Bloomex / Dead flowers

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I purchased three dozen roses to be delivered on Valentines Day. When they arrivede, several of the roses were broken and most of them were black. It was obvious that they had frozen. So far I have made numerous attempts to contact Bloomex, with no response. I will be contacting my credit card company to try to get a refund...

Br

Comments

• Gr
      21st of Jan, 2010
    Bloomex - I won't ever use this service again
    bloomex.ca

I wanted a delivery on a Tuesday and put in my order at 11:30 am. (They stipulate in their policy that they guarantee delivery the same day if the order is put in before 1:00 pm). I didn't get word that it was not delivered until I phoned the recipient on Wednesday. I then tried to cancel my order. The manager delivered it, even though I said to cancel and refused to give me a refund unless I spent my own money to send it back. I won't ever use this service again.

• Gl
      2nd of Feb, 2010
    Bloomex - Never again
    bloomex.ca

I called in my order as the person I was sending the gift to lives an hour out of Vancouver and I wanted an assurance that they would receive this birthday gift on time. I was told there would be no problem to deliver on the day I requested.

1) Sadly, the item was not delivered on the requested day.
    2) Customer service said they called me to advise of the delay. There was no call; I have caller ID and I was available all day. I later did get an email however, apparently it was too late to change the order.
    3) Item was delivered the next day when the recipient was away on vacation.
    4) I ordered a Fruit & Cheese Basket and asked that they include some crackers.
    5) Apparently, they ran out of cheese..!
    6) Crackers (which I paid extra for) were not included.
    7) Cookies were included (as per their policy they can substitute anything they want).
    8) The recipient finally got the fruit & cheese basket with no cheese or crackers, not on the day requested, and said to me, "I do hope you didn't pay a lot for this gift, it was very disappointing".
    9) Total cost $85.00
    10) Satisfaction level? - extremely low
    11) Will I use BLOOMEX.CA again? - No

• Si
      10th of Feb, 2010
    Bloomex / Tedddybear Bouquet - Bouquet was delivered to the wrong address
    bloomex.ca

I ordered a tedddybear bouquet for my grandchild online. The bouquet was described with roses and gerulas. The bouquet was delivered to the wrong address and was just carnations. Repeated attempts by myself and the BBB were ignored. All I asked was to have the flowers exchanged for the described ones.

• Vi
      23rd of Apr, 2010
    Bloomex - I will never place an order with this company again
    bloomex.ca

I placed a same day delivery on sat oct 17, 2009. I wanted the flowers delivered on sunday but was informed by phone that deliveries are not made on sundays. depite ordering at 4pm (cut off 1pm for same day), I was assured that the delivery could be made that evening between 6-9pm. I received e-mail confirmation the same day. the next morning (sunday) received an e-mail notifying me of status change for delivery to be made monday due to the late order. the unfortunate nature of this is that the funeral was sunday, not monday. it took me several attempts to reach a voice to cancel the order. once done (on sunday) I was informed I would receive confirmation of the cancellation monday morning. so far I have not received anything (11am monday) and once again have made several attempts to reach a voice at the company. I left a voice-mail but have not received a return phone-call. the bottom line is that it was too late to order from another company... so no flowers were present at the funeral to represent our sympathy.

This is absolutely pathetic and I still don't know if the charge was cancelled! I will never place an order with this company again.

• Ka
      19th of May, 2010
    Bloomex - undelievered flowers
    Canada

*buyers beware* I ordered flowers for my mom on mother's day. however, it never arrived. therefore, I emailed them to stop delivering them as there is no point in delivering the flowers after mother's day. the company delivered the withering flowers the day after I sent them the email and insisting on charging me. you can never get through to their customer service line and their sales would tell you they cannot patch you through to anyone in cs. I kept on pushing them for a refund then they told me "mother's day orders cannot be refunded". I mean seriuosly first you didn't deliver them on time, secondly, you delievered them even when I told you not to. I do not believe that I should have to pay for it. this company has caused me so much grief. do not be like me. do not order anything from them as they are a big rip off.

