blubayDVD / money taken without my consent

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

ordered films, payment taken no probs, got CC bill seen that they have taken a further payment of £56.00, e mailed, no reply, left ansa machine messages, no reply. have reported them to CC company.

Comments

• Vi
      22nd of Mar, 2009
    blubaydvd - unauthorised trransaction

i ordered some dvd from blubaydvd online they took the money from my account for order. when my bank statement arrived they had taken a further unathorised £58. i tried phonining them to find out what this transaction was for and they keep hanging up on me and also sent them emails which they do not reply to.

• Se
      26th of May, 2009

Paid £3.02 for my order and £1.00for overseas transaction.One month later Blubay took £54.36 out of my account.Going to contact my bank.Fraud sqad needs to get this company..

• Ra
      1st of Jul, 2009
    blubaydvd - membership that i never signed up for
    blubaydvd
    Chicago
    Illinois

i ordered dvds from them that i never got n now there a 49.95 membership that i never wanted or signed up forr

• Bl
      4th of Jul, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I ordered a $0.99 DVD, a few days later my account was charged $49.95 (USD). When I noticed this charge, I emailed them to find out WHY I had been charged. I was told that when you make a purchase, you get automatically signed up for a 10-day free trail membership, if you do not cancel within the 10 days, you get billed. It did not say ANYTHING about this membership when I made my purchase, nor did it say anything on the email receipt for my order. Anyway... I told them, cancel this membership immediately, and I was assured that the membership had been cancelled. A week later, I got billed AGAIN for another $49.95 (USD)!!! Basically $100 in unauthorized charges were made on my credit card by this website. I have been harassing them with emails for weeks, finally they said that they would give me a refund... This so-called "refund" finally showed up on my card yesterday, and it was only for $14.95 (a small fraction of what was stolen from me by them)!!! I would STRONGLY suggest NEVER shopping on blubaydvd.com... It's nothing but a SCAM! To add insult to injury, the DVD they sent me was not new, it was not even packaged (just loose in an envelope) and it was all scratched up... And it wasn't even the DVD that I had ordered!

• Mz
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I also placed an order which they took an additional 49.95 for membership fees I didn't agree to. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of someone on their end, but haven't been able to yet.

• De
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    blubaydvd - CHARGE OF $49.95 TO DEBIT CARD
    Greenwood
    Delaware

I WAS CHARGED $49.95 ON MY DEBIT CARD, WITHOUT ANY ORDER OF ANY KIND. I WANT THIS CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT.

13th of Aug, 2009

Same sorry tale happened to me earlier this year. I was charged every month for three month's at nearly £50 per month. When I finally got through to them they told me exactly the same as above, but they did reimburse me £100 and they said they would give me 1 month's subscription to their club. I cut my losses and agreed to this but I did not use their offer of the club. I thought that this was the end of the matter, until now. I got my credit card statement in for this month and they have taken a further 3 payments in 1 month totalling £150. I tried to contact them and all i get is a pre-recorded message telling me to phone at certain times of the day and even when I phone at these times the message changes the times.Vry frustrating and very angry that these people can access your card anytime and take your money to me this is FRAUD.

• If
      7th of Sep, 2009

again the same storie for my self, again I am still trying to have this stopeed, to make thing even worse I have noticed they they have tacken a total of £250 in 1 month by repeatedly charging 6 times in one month!!!

I can only say if anyone reads this is to stay away. this is the first time I have ever written on a cmplaints page as normaly I would just deal with it, move on or am happy but this BLUBAYDVD is just mind blowing.