Bloomex / false advertising

Vancouver, BC, Canada Review updated:

I almost died, but Bloomex decided to send me a Happy Birthday balloon instead of the Get Well Soon balloon that was ordered. If that wasn't insulting enough, Bloomex replaced the flowers ordered with an arrangement listed on their website for less than HALF the price!

They refused to provide a partial refund to the sender for the flowers, nor refund the balloon as "a balloon went out"!! They have very poor customer service, if their phone was answered at all, the rep would briefly listen, and then put the sender on hold for several minutes, then hang up on them! I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Google Bloomex, and the word "scam" comes up. I would audit all the positive reviews to see if they come from the same IP address as Bloomex. I couldn't be more disappointed.

Rd
May 13, 2015

Comments

• Tr
      29th of Mar, 2008
    Bloomex - Don't give out your 3 digit security PIN #
    Canada

Do not give Bllomex your 3 digiti security code no matter what. Insist that you will not give it out no matter what. They can process the order without it.

12th of Apr, 2008
    Bloomex - Non delivery of fruit basket!
    Nepean
    www.bloomex.ca

I arranged a delivery of fruit basket to my girlfriend the first day in her new apartment. They tried to deliver the day before she took possession and then on arranging a time for re-delivery they attempted delivery 3 days before when we were away. They refuse to refund me.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!

• Ka
      5th of Aug, 2008
    Bloomex - Bloomex changed flowers from Tulips to Iris without consent
    9 Capella Crt.
    Ottawa
    Phone: 1-888-912-5666
    bloomex.ca

This company is awful. They are only good with you until you pay. They delivered wrong flowers (changed Tulips to Iris) and did the delivery one day late. Customer service, in case you need to fix/correct problems, is a big joke. This company seems to be run by con artists. Beware and do proper research before paying! You should report them to consumer safety and protection if they mess up your order and run away with your money as well.

• Me
      10th of Aug, 2008

Tulips are so rarely in season. They certainly wouldn't be in the middle of August. I can understand why someone would have substituted a nice and far more valuable flower for one that they obviously didn't have that time of year.

Didn't you read the substitution policy on their website that you agreed to when you ordered the flowers? It's one thing to receive dead awful flowers, then get dissed by customer service, then come on here and complain, but it's another to be pissed off because the florist did something nice and sent out better flowers than the ones you ordered.

13th of Aug, 2008

I ordered flowers and chocolate, They arrived late, The box was left outside, The delivery person didn't even buzz, Wrong flowers... Chocolate was melty, Flowers looked like someone just grabbed them, Threw a tie around it and dropped them in. Anyone could have grabbed the package easily, I can not believe they didn't even buzz or knock or something.

I emailed them, Did not receive any replies back, I got an email about the change because the flowers were out of stock but it was on the day of delivery and just a few moments before the dead line.

They didn't add the card, It was missing...

Yes the person was home at the time too waiting for them... I am very unpleased and will never do business with them again ever...

12th of Sep, 2008

Disreputable operation. Non-delivery of flowers. No demonstration of responsibility, fair business practice or good will towards their customers. Do not respond to requests for refunds. Will not engage you personally on the phone. Use at your own risk. Use local flower shops.

• La
      15th of Sep, 2008
    Bloomex - Flowers are not fresh

I recieved flowers on Friday and followed all the of instructions regarding cutting stems and placing in fresh cool water and by Sunday the lilies were all shriveled and even the golden rod looks dry. The lilies did not look fresh on arrival. I am very disappointed as they are a thank you gift from a visiting friend.

• Yv
      27th of Nov, 2008
    Bloomex - rip off again!!!
    bloomex
    1338 Clapp Lane
    Ottawa-Manotick
    Phone: Manotick Ontario
    bloomex.ca

To the gentleman that sent me the email W. Thank You very much for your input.

They don't like to read postings about the service and the quality issues. Post your complaint on every complaint site that you can. You can also Contact Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star. The BBB keeps a file on them also.
    Most of all share your experiences with your friends and family, word of mouth goes a long way.
    Good Luck,

24th of Dec, 2008
    Bloomex - Flower Delivery not received on delivery date
    Ott
    Canada

Special Christmas delivery was not received on the date requested for delivery. Unable to speak with someone at Bloomex. They are unable to receive any incoming phone calls. VERY poor customer service. Requested a refund for the delivery fees and was denied. This is the LAST time that I will use Bloomex! User beware. Don't trust this company with any special orders.

