Blooms Today / Scam and rip off!

1 Haymarket, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-7541200

They say your first order will be 50% off if you answer just one question. But then send email 'congratulating' you for buying a monthly ' coupon charge'. My 45.00 order was charged full price plus a 10.00 additional charge for this 'monthly service' NO HALF OFF> JUST BIG SCAM!!

Va

Comments

• Na
      28th of Feb, 2008

Same thing happened here. They will not refund my money and have charged me even more than what they should have. Contacted the BBB. Do not buy from them!

• Je
      10th of Apr, 2008

I bought flowers from them to be sent to a funeral home. I had never ordered flowers for a funeral before and had some questions. I called and got a very nice person who answered all my questions. I was also interested in the 50% off offer they were having, but wasn't quite understanding what I was reading about the offer. So I asked the woman about it. She told me it was a 7 day free trial offer. She told me that if I didn't want it after the 7 day trial I could cancel and not be charged the $9.95 monthly fee. Well I canceled exactly 7 days later. I called to double check because the email I received said that I will no longer be charged the $9.95. Well guess what, thats not true. You get charged the $9.95 no matter what. If you cancel before the 7 days they charge you full price for your flowers. Well I argued with the woman. All she kept telling me was "you ordered it online, the terms and conditions were right there." so I wish I had ordered them when I was on the phone with the first woman. Mabey I could have gotten my $9.95 back. The only reason I didn't was because they are part of UPromise and that you have to go through the website. There sales reps should be more aware of the special offer or relay the details better. I will keep an eye on my credit card and will not be doing business with them again.

• Mi
      2nd of Sep, 2008
    www.bloomstoday.com

Month after month, our credit card is being debited $9.95. I have emailed, called customer service, and complained to my credit card company about these charges. I need this matter resolved quickly.

Sincerely,
    Michael Stanton.

4th of Dec, 2008

The 50% discount was the first lie of many from this company. I ordered flowers for a funeral in Lufkin, TX. The flowers were NOT delivered. I talked to 2 customer service reps, 1st one said the funeral home refused delivery. When I asked why would the funeral home do that, she said they couldn't take anymore flowers or it was after hours. So I called the funeral home and was told that was a complete lie. Called 2nd customer service rep and was told there is only one florist in that town and they were closed until Monday (from Wed-Monday?), I asked, so you are telling me this funeral had no flowers??? I called the funeral director again, he said, another lie, there are 8-10 florist in that town!!
    DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

4th of Dec, 2008

I ordered flowers for my niece's funeral last summer. The flowers arrived at the end of the service and no one even saw them, $180 down the drain!!! Customer service people have attitudes, "they were delivered, weren't they"? I was told I would be refunded, then they changed their mind apparently or they just outright lied!! After reading all the complaints, I'd say they LIED! Live and learn! Do yourself a favor, look up a local florist in the area that you need flowers to be delivered and order them directly. I solved this problem and have not had a problem since!
    WARNING- DO NOT ORDER FROM BLOOMSTODAY ONLINE!!!

• Cl
      5th of Feb, 2009

Well People as a florist, I advise to you, when you want to order flowers, just call a Real Flower Shop, no people like Blooms Today, FTD, Teleflora, etc. If you buy for any of these companies, this people became a middleman and always transfer the order to anylocal flower shop. You pay to somebody that find a shop in the zip code you wanted the flowers to be delivered.This kind of company screws you and of course they screw all the flower shop. Let starts cutting off this companies.
    Next time you need a flower shop, find a name online and call them to be sure they are florist not just networking company. Good Luck on your next flower order

• Hi
      5th of May, 2009
    Virginia
    bloomstoday.com

The flowers I ordered from Blooms Today arrived on time and in good condition. However, in order to take advantage of their 50% discount, I had to purchase their "Rewards" program for $9.95 per month. When I checked out the thousands of discounts offered, I found only a few I could use. One was for tickets at the local minor league baseball stadium. But the discount expired two months before the season opened! Scam!

• Fl
      10th of May, 2009

I should have visited this web site before purchasing from Blooms Today!!! I ordered flowers from Blooms Today because they looked very attractive in the picture they provided on their website. I needed the flowers the very next day for my mother's birthday. When I got to my mothers house about 5 or 6 days later I was totally embarrassed by the poor quality of the flowers. They looked like some small bouquet given to a bride's attendant at a wedding. I have been ordering flowers for years and have never seen such poor quality - there could not have been more than 6 or 7 small flowers in the vase - no more than 7 or 8 inches high. What an extreme disappointment!!!

