Blue Hippo / Bad computer sales and business

These computer jerks debited my account for 129$ then i had to wait six week to receive a computer that they were charging me 39.99 a week for debiting out my account. After this time was up i called them they said i did not mail some documents that they mailed me, which i never received. Therefore she mailed me some more papers and informed me that it would take 2 additional weeks to receive these papers. Then i got the papers i signed them (forgive me for being so stupid) ita been over six more weeks i have no computer, they still debited my account for 39.99 i called, spoke to a young man he told me that they did mailed the computer but that i would not get any free items until i finished my contract. So since sep. 2006 that is down payment +39.99 debited from my account and i have nothing from them, and its now feb 2007. After being on hold for about 2 hours and talking to this young jerk i ask to speak to his supervisor, he said he would put me on hold to connect me to his supervisor for which i was never connected just that stupid music they have playing. I went to my bank stop the automatic transaction haven't been able to reach them yet, we will see how long it takes for them to reach me when they find out i stop the transaction. I probably will never get my money back, however if by chance the computer comes i will use it. I certainly paid enough money for it. And if they got supervisors, them and their staff can kiss my ### and go to hell!

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Feb, 2007

Blue Hippo is a rip off. charging too much money for computers, They're not helping people with bad credit, only making meters worst. Something need to be done to stop this company from ripping people off.

26th of Feb, 2007

Here is how Blue Hippo works...

They make you pay upfront for a computer that is only worth approximately 1/2 the money you must send them upfront. Only after you send them ALL the upfront money will you get you computer. The rest of the payments are pure profit for them.

For example:

Computer value = $400 and you pay $500 upfront.

You get your computer only AFTER they get the $500 and the rest of the payments are their profits. Then, AFTER you pay ALL the rest of the money, you will get your free stuff, which is not really free, since they are low value and you have already paid them an extortionate price for low value merchandise.

• Pa
      5th of Oct, 2007

i thing bluehippi needs to pay everyone that got a computer from them what they paid and the total cost of the computer they ordered . my father-in-law was getting a computer from them and passed away in feb. so i canceled the order march 6,2007 and they still haven't paid the money back and just want to pay part of what he paid.it will be 7 month's oct 7.

• Me
      9th of Apr, 2008

Consumers who have lost money to Blue Hippo should file a complaint with the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division by calling 1-800-368-8808.

Found this number while I did some research on buying a new computer. Glad I did go this way... Good Luck everyone getting your money back...

• Ca
      9th of Jul, 2008
    Blue Hippo - Blue Hippo_ Fraud
    Blue Hippo

I purchase a computer on April 2008, but after doing the math of how much I would pay for a computer I decided to cancelled my account. On May 2, 2008 i called them for a refund of my down payment. Today is July 09, 2008 and i haven't received anything back and when i call them the customer service people are very rude, unprofessional and keep giving me the same excuse... Sorry, but the refund request is already in, there is nothing we can do, there is no manager or supervisor that you can talk to.
    If somebody has any ideia on how i can get my money back please email me at carolbraga82@comcast.net

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM BLUE HIPPO!!!

• Va
      11th of Jul, 2008
    Blue Hippo - Did not tell us we wouldn’t get it till 13 weeks
    www.bluehippo.com

We are pissed because they told us soon as they got install pymt of 99.00 and papers signed we would get our computer, lucky we went on site found out it would be 13 weeks and our 7 days wasn’t up so we got out of it. Strongly suggest that no one orders from hippo. Unless the fully understand that might not get what was ordered or blue hippo can substitute your order for what they consider the same or like purchase also you only have 7 days to cancel your order or your out of the 99.00 install fee get only in store credit.

• Rr
    BALITMORE
    Maryland
    Phone: 1800-778-4018
    BLUEHIPPO.COM

CROOKS I CANCEL MY ORDER WITHIN THE SEVEN DAYS ALLOWED SUBMITTED THE PROPER PAPER WORK.AND STILL THE WENT INTO MY LITTLE GIRLS ACCT AND TRY TO TAKE HER FUNDS. I WAITE ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE STILL WAITING. WHAT KIND OF HEARTLESS ### R THEY PULL THERE PERMITS OR SOMETHING I CALL THE SALE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE I WAS TOLD I COULDNT WHAT TYPE OF ### IS THAT.NOW WHAT ARE YOU ALL GOING TO DO ABOUT THESE CROOKS OR R U GETTING PAID UNDER THE TABLE FOR ALLOWING THEM TO ROB, STEAL, AND LIE

• Li
      16th of Jul, 2008

I bought a computer from Blue Hippo and then I cancelled my order. I was told that there were no refunds so I said fine. I am still getting the money taken out of my account 8 months later. I don't know what they are thinking but I will be stopping them; whatever I have to do!!!

14th of Aug, 2008

I have been put threw it all with Blue Hippo also I live on a fixed income and sometimes struggle but still needed this computer for my little girl cause I hate seeing here go without some of the things other kids have. I thought blue hippo would be a great idea not knowing what I was getting myself into my little girl is also sad about not being to have her very own computer. I have paid over 1000.00 so far but no computer yet. When I call Blue Hippo all I get are excuses. I even get hung upon and given false information. I am a God fearing honest person and never been late on a payment. What I really would like to know is why Blue Hippo hasntbeen shut down yet by the government for ripping off tax paying law abiding citizens that love the United states and all it stands for as for our government they are only for them selves, !*#* the people. I am a very strong willed person and if Blue Hippo thinks this is the last of this on going way to rip off consumers they are dead wrong I am very persistant and will find a way to end Blue Hippo to there wrong doings I will organize, I will prosecute and God as my witness I will conquer, I will succeed to destroy Blue Hippos name like they are smearing the Dell companies name. If anyone has any kind of information or any ideas Im collecting all I can, you can email me at imabeliever40@yahoo.com

• La
      27th of Aug, 2008
    Blue Hippo - Rebate and color printer
    www.bluehippo.com

I signed papers stating after completing payment without missing a beat. I would receive 300.00 Dollar rebate and color printer. I completed payment 5/12/2008. it is now August of 2008 and I 'm still getting the run around. This is not acceptable. I work hard for my money and to be ripped off so openly. They still advertise these lies. I paid over 1, 000 for a laptop. I need help getting my rebate and color printer. I'd like to sue them for stealing from hard working people.