• De
      24th of Dec, 2008
    Bloomex - Late delivery and different color of flowers were delivered
    Canada

I ordered long stem red roses for my wife on our anniversary BUT bloomex delivered "PINK roses!!!" AND one more thing is they delivered it after two days of our anniversary.

• Il
      2nd of Feb, 2009
    Bloomex - Refund Request Ignored
    Toronto
    Canada

After awaiting a response to my refund request I was told it was too late for a refund. I had sent photos of the pitiful gift basket to a representative of the company and followed up twice for the status of my refund request. With no response, I once again engaged their on-line chat customer service where I was told they would not investigate and I could not escalate. Pitiful basket ... even worse customer service.

• Ba
      28th of Apr, 2009
    Bloomex - Bloomex
    Texas City
    Texas
    Phone: 12021234567

Thank you very much for your excellent service. My wife said the flower arrangement was one of the nicest she has received.I will be using your services again, Thanks so very much! Barry

• Ge
      12th of May, 2009

I have had a similar experience when ordering flowers for Mother's Day. I paid for delivery between 12 noon and 5PM and received an email @ 9AM telling me no one was at the residence to accept the delivery. They advised they would redeliver 2 days later. Not much good for a special occasion at that point! I left 8 voice messages for call back from customer service. No reply. Tried calling again and no one available for enquiries of existing orders. Called again and selected option for New order and received real person who was the most obnoxious person in the world. Please someone go to the address shown in Ottawa and see if there really is an office. This appears to be someone operating out of their apartment and merely placing orders with local florists around the country. BEWARE - "what is on the package for this companies operation is not what's really in the box" TOTAL SMOKE AND MIRRORS OPERATION.

• Ro
      13th of May, 2009
    Bloomex - Ripped Off - Company is a scam
    Bloomex.ca
    Victoria
    British Columbia
    Canada

Flowers were never delivered. Online chat shuts down when you ask whats going on. The advertise a Victoria delivery, but don't even have a florist there. Said they would advise a CanPar tracking number, never heard from them again. 1-800 is contracted out, and give no answers

• Bl
      28th of Jul, 2009

BloomEx.ca is a national Canadian based Floral company, offering various floral and gift arrangements throughout Canada and the U.S. via its online computerized sending system. The Bloomex website acts as a storefront allowing consumers worldwide to place orders online themselves, chat with a live agent or place orders through a 1-800 number. Bloomex is the only Canadian floral company that offers same day delivery to almost any location in Canada, and orders can be placed 24 hours a day.

20th of Oct, 2009

This is totally true. This company is a scam. The flowers were never delivered and they never answer the phone for refund.

• Gr
      15th of Jan, 2010
    Bloomex - This company should not be operating
    bloomex.ca

I am still waiting for the hamper I ordered and paid for to be delivered. No replies to emails or phone calls. This company should not be operating.

• Na
      19th of Jan, 2010

standard practise for Bloomex, ignore the phone calls, ignore the emails and the customer will get frustrated and go away ... DIMITRI HAS THIS SCAM DOWN PAT. I have been waiting over a year to get my last paycheck ... because I told customers the truth on how they are scamming people (still have email from office to prove it to) he won't pay me my last check ..
    The Best you can do to get your money back is post your complaint everywhere and don't give up ...
    You would think with all the complaints there is against Bloomex, BBB won't even accept them because of thier poor poor service, people would get the message ...
    BLOOMEX IS A RIP OFF FLORIST ON LINE... GUARANTEE'S TO RIP YOU OFF thats the only guarantee they keep ...

• Wy
      19th of Jan, 2010
    Bloomex - Pathetic business
    bloomex.ca

My flowers were delivered upside down and in a complete mess. The so called fast on line complaint line was a waste of my busy time. I had to take pictures from my office and send them in? Which I did. I was promised a replacement yesterday, this has not arrived. This is the worst service in the city. I have hundreds of associates that I will advise of this mess. This business is pathetic!

