner' in these promotions, " Corbett said. "Unsuspecting consumers who believed they were contest winners were actually drawn into a high pressure bait-and-switch campaign designed to push timeshare vacation packages costing thousands of dollars."

Corbett said more than 5, 700 Pennsylvania residents purchased Bluegreen timeshares, with many paying $20, 000 to $40, 000 or more for packages that violated Pennsylvania's Consumer Protection Law, the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act, the Telemarketer Registration Act and other consumer regulations.

Phony Prizes
    Corbett said that Bluegreen representatives allegedly called consumers who believed they were entering contests and other promotions promising cars, cash and vacations.

According to the lawsuit, consumers were told that they had not won the "grand prize, " but had been selected to receive other items, like free airline tickets. Consumers were also promised free gasoline and meals when they collected their prize, if they attended a 90 minute timeshare presentation.

Corbett said the lawsuit alleges that consumers who were contacted by Bluegreen were not actually randomly selected prize winners. Instead, virtually everyone who entered the contests was contacted and falsely told that they were a prize winner.

In one case, Corbett said a consumer informed a Bluegreen representative that the person they were trying to reach did not live at that address. The consumer was told that it wasn't a problem - they would give her a prize too.

High Pressure Sales and False Advertising
    Corbett said that in order to collect their "prizes, " consumers were required to schedule an appointment with a Bluegreen sales representative. In some cases, consumers who believed they would be attending a 90 minute timeshare presentation were actually subjected to relentless marketing pitches that lasted five hours or more.

According to the lawsuit, numerous deceptive statements were made to consumers during these presentations in an effort to get them to sign contracts immediately, including phony claims that prices would increase the next day, misrepresentations about when and where consumers could travel if they made a purchase and false statements about certain fees being waived.

Corbett said that some consumers bought vacation programs because they were told they were entitled to a one-week stay in Hawaii, only to learn afterward that the program they purchased could not be used in Hawaii.

According to the lawsuit, consumers who sat through the timeshare presentations received "prizes" that were nothing like what they had been promised. The "four free airline tickets" were actually booklets that offered two airline tickets with each hotel room reserved, at high prices, in a limited number of cities. In some situations, consumers were required to commit to a 10 night stay at overpriced hotel rates before being able to select a local airport for their flight.

Corbett said "free" gasoline and meals that consumers were promised turned out to be coupons or certificates with lengthy terms and conditions. For instance, consumers who were promised $40 in free gas were required to submit written requests to obtain a series of gas coupons. The coupons required consumers to pay for their gas first and then mail a receipt for reimbursement, with each coupon limited to a $5 purchase, with no more than one purchase per month.

Illegal Contracts
    Corbett's said contracts used by Bluegreen failed to properly inform consumers of their right to cancel their purchase. Pennsylvania law requires that consumers have five days to cancel any timeshare or campground purchase. Bluegreen is also accused of violating a state law that requires all consumer contracts to be written in easy-to-understand terms.

Do Not Call Violations
    According to the lawsuit, Bluegreen made numerous calls to consumers who were on Pennsylvania's Do Not Call list, allegedly basing those calls on referrals from other customers. Additionally, the companies are accused of making repeated calls to consumers who clearly told them not to call again.

"Bluegreen took advantage of hardworking Pennsylvania residents eager to find an affordable getaway, " Corbett said. "Using deceptive contests, relentless sales presentations and misleading contracts, consumers were pressured into paying thousands of dollars for vacation packages that don't meet their needs or their budgets."

Corbett said the lawsuits seek restitution for consumers who suffered financial losses because of these deceptive or illegal practices.

Additionally, Corbett says the lawsuit asks the court to void all illegal consumer contracts and give consumers the right to cancel any agreement that did not include the state-required notice of cancellation.

The lawsuit also seeks up to $1, 000 in civil penalties for each violation of the Consumer Protection Law, or up to $3, 000 for each violation involving a senior citizen.

The lawsuits were filed in Commonwealth Court, in Harrisburg, by Senior Deputy Attorney General David Sumner of the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Corbett says the investigation began after consumers contacted his office to report these practices. He encouraged other consumers who have problems with Bluegreen to file a complaint by calling the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-441-2555 or submit an online consumer complaint.

www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=3999 LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD-NOW!!!

• Ka
      29th of Nov, 2008

I bought my husband a gift for Christmas from Bass Pro Shop in Oklahoma City, OK. It was a gift certificate for $50.00 plus a week-end in
    Branson, MO and one free show. All we had to do was attemd a 90 minute presentation at Big Cedar Resort in Missouri which is outside of Branson. We were told a bunch of lies. Extra points; $59. a night stay with RCI. We've tried to book vacations several times, but there is never availability. We called and told them that we wanted out of our contract and they told us that the only thing that we could do was to sell our timeshare through Pinnacle Vacations and gave us there number. We talked with Pinnacle and after taking down all of our information said that shouldn't have any trouble in selling our timeshare for what we have in it amd they would keep in touch. We received a postcard from Pinnacle two weeks later giving us confirmation that they had talked with us and that they had listed our timeshare on the internet. This was 9th of August. We haven't heard anything from them since and when we call for information they advise that they will have someone call us. We have heard from no one. We want to join in the lawsuit against Bluegreen Resorts Management. Would you please reply and let us know what else we might be able to do?

• Cr
      30th of Oct, 2009

All of this and Bluegreen still has an A- with the SE Florida BBB. I think many who buy this really have the wrong expectations. I bought a sampler and was pleased with it. Of course I didn't get any prime time vacation. I had to go on a less than perfect time to both places I went to (Big Cedar and Mountain Run) but still it was great fun.

You need to be really flexible in vacation times and willing to be creative sometimes (like book Sunday-Thursday). Still with long enough notice you should be able to book most places. The real busy places, like Orlando's Fountains and others, you should just ask for any time and take it.

I feel sorry for those who never had realistic realizations when they bought these. I also despise the high pressure tactics sometimes used by timeshare salespeople.

I guess I have taken advantage of all the disgruntled folks. I just bought 8, 000 points on eBay for less than $1, 000. That includes title transfer and all other sales related fees. Pinnacle now has over 3800 properties for sale. I wouldn't go there when folks are basically giving them away on eBay.

If I have the same bad experiences some have had here at least I'm only out 1 grand instead of 20. Four years ago I figured the average eBay sale was about 24 cents a point. I got mine for under 5 cents per point (my winning bid was $77 that is less than .01 per point, but I did have transfer fees). Pinnacle, which seems like a subsidiary of Bluegreen, is now down in the mid 20 range.

• Un
      16th of Mar, 2011

Obviously we have had the same problems, we were hit with outrageous maintenance fees as well. We also tried to sell, couldn't, was told they would buy it back, they wouldn't. They also told us that we were not allowed to use any other timeshare Realtor other than Pinnacle, nor could we sell it on our own, that they would not recognize the terms of the sell as authentic if we did, and we would still be accountable. I feel totally stupid for being so gullible, it is easy I guess to sell vacations while the person is on vacation, the buyers just want to keep the experience going or ensure another. Ours has never been used, it has been such a waste.

• Pk
      28th of Oct, 2011

Bought this and have only used it once...Can't sell it, can't get out of it...they don't care. I've tried to book several times but they never have availability... Ick! What a HUGE waste of money AND continues to be with $1, 800+ in fees each yr...