• Sc
      25th of May, 2010
    Bloomex - If you want your flowers delivered to a random person, at a random time, this is the company to go with
    bloomex.ca

Ordered flowers to be delivered in the morning (9-noon). the flowers were attempted to be delivered at night (10pm!) when no one was at home... thus left at house next door!!! the person who was supposed to receive the flowers did not get them until it was too late... but apperently, since they were technically delivered to somebody, bloomex did their job. so if you want your flowers delivered to a random person, at a random time, this is the company to go with. however, do not trust them to do a proper job or to take responsibility for their mistakes. apparently, my mother should have stayed at home waiting until midnight to get her flowers!

• La
      27th of May, 2010

Warning: stay away from bloomex!!!

Wow, I am just blown away by how bad this company's policies horrible customer service. here's my experience.

I ordered the "classic fruit basket" from bloomex on may 23rd to have it delivered on may 25th. I had it delivered to myself, so that I could give it to the person myself. my girlfriend was home that day, so I told her to wait for the delivery which shouldn't be any later than 5 pm (according to their website). I call her at 6pm to find out that the basket hadn't been delivered. I call bloomex and was assured that someone would call me back that day. nothing. I call back a few times the next day, left messages, nothing. then I get home to see the bloomex box on my doorstep. when I opened it, I found it to be completely the wrong basket!
    The "classic fuit basket" is supposed to contain: 1 pineapple, 2 bunches of grapes, 4 bananas, 4 apples, 4 pears, 3 oranges, 2 nectarines, small cut flower bouquet.
    Instead, this is what I got: 4 tiny old oranges, 4 pears, 4 apples, and 3 chocolate bars. no flowers!!
    So I called blooomex and of course and complaints just go straight to voicemail. again I left messages, and nothing. the next day I had to call their sales line to actually speak to someone, they said they couldn't help me, as they were on the "sales" line. when I pushed to have a manager call me back, I was disconnected.
    Finally, a few hours later a bloomex complaints manager called me back to say "we reserved the right to replace any items in your basket, with other items of equal value, if we don't have any of the items in stock". so I ask her: "are you kidding me?! this is a completely different basket that I ordered, and what about the bouquet of flowers??". she just repeats the bloomex policy to me, and tells me "you really should read the fine-print before calling in with a complaint". they refuse to exchange or refund me for this basket and now i'm stuck giving my friend her birthday gift-basket 3 days belated. thanks bloomex!

All I can do now is file as many complaints as I can and post as much as I can about this company. if my posts can even stop 2 potential customers from ordering, then I will be happy.

• Pi
      17th of Jun, 2010
    Bloomex - I will never use this company again and will make sure anyone i know wanting to order flowers knows how terribly it treats its customers
    bloomex.ca

I live overseas and sending flowers to my mom for her birthday is pretty important to me and her. my flowers were not only delivered 2 days late but when they arrived they were the wrong order, cheap carnations. I can understand making a mistake. my real problem was how hard it was to get in touch with someone to put the situation right. my mom called for me as I live in an opposite time zone and they had the nerve to tell her it was her fault when I obviously have the order slip in front of me and made no mistakes on address or date. then finally after 3 days of calling and emailing I tried to pretend to order flowers and then got someone immediately. they could only barely help because it was the wrong department. how shameful! a company this large should not only try to make new money but make sure their customers are satisfied and come back again. I will never use this company again and will make sure anyone I know wanting to order flowers knows how terribly it treats its customers.

• Gi
      19th of Jun, 2010
    Bloomex - I highly recommend that you avoid this company
    bloomex.ca

Like many others, I have had a horrible experience with this company. I ordered mother's day flowers, but they didn't arrive until the next night, after they had been sitting around for 1.5 days drying up. even worse, there is no customer service. I called many times (from overseas), sent multiple emails, and I never got anything by automated responses. the only way to get through to them is to call the orders line and complain to them.

I wish I had researched this company before placing an order - they have many complaints registered with the bbb.

I highly recommend that you avoid this company.

