Blue Yellow Book Also Dba Bizadvertizing.com / Collection call for unsolicited services

1 MD, United States Review updated:

This woman called me on March 9, 2009 and asked me if I wanted to renew my advertising with bizadvertizing.com (alias for blueyellowbook.com). She claimed that I was advertising with them for the past two years and was going to send me an invoice to continue on the site. I stated that I did not know what she was talking about and asked her to fax me a copy of my signed contract. She said she would, but did not and said she was going to close the account and send me a bill. When I questioned her for further information, she hung up on me. When I called the phone number from my caller ID, [protected], I got a message that this number is disconnected. This is a SCAM; do not fall for any phone calls from either bizadvertizing.com or blueyellowbook.com.

Comments

• Be
      25th of Mar, 2009

just received a call from bizadvertising. I have been harassed by blue-yellow book for the past year. I have refused to pay for something I did not authorize. How can we stop this? I work hard to manage the shop.

31st of Mar, 2009

We are dealing with a similar issue with bizadvertising.com. We are filing complaint with our state department of commerce and will notify our state professional association of this scam.

• Yo
      1st of Apr, 2009

you dirty dog
    The exact same thing happened to me today. "Sarah White" hung up on me when I asked to speak with another department. Same phone number--disconnected. By the way "Sarah White" had a mans voice.

• Li
      6th of Apr, 2009

I received the same call from a woman bizadvertizing.com, she said this was the end of 12 month term and she called to see if we would like to continue if not, we were billed $719 for the last 12 months. We did not signed up for any service and she said she will send an invoice and the original contract that we "signed". We are a small business and this is an awful scam. Let's banned together, more people must be affected. small business owner, Honolulu, Hawaii

• Mi
      8th of Apr, 2009

Bizadvertising.com -- Just received a call 10 minutes ago with the same 'script' as listed above. They said we authorized an online advertising account with them to be billed at the end of the two years for $700+ ... well we are a little rural not-for-profit business in Clarion PA and NEVER authorized any such thing. When asking for their corporation's telephone number and address they could not supply it saying it had to go through their online site. When I said I was going to validate their company's existance he didn't stay on the line long after that. They transferred us between two guys a few times trying to get us to commit. Here's the KEY: NEVER USE THE WORDS -- YES, OKAY, NO, SURE, ALRIGHT, ETC... They will splice your voice into their script to make it sound like you authorized the transaction. BEWARE!!!

• Ub
      16th of Apr, 2009

My wife received the call yesterday... passed between Richard and John (they can't give thier last names) but John's worker ID# is 4719, whatever that means. I did a reverse lookup of the phone number (I am not going to spend $5 to get more info) the phone is not disconnected but the services provider is Paetec Communications in Buffalo, NY. "Richard" and "John" may be hiding but if we know its fraud then I think the provider should be held liable if they knowingly let this occur, so lets all get on the phone to the provider (if they get 10 calls from around the country on the same day, they may take this seriously) tell them they are supporting fraud and they should discontinue providing services and should report any contact information to the authorities. So far from what I read no one is out any money, I hope that remains the case. I am upset that they tie up my business line for 45 minutes for this BS and we should have a legal retaliation in order ( though I don't feel like sitting in a courtroom). Do as much searching as you can, warn other small bussinesses, seems like they finally made it out towrd hawaii. Call the BBB and make official reports. If you work for the DOD or government agency, give the information to the security branch and tell them you think they are trying to get classified infomation (thats what I did).
    Everyone is trying to get by... but it really gets me when some want to cheat others... hopefully they get caught in a state like Texas and we can just electrocute them. At least then they won't be repeat offenders. Honolulu, Hawaii

• Ub
      17th of Apr, 2009

Ben Schmire, a manager at Blueyellowbook.com. Attempted to say his services are not a scam. His number is 877-658-4699. Their address is 20533 Biscayne, Blvd Suit #635, Aventura, Fl 33180. They did confirm that John (employee ID# 4719) does work for them at that they are the central point of the scam. He talks quickly and tries to talk over you to (just like his salesman). Rather than listening to the situation (which I am sure he is quite aware of) he immediately went on the defensive and attempted to explain that they are honest. Call them at this number, harass them ( make sure you don't use you business phone). Inform the BBB, record any further conversations with them (inform them you are recording). Lets not only put them out of business, but lets put them in jail. Every one of them including the receptionist that may be innocent and just answers the phone. I think that anyone that supports this company should be prosecuted.
    Honolulu, HI

