Bluegreen Resorts / refuse to help

Wisconsin Dells, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-456-2582

My husband just got laid off and I contacted the mortage department for some help. We asked if they could refinace at a lower rate (now 10.25%) so we could get a lower more manageable payment. They refused to help and would rather take you into forclosure than to help you keep things good with them. The man was very nice but said Bluegreen policy doesn't allow you to be refinaced with them you would have to go to an outside source which is impossible because no on will finance a timeshare!! So he said that if I would go with out paying for 5 months they would forclose and that would stay on our record for seven years, rather than help. My advice is to never buy a timeshare because it isn't actual property that is of value to you!!

Pearl
Pe

Comments

Ta
  17th of Nov, 2008
Hello, we are in just about the same situation as you. My husbands working hours have been cut back. We have a mortgage for our Bluegreen points through the company. But, with the maintenance fees going up and our income going down...we are in trouble. We are considering closing our bank acount down so that Bluegreen can not deduct any more monthly payments. We just want out!! What has been paid will be lost. We understand that. But, the monthly payment to Bluegreen is a nice chunk of change, that could be used to buy groceries or pay the heating bill. We just don't want to be sued by Bluegreen for not paying them. And then end up having to pay anyway. What do you advise. I'm totally unsure of what to do.
Ta
  8th of Apr, 2010
I was just told the same thing yesterday. My husband and I were talked into this 4 years ago and now we can't get out og it. The maintenance fee are out of this world. The bill always comes in Nov. When I tried to call to have the date changed they said no. So I have been paying them late every year, but this year was the worst. Money has been tight so I paid them half of what I owed and when I went to pay the other half they sent it into collection. Plus added other $110 for that. When I called to see what I could do they said that I should have called and asked about a payment plan. I have called around to many different companys to sell the timeshare but they want at least $600 to list it. Anyone else having any luck.
Sh
  14th of Apr, 2010
There is an attorney currently taking names of Bluegreen owners who are seeking justice for being scammed. Contact cybershu@yahoo.com for details.

Bluegreen Vacations Logo Bluegreen Vacations