• Go
      19th of Jun, 2010
    Bloomex - Do not order anything from them, as they are a big rip off
    bloomex.ca

*buyers beware* I ordered mother's day flowers for delivery one day earlier for mother's day. however, it never arrived on mother's day. I then immediately emailed them to stop delivery as there is no point in delivering the flowers after mother's day. then, this company delivered the withering flowers the day after I sent them the email (which is 3 days later than scheduled) and insisting on charging me. you can never get through to their customer service line and their sales would tell you they cannot patch you through to anyone in cs. I kept on pushing them for a refund then they told me "mother's day orders cannot be refunded". I mean seriuosly, first you didn't deliver them on time. then, you delievered them even when I told you not to. I do not believe that I should have to pay for it. this company has caused me so much grief. do not be like me. do not order anything from them as they are a big rip off.

• Ca
      22nd of Mar, 2011

well after reading these comments, my situation is the same. receiving dead flowers, not getting a refund and then having the customer service person lie to me about what she told me to do regarding refusing the second order in order to get a refund. then telling me this case is closed and i can call till i am blue in the face and hung up on me. now isn't that wonderful customer service. i have a claim pending with the better business bureau and will not stop there. i can't believe a company can get away with this.

• Gs
      8th of May, 2011
    Bloomex - VERY poor customer service
    Bloomex

I've had poor experiences with an online flower retailer before so I figured I would try a new one to me - bloomex. unfortunately that experience didn't go so well. I like the idea of ordering online since I don't have to worry about business hours/timezones, I can see a list of items and prices, etc. it's quite convenient to put in an order. that doesn't matter if your order doesn't arrive on time if at all, especially something as time sensitive as flowers. I put in an order on thursday (8:54am gmt-7) for a friday delivery (gmt-4 at destination) as was offered on the website. they even gave me the option of same-day but I thought that was a bit unrealistic. friday evening came - no flowers. I called customer service - no one to take my call. you can't even stay on hold. I emailed since the website says it's their primary method of communication - no response. I finally got a hold of someone after several tries and lots of waiting with the online live chat feature of the site. they said the driver may not be there until 8pm for a residential delivery (the website says noon-5pm). so, I waited longer - nothing. I get an email finally on the next day... they say they missed the cutoff for the courier but no revised delivery date was offered. I replied to cancel the order and get a refund. I then got a reply saying that they were unable to fill the order due to location and I would get a refund. so what is it? they screwed up with the courier pickup or they screwed up with not telling me they couldn't deliver to me? the system they use to try to keep all this together seems to be pretty bad and contacting customer service is very difficult. my advice is that if you don't live in a major city where you *might* have a chance of success, forget online flower retailers, especially bloomex. google for a local flower shop and order direct.

• Mu
      11th of May, 2011
    Bloomex - Lousy Customer Service
    Ontario
    Canada
    bloomex.ca

Ordered mothers day flowers to be delivered to my house - 5 days before mother's day. receipt said the flowers would arrive between 9am and 5pm. tried getting in touch with bloomex through thei "customer service" phoneline (closed), "live chat" on web-site - sales was unavailable - but leave a message, and by e-mailing them at "[email protected] ca". I would argue that they absolutely do not care. I was so upset - my mum had to leave at 6:30pm - and guess what?- no flowers!! as a last resort I tried calling the driver on his cell phone - no answer - and no voicemail - so I texted him saying don't bother delivering the order as my mum had left. driver showed up anyway at 8:30pm, and when we told him we were not accepting delivery - he tried to leave the flowers outside after we had got back in the house! i'm now on my 3rd day of trying to reach a person in that company - and have been unsuccessful - even after leaving every phone number I have on e-mails/voicemessages and online chat. I got an e-mail saying they would reimburse the flowers - but not the delivery charge - so another round of communication is on it's way!! I have never before resorted to a "complaintsboard`- but I really do not want anyone else to be put in this position - do not order from bloomex - pass the meesage on to all your family and friends! I have also filed a complaint with the better business bureau - i`m not letting this one `go`.

• Br
      12th of May, 2011
    Bloomex.ca - Do Not Buy from Them
    Bloomex.ca

Please do not buy from bloomex. ca. I made the mistake in not reading their really poor reviews ahead of time. I was amazed to find many people unhappy with the service and product. do not waste your money. use more caution in how you puchase online. you could end up wasting your money. I bought a fruit basket. it was to be delivered the day I purchased. it did not get delivered until 3 days later. I found it on the doorstep when I went to visit my sick brother. the fruit was frozen and rotten. the customer service rep was irate and defensive. my brother is now left with frozen and rotten fruit to eat for 90.00. any american should not purchase from them.