• Dw
      1st of May, 2009

May 1, 2009
    We received a call from from a woman calling herself "Sarah Sims" from Biz Advertising.com. She gave us the same story, that she was calling to renew our subscription for $719.00. I told her that I did not recall signing up for any service with her company and she insisted that we did. She said that she would call back later. We called back the number on our caller ID: 716-566-9598, and received a message that the number had been disconnected. We will be forwarding this to our state's consumer affairs division.
    HONOLULU, HI

• Al
      5th of May, 2009

I just received the same phone call from this woman that said we have "cancelled" our services with them and our bill for 2008-2009 is $795.00 and i have never even heard of this company before. This is a scam and we will also take this to our state department of commerce!!!

• Be
      8th of May, 2009

These guys should be locked up - or else, come down here to Ga and see me face-to-face. Let me tell you, these guys are complete crooks, trying to tell me I owed them money???? That company they were talking about isn't even in business!!!

• Km
      12th of May, 2009

We received two calls from this BizAdvertizing.com. The first call the woman refused to leave a number and/or name with my assistant so that I could call her back. My assistant state she was very rude and recognized her voice when she phoned for me today. "Lois Baker" wanted to know if I wanted to if I wanted to continue with their service or close the account and they would send me an invoice. She claims we have been listed for over a year and had the name of one of my directors who is no longer employed with me. I stated I would not agree to anything without seeing a copy of the contract. She, then, stated it was sent to the person who isn't here. I, again, stated I would not agree to anything until I saw the paperwork. I asked for her supervisor as I felt she was incredibly rude. She replied she is a supervisor. I pointed out that the individual she named was not an authorized signer for our company. She, then, likened to my asking for documentation to refusing to pay someone to cut down a tree??? At that point, I pointed out that she has to answer to someone. I asked for a phone number to call back; nothing. She became even more arguementative, stating I was trying to get out of paying for a service, that she would send my paperwork back to accounting and hung up on me! If this is a legitimate operation, which I highly dobut, they just lost a customer.

• Do
      19th of May, 2009

This organization needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. What a racket. Judging from the comments I've read here, it sounds like this organization does its homework - it finds out who has left a company, then calls that company and tells them that the person who left had authorized the expense. After receiving numerous threatening phone calls from them, I finally stopped taking their calls. They then contacted my parent company and told them that *I* had authorized the expense. Watch out for the slimy tactics of this operation. If anyone can find out who they are, I think they all need to be thrown to the dogs!

• Sm
      22nd of May, 2009

Our small business was contacted today in Iowa with the exact same scenario. My partner talked to a woman on the phone who claimed I had agreed to their services a year ago (in which she claims to have proof to) and that they wanted to know if we would like to continue the service or cancel it and that we owed them $719. 00. which is $30 month and (some BS that they only bill mid-cycle) whatever that means in accounting terms. My partner started questioning & telling the woman that we would never have authorized this and at that moment I walked in and took the phone, she started telling ME what I had authorized, I immediately blew up on her, she threatened to send me to collections, over and over and over, I simply stated I didn't authorize it and HUNG UP ON Her... So then I started looking this company up online & ran across this complaint board. I can rest assured this is a major scam now and I will not lose any sleep over the whole thing, but I Will turn them in to the BBB and our attorney General. I am so glad this site is here! These people deserve the worst for trying to scam anybody in these awful times with so many people losing there jobs! I would personally like to see this RUDE WOMAN face to face!

27th of May, 2009

Today (May 27, 2009) I received a call from "Sarah White" who claimed to be in the billing department of BIZ Advertizing (bizadvertizing.com). She claimed that in May of 2007 I agreed to a 2 year contract to be listed on their website. I closed my business about 3 years ago and had no reason to agree to any kind of advertising whatsoever. Sarah said that if I did not talk to accounting and get a confirmation number that the contract would continue for another 2 years.

The conversation for the confirmation number was to be recorded and I was not to ask any questions or make any comments except to verify the information for mailing an invoice. She switched me to this dept and the individual told me the conversation would be recorded. He started by talking about membership in the website and sounded more like he was talking to a new client and confirming a new order. I told him I would not accept any confirmation number until I was guarenteed this was truly a cancellation. Before I could even complete my statement, Sarah came back on the line and told me that I could not say anything during the conversation with the accounting dept except to agree to the confirmation number.

