Blu Cigarettes / Bad service

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

The blu company is absolutely ridiculous. They took almost a month to ship the product. Then, it sits in North Carolina for a week before it was even sent over here to nevada. After the frustrating week or so of having to see that my package has never even left North Carolina, it finally makes it here to Las Vegas. Now comes the beautiful part (you ready for this ###ic display of musical boxes malarkey?) for FOUR days my package gets pushed through the sorting facility time and time again without any attempt to deliver my package to our complex, and the funniest part is that they put it in the WRONG zip code. THEN they send the package back to the company in North Carolina. Now comes the shady, dirty and low ball move. We call Blu and tell them that THEY as well as the USPS screwed up and no we're not going to recieve our package. We're absolutely frustrated at this point but we can deal with it as long as Blu is willing to just ship us another one via a more PROPERLY functioning delivery service as well as put our order in front of others so we can get it in a matter of days. They say NO! They say they won't send the package back immediately, in FACT, they tell us that we have to RE-ORDER the product and go through the MONTH and a HALF of waiting all over again because they screwed up along with the USPS. They refused to give us any kind of break regardless of their mistake, sent us back to the BACK OF THE LINE of an endless sheet of orders and tell us we have to re-order AFTER they start accepting orders again. This company may have a good product but their service and the way they handle themselves are absolutely ridiculous, half-assed and completely unproffessional.

More Blu Cigarettes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Er
      22nd of Aug, 2009

This is a complaint from a typical customer who knows nothing about how online retailers work. I have worked for Amazon.com and this is not an uncommon situation, especially with the USPS.

First, on the blucigs website it clearly states that there may be a 4-6 week wait because of the current supply and demand for their product.

Secondly, the USPS does not operate with tracking numbers; they use delivery confirmation numbers. You're lucky if it shows any progress at all until it is delivered to the local post office and not the address listed.

Third, once the package leaves the seller and is in the shipper's hands they are not responsible for weather delays, bad traffic, sorting mixups or anything else that might happen when the package is in transit; their job is to process the order and put it in a box and leave it on the dock to be collected.

Finally we have human error. I've ordered from websites and could have sworn I put the correct address, credit card information, etc. but the fact of the matter is whatever is entered by the consumer is exactly what gets put on the shipping label. I've had to deal with this kind of thing hundreds of times where a customer calls to complain about how badly we screwed up and it's the hardest thing in the world to look at everything right in front of me and not tell them it was actually their fault for the mistake.

As far as being asked to place a new order and wait for the other package to be returned that is standard policy pretty much everywhere. Nobody does refunds without having a product returned unless it gets lost on the way back and then they deal with the shipper to square that away with them. That's exactly what I would have said if this customer had called Amazon. Please place a new order and we will refund the original once it is returned.

• Ka
      12th of Sep, 2009

I received mine in ten days.
    ky

14th of Sep, 2009

Well for me four to six weeks turned into three months. When we called they said they didn't ship it yet. We ordered in June and found out they didn't ship it in September. We were patient because of the 4-6 week delay, but it is September and they didn't ship it out yet. It was not in transit, it was not stuck due to weather or some other extenuating circumstance, it was still sitting in their warehouse. We cancelled our order and decided to choose a new company.

15th of Sep, 2009

Electronic Cigarette company Blucig.com has had some growing pains and I can understand that. They still offer the best e cig around.
    if you want the same cartridges for less, check out http://ekocigs.com They offer the same with fast shipping and for less!

17th of Sep, 2009

Some people don't seem to understand how supply and demand works. Blu has a superior offering out there, so of course demand will be high. Sure there are cheaper kits, but how many of them give you five flavors to "smoke'? I'll gladly pay a little more and wait a little longer for something unique. ekocigs.com doesn't offer the same thing. You only get one flavor and one strength. Blu gives far more information about what you are getting and offers you much more for your money.

Most of the problems I see here are with shipping companies. Not all of that is Blu's fault. Let's see a review of the product and not in how long it took to get the product to you.

6th of Oct, 2009

when they say 4 to six weeks do they meant 4 to six weeks i mean is it possible to get it earlier

• Bl
      13th of Nov, 2009

I have now been waiting 8 weeks, was told when I made the order it would be 1 to 2 weeks. They say 4 to 6 weeks but that does not seem to hold true, I would not have issue if they stated the more realistic delay of 8 to 10 weeks. I can not speak to the shipping of accessories. Customer service can give absolutely no information as they do not seem to be informed by the company (yes, customer service is outsourced). These growing pains have been consistent for almost 9 months now. It seems that they get orders back on track for a week or two and then go back to the 4 to 6 week schedule. I understand the supply and demand system but let's give a little bit of customer service. A product does not make a company! A company will fail with the best product in the world if they can not supply the product and do not provide a level of customer service. There are better e-cigs out there, you will pay more though. I think these are a good "starter set" if the company can get to a point that they can meet the demand and provide a satisfactory level of customer service. You should never tell a customer something you can not deliver, tell the customer it will be there in 8 to 10 weeks and deliver in 4 to 6 and you have a happy customer. Tell them 4 to 6 and deliver in 8 to 10 and you have an unhappy customer.

• M0
      18th of Nov, 2009

I am on my 6th week of waiting and the dead line is thursday. My order status on there side still says pending. I messaged the company or there customer service affiliates, and they told me that it would be another few weeks because they only had a small shipment come in. Dude.. Seriously.. I totaly understand about supply and demand.. But if your going to say 4-6 weeks my package better be here no later than the 6 week mark. Thats just bad management of the product. If supply's were running that low they need to change there shipping dates. Had i had known it would take this long and still not have the product i payed for.. I would have went some where else.
    I'm still excited to get it when i do.. but i am starting to get pissed. 4 more weeks?! this is crazy!