18th of May, 2011
    Bloomex - Worst Customer Service EVER
    Bloomex

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister on her 50th birthday and I made sure someone was home the entire day so the delivery could be made. nothing was ever delivered so I called the 1-888-912-5666 number and it goes straight to a voice mail, no one ever answers the inquiry line only of course the order line. I kept calling, left a call back number, e-mailed 5 times and finally at 9pm est I got an email that someone will look into it. it is 11am the next day and nothing still. what is going on??? this has been the worst online order experience I have ever had. warning to all never order from this company... the worst. when I was calling them last night I actually had 2 people on the help desk hang up on me becuase it was close to the time they were closing and couldn't be bothered helping me!!!

• Bl
      16th of Jun, 2011
    Bloomex - Bad experience
    Bloomex

Very poor customer service. they never answer the phone when you click for "orders already placed". trick is to click "new orders" and (of course) they'll take your call right away.

Lost my order and claimed to put an investigation on it but never offered to send a fresh new bundle.

They only respond to emails if you send the same one 28 times back to back. don't bother sending 27 emails - it has to be 28 emails to get a response.

When you click "operator is online. click here for live help" there really is no operator as they never respond back.

I will never order from this site again and my advice would be to order from a trusted site that people can attest to with many positive comments.

Hope this helps in your future decision making process.

• My
      29th of Jun, 2011
    Bloomex.ca - Sucks
    Bloomex.ca

I was not impresses at all with bloomex. I place my online order on dec 19th it was going to be a christmas present. I just received my order today. It is the 4th of Jan. The order looked nothing like the picture. And it was missing stuff. Every time I tried to phone them to talk to someone I wold get a machine. When someone did finally phone me back they told me they where sending an email to a customer representative and that they would call me back. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I will never do business with them again.

• Ar
      13th of Aug, 2011
    Bloomex - Big lie
    Bloomex

Please don't believe in this company, they say that if you order before 1 pm is same day delivery, well just in case I order 1 day before for the other day before 2 pm, the flowers arrive at 5 pm, my wife no longer was working at that time, she finish at 2 pm, and was clear in the order, and when ask for my refund, because was obviously their mistake, they offer me half of the money, they ruined my surprise anniversary gift and they kept half of the money on top.

• Fa
      12th of Sep, 2011
    Bloomex - Incredibly bad!
    Bloomex

Please do not use this company. They sent frozen flowers to my 95 year old grandmother and it has take two months for them to tell me they can't see the picture that was sent to them. They've refused to refund me and only offered to resend the flowers. How do you resend flowers for a birthday that happened two months ago! They are incredibly bad, unbelievably rude and totally irresponsible. I will never use them again and would suggest that you take your business elsewhere if you want to stay sane and not filled with rage!

• Er
      22nd of Feb, 2012

I've ordered flowers from Bloomex for Valentines day and paid extra money to get them deliver during the evening. I told my girlfriend to stay home that night so that she may received them. They never showed up that evening. The next day somebody came to my condominium building with the flowers and did not bother buzzing in even though I had specified the buzzer number on the order. My girlfriend was home that day and would have been able to received them. They left a sticker on the front door of the building saying that they tried to deliver and were going to try again the next day. (I don't have the same definition of trying than them!!!) So I tried to call them but realize it was impossible. I manage to get one of their chat people to get some kind of manager to send me an e-mail of prerecorded sentences that they use to shut people up. They offered me to try to deliver the product again or to give me a store credit "FREE OF CHARGE" because they are just so nice. I mean this is great... they wont give me my money back but they could send me a fresh order of dead flower (as long as my girlfriend take a week of work and stand outside of the building because their delivers can't figure out how to use an entrance system). Anyway I've already dispute the charge with my credit card company so hopefully that works. I don't really care about the money, I just don't want them to have it. I would be very happy with them sending me a picture of them burning the money so I know for a fact that they don't have it. Oh yeah I forgot... today the delivery company called me and told me they tried to deliver the flowers twice and asked me if I wanted them to try again. I said first of all, you never really tried and seriously, they are flowers, that was seven days ago! I laughed at him and hang up! Never again