• Al
      11th of May, 2009

NEVER, EVER, EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered a Mother's Day bouquet to be delivered the Saturday before Mother's Day. My credit card was charged promptly-too bad my mother didn't receive her bouquet promptly. I am writing this on the Monday AFTER Mother's Day, and she STILL HASN'T GOT THE FLOWERS! FLOWERS FOR WHICH I PAID $68!!! I called THREE times on that Saturday-the woman that answered the phone at the local florist (I'm STILL TRYING TO CALL THAT PLACE-NO ANSWER FOR SOME REASON) assured me that my mom's flowers were out for delivery. I am in the process of contacting them all day today and I left them a message to call me ASAP concerning my order. If I wanted my mother to get her gift AFTER Mother's Day, I could have just mailed her a card with a gift card in it that she would have gotten in the mail the Monday after Mother's Day!!! So, so upset. As far as my mother knows, she thinks I didn't get her anything for Mother's Day... : (

All the somewhat RUDE CSR for bloomstoday.com said was "All I can do is refund the money." And of course, it will take 5-7 business days to return the charge to my card. And my mother is still without the flowers.

Here I am, thinking about the "small guy" and trying to support a less-known website instead of the bigger websites like 1800flowers.com-silly me. I'll definitely go through the local florist next time. I wish I would have done a complaint search first. So, so, upset-still!

Thanks a lot, bloomstoday.com, for ruining my mom's Mother's Day gift- you have definitely lost a future customer, and anyone I come across that may consider ordering through you!!!

• Ji
      30th of Jul, 2009

DO NOT GET YOUR FLOWERS FROM HERE!!! THEY WILL NOT BE FRESH (BUT OLD AND UGLY!!!) AND THE COMPANY IS RUDE AND HORRIBLE AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT THEIR SERVICE!!!

I warn you flower shoppers out there... buy somewhere else!!!

GET RIDE OF YOUR "REWARD PROGRAM" and stop automatically charging people for things without sending them a confirmation first!!!

• To
      30th of Jul, 2009

Prices appear to be low, but after the S&H and an automatic $10 "rewards" charge is added on it works out to at most a 10% saving over competitors. They quickly recoup that because in the very small print you've signed up for a $10 monthly charge on your credit card. Although I cancelled as soon as I got my first bill (June 1) they still billed me for the entire month of June. The end cost of the flowers was well over the competitors. Quite the scam! Do not give them your money or your business.

10th of Aug, 2009
    Blooms Today - Bad service
    Blooms Today

Very upset with the lack of professionalism with this company! wanted a pleasant surprise for a co-worker's 50th birthday and it ended in disappointment. i had to make several phone calls up til the end of the day in which they assured me the order was on it's way - only to have a phone call to my friend (which totally ruined the surprise) stating they didn't think they would get it there on time therefore the flowers were re-routed to her home. NOT what i wanted. very unprofessional. when i called to express my disappointment, it was downplayed. would never recommend this business.

• De
      28th of Aug, 2009

HUGE scam!!! Today I received a check for $6.47 from Blooms Today. It looked like a normal check and I thought oh, maybe they overcharged me on the one and only time I ordered from them (never, ever again) and are sending me a refund. I looked and looked at that check and FINALLY I saw it. In really small print it says by cashing this check you are automatically signed up for a one year long program that ends up costing you 164.00!!! What a hell of a nerve. I will never use this company again. I had a coupon from the Entertainment Book (I need to contact them to tell them about Blooms Today) and it was supposed to be for 50% off a flower order. Only after everything was ordered and all info given on my part, including my VISA number, did they bother to tell me that the only way I got the 50% discount was if I joined the Blooms Rewards Program. WHATEVER!!! HUGE, HUGE rip-off. :(

• Su
      6th of Nov, 2009

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY
    I never will again. Like many others I was unawares that I had 'agreed' to joining some monthly club, which of course i didnt, i tried to cancel it but that was not before they had taken two payments from me, plus the cost of the flowers. The girl was rude and unapolagetic making it sound like it was my fault, well you ordered it she said.
    I had ordered flowers for a friends birthday who is disabled and house bound, they never arrived because the florist couldnt find the address and dumped them somewhere, when i called to complain they told me i could get a discount if i re-orderd, guess how much, a whooping two dollars! I told them where they could stuff their flowers and their discount, at not time was an apology ever issued. Plus i had to explain to my friend which kind of took away from her birthday

• Fl
      23rd of Dec, 2009

I bought flowers from blooms today and was put into a "discount club" and they charged me 10.00 a month over a long period of time. When I discovered the charges I could not get a refund. I never used or was made aware of the benfits, if any. They also somehow charged me too much when I bought flowers so they gave me a "refund check" when I cashed the check that enrolled me in roadside assistance at 159.99 per month also posted to my credit card. The roadside assistance company never sent me any contact information or list of things that i was covered for.? I contacted them by the number listed by the charge on my credt card. They agreed to remove the charge but it will be on next months statement. Time to call in the big guns, is this legal.I doubt if using a credit card once on a purchase gives the vendor the right to monthly pass charges on when there is no real product or value.