3rd of Sep, 2008

blue hippo completely rips off customers, expect to never get it and if you try and cancel your account, expect to be robbed of thousands of dollars and an attempted lawsuit from the company. my suggestion for you is to get a lawyer, a GOOD lawyer.

• Va
      23rd of Sep, 2008
    Blue Hippo - Awful company
    bluehippo.com

I was promise a computer from this people and they have been taking money out of my bank account for about a year. I never received my computer and when I called the customer service number they give me the run around what can I do?

I can't believe it, I am now $900.00 dollars out and the worst part it was a graduation present for my son, he wanted a laptop and I promised after high school graduation I would get him one. I can't afford getting one now am a single mom taking care of my two kids and my elderly parents. This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Mi
      2nd of Oct, 2008
    Blue Hippo - Still Waiting
    Taylor
    Phone: 313-443-7354

I purchased my computer from Blue Hippo in 2006 never was late with a payment and it's 2008 and I still have not received my free items promised. I've contacted this company over 50 times and have been unsuccessful with speaking to someone that could really assist with this problem. I've been told on all occassions I've told that this has been escalated to management and someone would be contacting me. I have yet to here from a Blue Hippo rep. I've also been told that my items will be shipped in the next batch in 2006, and I'm still waiting.

• To
      2nd of Oct, 2008

If you're not getting any help or response from these guys, you should post them on this site, this is for anyone who has been screwed, ripped off or felt that they had been done wrong. The name of the site is www.uradeadbeat.com, it gives you a voice to the people who will not listen. Not only does the person who you are complaining about receive an email letting them know that they have been put on the deadbeat list (as long as you provide email address) but, they will also receive a post card (as long as you provide a mailing address) notifying them too.

6th of Oct, 2008

I have been in the same boat. I have payed all my required payments and I still don't have a computer. Eveytime I call I get the same crap as everyone else does. Its being shipped. Boy the Joke on me. I cannot believe that they keep letting them get by with fraud. I have filed a complaint with the attgen of Baltimore, At least they are tring. If this dosen't do any good we all need to join a class action lawsuit. I will be filing with the us Attorney Gen for wire fraud. Anybody else interedsted contact me.

• Do
      8th of Oct, 2008

They are the EXTREAM R A T B A S T A R D S they promise you everything and deliver you a empty promise. I had to call them on a daily basis to i finally recived my computer -------------- 6 months after paying them in full. it now another 6months iam calling them on the goodies iam to recive after the account is paid in full. well that is not a problem they get their payment automaticaly from your bank account ontime. now its time they get their act together and deliver. then the federal goverment shoud shut them down when everyone is takin care of and they should be stopped processing any new accounts from anyone. they are the professional SCAMING RAT ###!

• Ri
      9th of Oct, 2008

On Dec. 12, 2007 I made my last payment and was promised to receive a color printer, 20' flat screen and a $350 rebate. Futhermore, the amount of $35 was taken out of my savings account which was over the amount that was due. And for the last 10 months, I have been calling and being reassured that I would receive that which was promised; however I have not received anything. I tried calling the head office and found out that the number is of non-existent and if I am not mistaken that is FRAUD. So how can we the customer resolve this issue?

• Da
      11th of Nov, 2008

THEY ARE DOING THE SAME TO ME. i CAN'T BELEIVE THEM, I HAVE STOPPED ALL TRANSACTIONS WITH THEM AND CALLED EVERY TV STATION AND RADIO . i HAVE ALSO CALLED AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB.

• Bo
      10th of Dec, 2008
    Blue Hippo - Fraud and cheating
    Arkansas
    bluehippo.com

I needed a lap-top for work but we have bad credit. My wife suggested going through Blue Hippo. I knew it would cost more but I had to have a lap-top for my job. They were quick to take our money then the trouble started. First they said we would have it in 9 weeks, 9 weeks came and went. After waiting on hold for up to 30 minutes my wife talk to Sammy, a company rep. and he said there was a misunderstanding, that it would be shipped out after 9 payments.

9 payments came and went. NO laptop. My wife was on the phone with them at least 3 times a week. Always waiting, on hold, 20 to 45 minutes to talk to a rep. Every rep. gave her somekind of excuse. The latest is that the company they get the laptop from was having shipping problems. Their add said it would be a Dell laptop but Dell could not discuss this issue with me.

15 payments later still no laptop. We turned everything over to our bank so now Blue Hippo can't take anymore money from our account. And the bank is going to investigate for fraud!!!

• Ty
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I purchased computer from a company called Blue Hippo that say they help people like myself with little or no credit however the computer needs to be paid in full and all the required paperwork needs to be completed and sent to Blue Hippo before they ship it so they said. Not only have done all of that but I have called them many times. I have been put on hold for as long as 45 minutes only to be hung up on. Every time I call they tell me to wait another three weeks. They will not transfer me to a department manager or someone who will give me an answer or tell me why they have not shipped my computer I went online into Blue hippo [redacted]s and I was amazed at how many people they have done this to. They also have cases pending court against them. I do not understand how they can continue to be allowed to advertising online or to be open for business after defrauding so many people. This cant be legal.