Bluegreen Vacations / Resorts / sales staff lied as inducement to purchase
This is the company that calls you every day and says you won a free vacation. Then they ask for your credit card!!! Why? Isn't it free? Well, they explain, the "free" vacation costs $700 (or whatever it is that day). Then of course you ask them what you actually won, and they call you names and hang up.
These are the people you would spend THOUSANDS of dollars on? The fact that they are still in business, proves that there really is a sucker born every minute.
Here is what this company is facing in court:
Counts against the defendants, in addition to violations of the fraud act, include deceptive business practices, misrepresentation, nuisance, trespass to plaintiffs’ “time and property,” invasion of privacy and right of association and negligence.
The class action seeks the following penalties: appointment of plaintiffs and their attorney to represent the class of thousands of allegedly injured consumers, a permanent injunction against the alleged practices; requirement that defendants provide free prizes that were promised to consumers; a cease and desist order against defendants’ managers and employees from further described activities; a notification to all victimized club members of a rescinding of their contracts with full refunds; punitive damages in favor of plaintiff class and as a deterrent to defendants, compensatory damages to plaintiffs based on trial evidence and treble damages against the defendants for alleged violations of New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, plus court costs.
I hope they do time. It would still be more fun than their "free vacation".
More Bluegreen Vacations / Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Bluegreen Resorts - scam and cheating! 
- Bluegreen Timeshare - timeshare buy back! 
- Blue Green Vacation Club - This is a scam where they made the rules and changed the rules after a completed purchase 
- Bluegreen Vacation Club - stay away from this scam! 
- Bluegreen Resort - I won a sweepstakes... yeah right! 
- Bluegreen Vacations - the entire company
- Blue Green Resort - I won’t a sweptake
- Bluegreen Vacations - reps and dishonest promises
- Bluegreen Vacations - misrepresentation
- Bluegreen Vacations - vegas club 36 pool concern