I asked to speak to someone in authority and was told that info would be on the invoice. I asked for the address of the company and was told New York. When I asked for a more specific address I was told that it would be on the invoice and I would have to wait.

I asked why I have never received any billing from this company during the 2 years I was supposed to have had this service and was told that they only do mid contract billings. Since I supposedly signed up in May of 2007 I asked why I hadn't received any communication until May 2009--2 years later. Sarah could not give me any answer except to say that they do "mid contract" billing. I asked why any company would bill only once a year after the first year of service had passed--again Sarah could not give me an answer.

I asked to speak to someone that could answer my questions and was told that I would have to get my confirmation number and wait for the invoice to come with phone numbers and names to call. I told Sarah that since I did not sign up for this service I will not accept any confirmation number or pay the $719 they are asking for. Sarah said she will send my account to the accounting dept and some one will call me. However, because I did not get a confirmation number she will not cancel my account which means it remains open and charges will continue to accrue.

Since this conversation was going nowhere except in circles I ended it. After the call I attempted to call back using the number on my phone history--716-566-9598. This turned out to be a number that is disconnected and not in service.

I continued to do a little research and found that this "company" does business under many names: BIZ Advertizing, Blue Yellow Book, Nationwide Marketing Bureau Inc, yourcompanylisting.com, NBIE (National Business Information Exchange Inc), Corporate Information Exchange, Inc, Cinex, Maysix & Co, cafeigloo.ca, and I am sure I could find more with a little more effort.

In October 2006 a cease and desist order was issued by the state of North Dakota against several of these companies.

I found locations in several states and Canada(where it appears the headquarters is located).

• Fa
      23rd of Jun, 2009

blue yellow book is not the company's real name. I was doing research on illegal telemarketing. I was doing some "sluthing" on a company called Bank Safe USA. I kept readin post after post, I pulled up some files, even called a detective... To keep the story short one thing led to another and I was reading about a BIG bust by canadian/american law enforcements. The operation is called " operation Tele- Phoney", you can google it there are alot of pages. Anyway one of the companies mentioned is "Banksafe d/b/a Privacy Management, Canadian Corp", it took me a while buy I got all the company info ( by the way the FTC made a mistake= Banksafe to " Privacy Management, Canadian Corp" they are two diffrent companies) the company's real name is:
    6450903 Canada Inc
    It is owned by a man called Francois Egberonge
    It is located in Montreal Canada
    You will also notice that there is no " Banksafe USA" added to the company's " doing business as"

This is in French

2009-06-22 LE REGISTRAIRE DES ENTREPRISES
    H:21:06:28 SYSTÈME CIDREQ

R-PU-U03-1 ÉTAT DES INFORMATIONS SUR UNE PERSONNE MORALE
    INFORMATIONS GÉNÉRALES
    ======================

MATRICULE: 1163283857 NOM: 6450903 CANADA INC.

IMMATRICULATION : 2005-10-13

FORME JURDQ : CIE COMPAGNIE

ADRESSE DOMICILE: 1312, SAINTE-CATHERINE OUEST CODE POSTAL: H3B 1T6
    BUREAU 200
    MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC)

RÉG. CONSTITUTIF: 104 LOI SUR LES SOCIÉTÉS PAR ACTIONS (RÉGIME FÉDÉRAL)
    RÉG. COURANT : 104 LOI SUR LES SOCIÉTÉS PAR ACTIONS (RÉGIME FÉDÉRAL)

ACTIVITÉS ÉCONOMIQUES

P.C. STABLE 2005-10-13 EN VIGUEUR

PRIVACY MANAGEMENT 2008-03-27 EN VIGUEUR

SERVICE DE SÉCURITÉ UNITED 2008-03-27 EN VIGUEUR

UNITED SECURE SERVICES 2008-03-27 EN VIGUEUR

Blue Yellow book was added to this company's name's early in 2008.
    Also this company was investigated in the Tele Phoney " sting" and they are await the verdict.

They already have brocken the law with their other ?"brands" and are doing it again with a new name. Google 6450903 Cnada Inc and you find out more.

• Ag
      20th of Aug, 2010

Just go the same call as everyone describes above. So who can we file a complaint with?

• Do
      17th of Nov, 2010

Shawn just called me. They did not stop calling me for over a year about a bill they claim I owe. I will no longer take their phone calls, and when they do call, I will hang up.