• De
      24th of Nov, 2009

I received my blu's close to the 8 week mark...but, I love them, and they are totally worth the wait. I have been smoking for almost 15 years, and the blu cig is everything that I have never knew I always wanted. I was very skeptical about the flavors. I thought that I would be ordering regular flavored cartridges asap, but I truly enjoy all of the flavors. I also received two atomizers and two batteries!! My husband is able to smoke with me! I have some problem getting consistent hits...it is kind of hit and miss for me. But, I was never a deep inhaler, so that may be my issue. My husband doesn't seem to have any problem. As far as I am concerned, any minor issues like shipping delays and vapor inconsistencies are minimal when compared to my health. As a mother, I am finally able to enjoy a cigarette without feeling guilty. I don't have to freeze my butt off to smoke either! I can smoke in the break room at work etc etc. Hands down...worth it! I have not tried any other brand of e-cig, but my research prior to purchase all led me to believe that blu takes first place. I hope that all smokers make this decision to e-smoke! God bless!

• Mu
      25th of Nov, 2009

I got mine after 5 weeks of waiting. The site said it would take 4-6 weeks. It is not a dissapointment like some companies like No. 7. They are great quality and sometimes it's better to wait for something good. My husband likes it so much we ordered another one so we both can have them. I have to say this is one of the smartest decisions that I have made, and if you could read the website, how did you not know you were going to have to wait? This sounds like a USER ERROR rather than the companies fault.

1st of Dec, 2009

Wow, I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. The website said it would take 4 to 6 weeks before it is even shipped if you order the starter pack... I got my starter pack yesterday. I also had questions about the starter pack, and got an email back from customer service same day.

like someone said, it's supply and demand.

People have to read the actual statement. it says that it COULD take 4 to 6 weeks BEFORE IT IS SHIPPED depending on what you purchase and what they have in stock. then remember shipping can take another 2 weeks or so... especially if you add holidays in there.

I have no complaints personally.

1st of Dec, 2009

also... you can't blame E-cigs for it sitting in North Carolina? Once they give it to the post office, it's out of their hands. As for the zip code, it is electronically entered when you place your order. Isn't it possible you mistyped the zip code? Despite this, USPS should have seen the city and state and shoudl have been able to figure it out during the sorting process. A friend sent me a package with the wrong zip code written on it, yet I still got it.

can't blame everything on the company once it leaves their office.

• St
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Wow... I feel lucky. I rcvd my starter kit within a week. I love them.

• Ju
      7th of Dec, 2009

I received my order within 8 days. No compliants here.

• Ca
      10th of Jan, 2010

I tried this product and was not that happy with it. I was able to purchase them at a convention so the majority of the complaints here are not applicable to my situation. Seems like a lot of the other Blu followers do like the product and to be honest with anyone else. You really wont know until you try it yourself. Relying on some stranger through the web to make all your decisions isn't particularly smart. I didn't like or prefer the product, the tastes, the charging system, and the cost was not as cheap as they had proclaimed. But in mentioning this I also have to say many others believe and like their products and found it worth waiting a month or more for.
    Cheers.

• Ei
      13th of Jan, 2010

My issue was in the functioning of the blu cigarette itself. I found that the charger rarely worked and when it did, it would allow me a couple puffs and that would be that. I have wasted so many cartridges trying to get this item to work! I was sent different atomizers, and finally, on their own, sent a new battery case.
    The light never knows if it is blue, or red or both!
    To pull on this thing is ridiculous! You have to suck a lung out to get a puff of smoke after the first 2!
    It is a great idea but I think I got it when it was too new, and contained too many flaws. I was truly hoping it would work...not only did I want the alternative lifestyle, but also re-seller opportunities, as Sales is what I do best!
    If I can find an electronic cigarette that truly works...then and only then will I sell this product. I have to believe in what I sell, unlike the many masses that sell just to gain a buck!
    Happy customers are repeat customers, and the networking from there is endless. The Blu product that I received was not up to snuff...literally!
    If there are any companies out there that feel they have a product that can provide a product that will work continually, without the hub bub of calling customer service every couple days, then waiting for something that may or may not work...please contact me.
    I would be more than willing to give it a go and endorse your product.
    Eiredame13@yahoo.com

• Br
      20th of Jan, 2010

I had no problems with shipping, infact it took 5 days to get to Minnesota and one of those days was a holiday! On the other hand I agree wiht the having issues with getting a puff off of it... Works a couple of puffs, then you can't get anything. Couple hours later the same thing. According to the charger it is charged, so I really don't get why it isn't working right.
    Also, I thought there should have been better directions with the starter pack.

• Ro
      23rd of Jan, 2010

I received my product within the 3 week time period i was originally quoted. Also i have no problems getting a drag out of my Blu, maybe yours is defective they do have a return policy and 1 year warranty. Thank you Blu for helping me quit traditional cigs. I was at a pack a day for 10 years since receiving my Blu i havent had a single smoke.

• Ro
      3rd of Feb, 2010

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and had it within 4 days, i heard they were backed up at first, due to the demand, they seem to be shipping very fast now, i even got a coupon from that blog, http://bluecigs.wordpress.com/, hope this helps...

• Yp
      4th of Feb, 2010

Ya well when I ordered my 2 starter kits they said they were out of the black starter kits, so I ordered the white. and now called them to see why my order is STILL pending and now say they are out of white, and the rude customer service guy said..."it could be shipped anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks from today, we have no idea". So if your wanting to order a blucig, remember they play games and have no idea when you will get your order. very discouraging...

still waiting!