Bluegreen Resorts / very bad business handling

OK, here is my story. My wife and I went on their tour and for what its worth thought that it was a good deal to get into. After some thought, 45 minutes of financial consulting with my wife, we agreed to a deal with Bluegreen at Mountain Loft Resorts in Gatlinburg, TN on June 14, 2008. We were secure in our decision until we came across this webpage and read the discussions against this resort. After further research of Bluegreen's negative issues and not finding a single positive, we decided to rescind our contract.

We had 10 days from the day of agreement to cancel obligation, so I sent 2 certified letters (one to corporate and one to the Resort). Two weeks later, I called the corporate office and spoke with Owner Services. The associate tells me that they received the letter of cancellation and that the refund will be credited back to our account within 20 or 30 days. That call was made on July 1. In the contract its clearly states, " The refund shall be made with in twenty(20) days after Bluegreen's receipt and acceptance of the notice of cancellation, or within five days of receipt of funds from the Purchaser's Cleared check." Today is the July 28 and no refund. I called today reciting back to the company of their contract and they were speechless. After 10 secs of silence the associate was aware that the refund was issued within 45 days instead of 20. I corrected her again by reciting. They proceeded to give me an Escalation # and said that I would receive a call within 72 hours. If I did not I needed to call back. I'll wait out the 72 hours just to show how cooperative individuals can be; at this rate, they are looking at a lawsuit.

My advice to anyone that deals with this particular resort is stay away. I would go as far to say not give them the pleasure of taking up their offer of the hotel stay and free tickets; it'll be a waste of your time. They're just bad business.

Va

Comments

• Jb
      19th of Nov, 2008

I HAVE BEEN A BLUEGREEN RESORT MEMBER FOR 1 1/2 YEARS. I MUST SAY THAT THE COMMENTS I READ HAVE MADE ME NERVOUS AND A LITTLE SURPRISED. I HAVE TAKEN 2 VACATIONS ON IT AND HAVE BEEN THOROUGHLY SATISFIED, NOT ONLY WITH THE ACCOMMODATIONS BUT WITH THE STAFF AS WELL. THE FIRST TRIP I TRIED TO BOOK WAS ALREADY BOOKED, BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE I MISUNDERSTOOD THE BOOKING TIMETABLE THE FIRST TIME. THE SECOND TIME I WAS SUCCESSFUL AND BOOKED A WONDERFUL TRIP AT THE FOUNTAINS FOR MY ENTIRE FAMILY. I DID THIS BY BORROWING MY POINTS FROM THE UPCOMING YEAR SO THAT I COULD GET 2 COMPLETE UNITS. WE HAD A FABULOUS TIME. SO GOOD IN FACT THAT I UPGRADED AND GOT MORE POINTS. THEN BOOKED A WEEKEND AT THE SHENANDOAH CROSSING RESORT WHICH WAS PREVIOUSLY BOOKED UP. WE ENJOYED OURSELVES THERE AS WELL. MY DAUGHTER ALSO WENT BACK TO FLORIDA THROUGH RCI I AM NOW LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR SUMMER VACATION.
    YES, YOU DO HAVE TO PLAN THINGS A LITTLE IN ADVANCE, BUT BEFORE BLUEGREEN WE WERE NEVER ABLE TO TAKE VACATIONS. I FIND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE TIMESHARE. AND ANYTIME I HAVE EVER HAD ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ANYONE I HAVE CALLED AT BLUEGREEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY WILLING TO HELP WITH BOOKINGS OR WHATEVER!!

• Ba
      10th of Feb, 2009

Hey!!! why couldn't you have vacations before Bluegreen, all seems a little odd to me.
    I used to have nice holidays at the fountains till we were coaxed into changing to the points system. Now we have maintenance bills of $1, 167.00. How did you manage to get all those vacations, and 2 units as well and another at a different resort, WOW you must be very special because it doesn't happen for anyone else.

Strange VERY strange

• Ki
      2nd of Mar, 2009

We too experienced a similar situation. We were lied to about the services that were available. When it was obvious to us, we called and tried to work everything out. The office in Myrtle Beach agreed that we were told incorrect information on which we made our decision to purchase a trial membership. We were told that we would receive a refund for all monies paid and it has been over 30 days and still no money. We try to call the same people and we sit on the phone for what seems like an eternity. Still my husband sits on the phone as I type. DO NOT buy from this company!!!

• Bl
      9th of Feb, 2015

The company is a scam. I have been stuck with the misfortune of owning for about 7 years. It can be good a times, but when you have to deal with the corporate side or have an issue that needs to be resolved they give you the run around and hope to loose you with long wait times and not returning calls as they say they will. They also lie and scam to get you to come to owner updates which is really just a sales scam. I haven't had anyone yet actually care or want to tell me whats going on with the company without lying and trying to get or scare me into buying more points to keep the privileges I already have. It is not worth the cost of maintenance fees and mortgage fees. When you look at how much you pay in the long run, you could have booked a nice vacation online from expedia or some other poor timeshare sucker who needs to get rid of some points before they expire. I have owned for a long time and have attended many timeshare tours, they are all the same no matter if they use weeks, points, stars, etc. Visiting other timeshares helps you learn what a scam they all are and what a sucker I am for thinking this was a wonderful vacationing solution.