Bluegreen Resort / I won a sweepstakes... yeah right!

I was called by the company, they said I'd won a drawing at a Baby Expo I attended in March ( the call was in May btw). The prize was a 6day 5night vacation to Orlando Florida along with 3day passes to 2 Universal Studio parks. I spoke with a man who wanted to get some info from me before he gave me more details. I expected this since I'd "won" before.
He confirmed my address, number and name. Then he asked about my credit card company, which one I used the most. I let him know, screaming to myself" WTF are you doing?", then he put some other guy on the phone who let me know I'd also won a trip to Vegas. He let me know about the 90 min presentation I needed to attend, BUT FIRST...I needed to give him the experation date of my credit card and credit card number in order to confirm the fact that I want to take this trip.
He was pretty P.O'd when I said "NO!" The guy gave me a ahole bunch of BS abut them being in Forbes top 50 and about them being on of the most trusted companies.

Di

Comments

• Ke
      6th of May, 2016

This just happened to me too. I was pretty excited at first because I do remember filling out the sweepstake. But they demanded 300$ right there on the phone. They wouldn't let me think about it and I told them I feel uncomfortable with it. He was so upset and started blaming me for not appreciating the opportunity. Then he put me on the phone with his manager who took off $50 off the bill to then I replied no, I am not going to give my credit card over the phone. I was so shaken up afterwards.

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Kelly Annalkdjf You people are so [censored]ing dumb!! They explain everything to you!

15th of Oct, 2018

@Nicole Fantauzzi For not giving their credit card info to some to some random people calling them stating they represent a company is is labeled a scam all over the internet lol first page that comes up on Google is about their bate and switch tactics. Yeah real dumb!! You have got to be the most gullible [censored], hey I'll give you a stay anywhere in the world give me your credit card info... You dumb kunt, go gargle satans babies. [censored]ing shill.

• To
      15th of Jun, 2016

I also just had this happen to me. My boyfriend was called and told he won. I did the follow up call, they were fine talking to me and allow me to take "his prize" for us. The gentleman was very kind and nice but then at the ended demanded the credit card information. I asked him to email me the information for me to go over. And said he couldn't until I paid $300. He then handed over the phone to his "manager" who was EXTREMELY rude and super pushy, she talked over me and would not listen. I told her it was not important to me and that I was declining the package, yet she still continue to force the issue. SCAM!

@tombrad Its not a scam you [censored]

@Nicole Fantauzzi Suck a dizzick

• Ra
      25th of Jul, 2016

The exact same thing as you guys explained above happened to me!!! I entered for a car at the mall and they told me I won a 4 day vacation and a 4 day cruise. I spoke to a man named Jonathan #9404 that was super nice. Then he wanted $298 from me to "book" the trips. I said no and that I was not going to give him my CC info over the phone and he could email me the information and give me their phone number and I would call back. Then he said he would put his manager on and put me on hold for literally 5 seconds. Then JAMES COLE #6656 came on the line. How did he fill his manager into the situations so quickly??? He was very rude and pushy. He was talking about 9/11 and that they could not drive in a car full of gas to a mall and that I was crazy if I thought they were not a legit company. I disconnected the call. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ca
      18th of Jul, 2017

@rachelle iiii I had a call with the same 4 day vaca and 4 day cruise. I accepted the offer and it was totally worth it. The timeshare presentation wasn't bad at all. If you have the strength to say no to the timeshare it's a great vacation for a great deal.

3rd of Oct, 2018

@rachelle iiii You people are so dumb! Its obviously not a scam if they have ALL OF THE INFORMATION YOU FILLED OUT DUHHHHHH!! STOP WRITING REVIEWS FOR SOMETHING YOU DIDNT EVEN PURCHASE

@Nicole Fantauzzi Eat my azz

4th of Aug, 2016

Thanks for the warning! I just literally hung up on Patricia #3667 Said I won the exact prize. I enter a lot of sweepstakes thought it wasn't legit. Googled while on the phone and found your comment hung up before I wasted another minute. Thanks!

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Angela A. Its not a scam and not something u won! Its what u been selected to recieve [censored]

@Nicole Fantauzzi She works for them, Google bluegreen scam

• Ab
      12th of Aug, 2016

Same thing happened with me. they guy kept on asking for $138 + $138 which i obviously did not pay so he got a lady on the phone who was super pushy. She gave me 2 extra days of vacation and knocked of 39 dollars of each person. I was almost sure that this was a scam. I was called by kyle settles #1732. the offered me 4 days of land vacation and 4 days of cruise vacation . Please do not pay and hang up immediately !!!

• Le
      20th of Dec, 2016

This literally just happened to me.. I filled out a sweepstakes's at mall a few weeks ago an today I got a call saying I won a 4 day stay for 4 people to Orlando and a cruise for 2 adults and that this would be good for a full year so I didn't have to rush to book. But I know something was fishy when the guy asked. If my husband an I made one 50, 000.00 a year. And because we didn't he said we couldn't qualify for our prizes. I'm sure if I would. Have said yeah he would have asked for a credit card... What a lame way to scam people!!!

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Leslie Hertzfeld Its not a scam your just broke and dont qualify for the promotion

@Nicole Fantauzzi Google bluegreen scam

• St
      14th of Feb, 2017

Why do you all think this is a scam when it is something you entered. No one says that you "won" anything. You are selected for a promotional vacation at a discounted rate. Explain how its a scam

25th of Jun, 2018

I just had this happen. Said I had won a 4 day land vacation (4 ppl) & 4 day cruise (2 ppl) but because my husband and I don’t make a combined 50, 000 a year she suddenly said goodbye. We didn’t “qualify” to receive our prize. I mean wtf?! And yes guy above me it is a scam. If they start by saying “you won” then I won. I did not need to pay money and shouldn’t have to make a certain amount a year to “win” a prize.
    [censored]ing sucks a** when it would have been a great get away. Got me all excited ready to call my hubby at work screaming we got this cool vacation just to have my bubble popped five min into the call because we didn’t qualify

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Savannah Hunt They make it clear its not something you have won!! Clean out your ears you idiot

@Nicole Fantauzzi Google them scam

• Ad
      29th of Jun, 2018

I JUST hung up the phone with them. I "won" until I told them that I couldn't pay the $298 for the 2 trips I had been selected for as I am moving in 2 weeks and don't have that extra cash to spend on vacations. They sure hung up with me extra quick after I mentioned I couldn't pay for it today.

• Wa
      7th of Aug, 2018

First, let me start by saying "congratulations." You did the right thing. It could have only gotten worse.

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing executive, and I am sharing with consumers what I had learned while working in the industry.

I have written a report, 13 Shocking Secrets The Timeshare Industry Does Now Want You To Know, that will explain the tricks that timeshare companies use to lure people into sales presentations, how they get them to buy that day.

Also, I am publishing a book on the timeshare industry with Amazon. This book will also explain how to prepare yourself for a timeshare presentation just in case you are curious.

If you want a copy of this free report, just email me at my personal email. I will place you on the list to be notified once the book is released.

Visit here. http://eepurl.com/dxsZEb