• Ry
      27th of Feb, 2010

Yes, i agree with alot of the postings here. First off, the flowers were wilted and only received 9 roses out of the 12 advertised. There was aslo an automatic charge of $10 several days later for their monthly Blooms reward program. I had to cancel the Blooms reward program or else they would charge $10 a month. What a scam!! Never will order from them again

• Ke
      12th of Apr, 2010
    bloomstoday.com

I wish I would of read these reviews before I ordered from these people for a family funeral, after charging my credit card for a high end floral arrangement, flowers were supposed to be delivered that evening from flowers by rizzi, schiller park ill. Much to my dismay, flowers NEVER arrived, after phone calls from myself and the funeral
    director, NOTHING ! No apology, nothing! Buyer beware of this company.

• Ll
      28th of Apr, 2010

I ordered flowers from bloomstoday.com and spent the extra money for guaranteed before 1:00 delivery next day. Today I get a call at 12:00 and a message to call back because a truck broke down and would not be able to deliver my flowers. I called back at 12:20 and was informed my order was cancelled. I was informed that they could deliver later today if that was okay with me. I told them that was fine. My flowers were still not delivered because of this reason. They wanted to charge my card again but the refund from the cancellation would not be posted back on my card for 5 to 7 business days.Because of this issue, I did not have enough on my card. So, not only do I have to wait to get my money back, , I still did not get to have my flowers ordered again, nor delivered to a special person for her birthday. Its one thing to be deployed 1200 miles from her with the ARMY and not able to be there, , but couldnt even send her flowers. I trusted this company and got burned. I will never use this company again and I will spread my issues all over the internet and word of mouth as well

• Tr
      13th of May, 2010
    Blooms Today - Very disappointing and an overall frustrating experience
    bloomstoday.com

What appears to be a simple, relatively cheap way to send flowers is really a scam to get customers on the "Blooms Rewards" system. After ordering what I thought was a one time service, I noticed monthly fees on $9.95 being withdrawn from my checking account courtesy of "Blooms Rewards". When I called customer service to see if they could refund my money because their records showed I had clearly NOT used the service, I was given no help and told to call back. Very disappointing and an overall frustrating expirience.

• Be
      17th of May, 2010
    Blooms Today - Nightmare Company ~ Scammers/Fraudulent Charges ~ Ruined Mothers' Day!!
    Blooms Today, Blooms Rewards
    bloomstoday.com

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with this fraudulent "company"! I ordered a bouquet of tulips to be delivered to my mother on Saturday, the day before Mothers' Day. I received a confirmation email and order number, as well as the name of the local florist that would be delivering the flowers. I paid extra for the delivery and it was guaranteed same-day delivery. Well, Mothers' Day came and I called her to see if she had received the flowers and she told me that she had nothing had been delivered. At that point I called the local florist and tried to give them the "confirmation/order number" that Blooms Today had given me, but the florist informed me that they had no idea what that order number was and they could not tell me ANYTHING because Blooms Today places the orders by credit card info only! So basically Blooms Today takes our credit card info, the same info they claim to keep secure, and sends it out to florists all over the U.S.A. Fantastic. I don't want to bore everyone with all of the ugly details that came next so I will try to keep this part short and to the point... By Tuesday there were still NO FLOWERS, I call the Blooms Today people and they casually proceed to tell me that they canceled my order because they could not find a florist to deliver!!! Just like that, canceled. They sure as hell took my money and they also signed me up for their "rewards" program which automatically charges your card $9.95 per month... but decided not to send my flowers. They then proceeded to lie to me and tell me that they had called and talked to me before they canceled it... ###! I never talked to anyone and nobody else uses my phone! But still she insisted that since it was in the "notes" it must be true. No apology no nothing, she just said that they were refunding my money, but I would have to call a separate number to stop the charges on my "blooms rewards". Unbelievable. These are the times where I wish I had a billboard so I could warn more people to STAY AWAY FROM BLOOMS TODAY!!!