blubayDVD.com / scam

1 NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-234-4516

I ordered dvd's and a letter was sent stating I would not be charged until the order shipped, however, in checking with my bank the charge went through right away. I tried to email the company and they are all returned. I tried calling but just get a bogus answering service. I have left 18 messages and no response. Once they have your credit/debit information they charge you for a membership as well and the DVD's never arrive.

Cr

Comments

• Bu
      10th of Mar, 2009

I ordered 50 DVDs from blubaydvd.com 11 days ago, and they charged my visa card the day I ordered. Their order form says you will receive the dvds in 7-10 business days. After 5 days I called them and the dvds hadn't even been shipped. I found out on this site that you would be charged almost $40 a month by blubay just to order the dvds and to have access to online dvds. I finally got to talk to a real person and told him to cancel my membership because it was within the 10 day "free look" period. I also emailed them to cancel it. Today I get an email from them that says I can only have 3 dvds at $1 each plus $3 shipping. My advice is NOT to do business with these people.

• Ra
      27th of Mar, 2009

scammers dont not buy from these dont give any credit card details, dont be fooled when you look at there prices, this is all ###, they are out to rip you off

• Th
      19th of May, 2009

This above is true. It happend to me. I cancelled within the 10 days. They will not refund my money. This company is a total scam. I have also read on other complaint sites that even though they say your membership is canceled and they won't charge you again they will. I just canceled my credit card so these ### can't rip me off again.

• Je
      26th of May, 2009

I ordered a total of six DVD's from bluebaydvd.com for $8.73. My credit card was charged $49.95. I have disputed the charges with my credit card company and the account was adjusted. However, on the day the account was adjusted an additional $49.95 was charged to my account. The phone calls I have placed to the customer service number of blubay go to a voicemail and the calls are not returned. This is obviously a scam. My next step will be to contact the attorney general of Nebraska. The address of blubay in Nebraska is : BluBay enterprises 12165 W. Center Rd. #58 )maha, Ne. 68144

• Lo
      28th of May, 2009

I have just started this process. In order to stop everything, I have had to cancel my card and get a new one. I have not been able to find a customer service number yet, but I will. This is a huge scam.

7th of Jun, 2009
    blubaydvd.com - unauthorised charges
    Private
    10 Turner Close
    Aylesbury
    England, Buckinghamshire
    United Kingdom

I ordered some DVD products about 3 m0nths ago and gave a credit card number to pay what I considered to be a relatively small amoumt. I did not authorise continuing payments of a considerable sum which have been collected for the last two months. I do not know the username and password to cancell this fraudulent collection. I cannot stop collections without my apparent account details which are not available without login details. What should I do next. I am not receiving any product or service now.

17th of Jun, 2009

i also bought 20 dvds and three wks later got only 3 of the worst quality dvds i have ever seen they were extremely LOW BUDGET!!! iv been ripped off blind by them!! i hope everybody reads this before they get RIPPED off as well!!!iv turned them in for PHISHING AND SCAM!!! please i beg of you DO NOT FALL FOR THERE ### SCAM LIKE I DID!!!good luck if you go against this WARNING!then you deserve to be ripped off!!!

• Cl
      17th of Jun, 2009

I have had exactly the same problem. I ordered 3 dvds about 3 weeks ago now and have not received them. Ive also been charged over £50. I have tried ringing, sending emails but no response. This really is disgusting. I think i am just going to have to forget about getting the money back and cancel my credit card so that no more money is taken out. What an absolute scam!!! How do i go about taking this matter further?

• Pu
      12th of Aug, 2009

hi avoid blubay dvd, my partner orderd 3 dvds at 10p each my i was charged £2.89p the dvds were very poor, that was at the start of december 2008 then on 23rd december 2008 they had taken £57.00 from my account as it was nearly christmas time i was very angry, then a couple of days into the new year i checked my bank account again and the had taken some more money out, so i telephoned them to conplain thaey said that because my partner had cancelled his subscription after 10 days they were obliged to take monthly payments, i told them to cancell my card details at once they agreed to pay me back 1 of the payments they took which they did, so i checked my bank each month and they didnt take anymore money until now some 8 months later on 10th august 2009 they took £47.97 from my account so they still have my card details after i had asked them to cancel them in january 2009, i have got to wait until 3pm to 9pm uk time to telephone the uk number failing that i will be off to my bank tomorrow to change my card details to stop them theiving money from my account asap

• Li
      17th of Aug, 2009

they ripped me off as well...i just wish people would read about all the scandalous ### there pulling before they give these scam artists there credit cards...At least i got lucky because i cancelled my credit card instantly..After i received there shady low budget dvd's thats when i started investigating and reading about the hundreds of people they have been scamming..It sucks that they got me for 57.00!!! but i hope i can warn everybody from getting scammed like i and hundreds of innocent people!!! buyers beware...

• Li
      17th of Aug, 2009

CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARDS PEOPLE THATS THE ONLY WAY TO GET AWAY FROM THESE CON ARTISTS !!! THEY WILL KEEP RIPPING YOU OFF IF YOU DONT...THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL CANCEL YOUR INFO BUT THEY DONT...IF YOU GOT MONEY TO JUST THROW AWAY, ORDER FROM BLUBAY.

• Pa
      14th of Sep, 2009
    blubaydvd.com - fraudulent payments
    bluebaydvd.com
    United Kingdom

blubaydvd.com took two identical payments from my bank account for an order which has never arrived. After numerous phone calls (leaving messages on their answerphone each time) and 5 or 6 e-mails, I have had absolutely no response at all. They have fraudulently taken over 103 G.B.P from my account. I have changed my bank account details and have contacted my bank's fraud department. How can we stop these people from advertising and getting away with this scam.

28th of Sep, 2009

They scammed me too. And after I canceled the "membership", 4 months later, they billed me $50. I sent them an email and nothing. So I'm disputing it with my CC as fraud.