Bluegreen Resorts / I am scared

I read here that Bluegreen Resorts rents rooms to the public. We just did a tour of one of their Myrtle Beach resorts on 6/6/08, and the salesman told us all of the guests that we saw were owners and they do not rent to the public.

We could not afford their vacation packages, but they kept offering us different deals until we gave in. I thought it was great that considering you would always have a place to go on vacation, but now I am scared!!!

Do they or don't they, and how can I find out for sure because we bought into their sales pitch!!

Va

Comments

• Gr
      16th of Aug, 2008

Buzzard,
    They do rent to the general public also, but its not a huge part of their business..

28th of Apr, 2009

From Joanne McNeil a victim of Blue green that is fighting back, you need to be scared there are class action law suits by attorney generals in Pennsylvania, over 5600 pa. residents scamed for $20, 000to $40, 000 a settlement of $700, ooo in Missouri/ifyou want to get out of your contract, if you decide to sell their company Pinnacle will show you no proof of adv., your reason to sell would most likely be -for BG to not fulfill their verbal and written promises/called lack of performance.The comment that they do not sell to the public as a huge part of their bus. is they prefer to rent an apartment for megabucks in Branson, Mo. or Hershey, Pa. or other high seasonal tourist area"s and depend on the low point people to keep them afloat can you imagine $700-maintenance fee x52=$36, 400 a year for a 2 bdrm. condo=taxes that aren't in your name in the cty=$33x 52, you are at the corner of a page not signed as a loan no. and name only+check the paperwork and every deed of trust-warranty-title does not convey this to you, it shuffles it all back and forth in BG companies by another name/ its a scam and is under investigation by the federal trade commission-get busy save yourself money and grief-afterthought-when so disappointed in Myrtle beach BG Carolina Grande-I called Chamber of Commerce -an older BG Condo on the Beach we could either rent an apartment or use !/2 pts fro beachfront res. + shopping walk to steps down to beach and pool;

19th of Mar, 2010

Who cares if they rent or not! Being an owner is awsome. More perks. Especially as a platinum owner! They treat me great. I stay in amazing resorts with my family. Some presidential suites!! I have a deed in their trust... Who cares... I bought this for enjoyment for my family every year. Not stupid details about the trust or rentals... Blue green has given my family great vacations and memories that have no price tag!!!

19th of Mar, 2010

2* hotel. $100 per night rental x 365 days. $36, 500/year for a 300 sq foot crap! 36, 500 x 10 yrs only is $365, 000 for a tiny Nast room. Is that a better deal???? I think not!!! Stop complaining Bluegreen may not be perfect. Nothing is!!! But it's alot better than the alternatives! By a long shot!

• Sh
      12th of Apr, 2010

John Carl is full of CRAP!
    If you are retired, and have all the time in the world to go to a resort at a crappy time of the year, or at the last minute then yes, absolutly you'd be happy. These ### pray on hard working middle class WORKING!!! families by selling "FLEXIBILITY, AVAILABILTY, AFFORDABILITY". They know for a fact it doesn't work that way. YET, they lie their A$$es off just to get that commission check. These ### are bottom feeding puss trolls.

Bluegreen will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract. Anyone who gets on here and cries about "Well you should have read your contract" is one of those parasites trying to distract anyone reading this thread from the truth. Bluegreen is nothing more than a nest of thieves and liars.

One last thing...John Carl, If you are so pleased with Bluegreen...why in the hell are you at https://www.complaintsboard.com posting???? Suspect John Carl...very suspect.