• Ex
      22nd of Mar, 2010
    Bloomex - ONLINE SCAM
    BLOOMEX
    MANTOICK
    Ottawa
    Phone: 613 216 0969
    BLOOMEX.CA

For all those who have a complaint about Bloomex... Karma Karma Karma ... keep watching ...good things to come for the disgruntled customer ...

• Fo
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Do tell!!!

• Mi
      5th of Apr, 2010
    Bloomex - Bad customer service and terrible products
    bloomex.ca

I'm so not happy with Bloomex, bad customer service, terrible products. i ordered 3 dozen red roses, but they delivered white roses. I called customer service, and they ignored my problem. Also, they didn't try what so ever to fix my complaint.

• Ve
      12th of Apr, 2010
    Bloomex - Company is a nightmare
    bloomex.ca

Company is a nightmare. Not only did they deliver to the wrong address. They didn't send what I ordered and on UPS website it wasn't even delivered in the time frame they told me. Don't answer their phone and will never give a refund. And how cruel it is to ask the recipient to send their crappy product back once they get it and still get charged a fee because of their mistakes. They are horrible.

• Aq
      20th of Apr, 2010
    Bloomex - Felt cheap when I saw their tacky bouquet
    bloomex.ca

The bouquet pictured was lush and colorful with a variety of colours. The one sent was sparse, ugly, with 3 variety of cheap looking flowers. I complained and a new one, barely better than the first, was sent. Recipients do not generally complain. Bloomex is relying on this. I was embarassed and felt cheap when I saw this tacky bouquet!!

• Cu
      23rd of Apr, 2010

Hi,

I am also victim of this organization! Ask your Visa/Mastercard company to do a chargeback option! If you can prove you have not receive their product or they haven't promised what they actually should deliver they must give you your money back (Your bank or Credit card company). Bloomex will then receive a charge/notification of declined payment. This will reduce their credit rating and soon or later will be cut off by the credit card company! Let them deal with the VISA or Bank the more complaints they get the faster their credit scoring gets reduced!! Works very effectively!!

Source:
    "The chargeback mechanism exists primarily for consumer protection. U.S./CA credit card holders are afforded reversal rights by Federal Reserve Regulation Z under the Truth in Lending Act. U.S./CA debit card holders are guaranteed reversal rights by Federal Reserve Regulation E under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Similar rights extend globally pursuant to the rules established by the corresponding card association or bank network."

WORSE COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH!!

I'm currently investigating the company and they are a very unlucky company to have me as their customer (ripped off customer)
    I have phone recordings that soon or later I would like to expose to the world! I'm currently looking at what my rights are as a consumer.

Please feel free to contact me anytime!!

• Ye
      30th of Apr, 2010
    Bloomex - This company does not care about delivering service
    bloomex.ca

This company does not care about delivering service. They are simply taking money and hoping that you will go away when they have ripped you off since they have no customer service and do not return calls when you inquire about being screwed.

• Pr
      4th of May, 2010
    Bloomex - The bouquet was rather ugly and the variety of flowers were quite different than the ones I had ordered
    bloomex.ca

My mother received the flowers at 10pm on here birthday, but only after I had complained that the flowers were not received within the scheduled delivery time of 12-5pm. The bouquet was rather ugly and the variety of flowers were quite different than the ones I had ordered. This company is a dud!

• Ml
      21st of Jul, 2011

I ordered an expensive arrangement for my uncles funeral and was extremely embarraced when I saw the poor quality and workmanship of the arrangement. The flowers were not properly placed, more than half of them were wilted or black on the edges and the arrangement was much smaller than described on the internet. They refuse to give me a refund. If you buy from them you will feel ripped off. Buyer beware.

4th of Aug, 2011
    Bloomex - Terrible company
    Bloomex

My parents ordered me flowers to be delivered tomorrow, on my birthday. Instead, they were delivered today. Horrible company and would never recommend.

14th of Aug, 2011
    Bloomex - DO NOT USE!
    Bloomex

I ordered a gift basket for my mother in law. Not only did she never receive her gift basket, but the customer service was terrible. When trying to call in, all we got was a game of phone tag where we got to leave messages on answering machines. Now we’re left with a bill and no gift basket. Save Yourselves!

• Ku
      7th of Dec, 2011
    Bloomex - Bad flowers
    Bloomex

Delivered wilting flowers one week late contrary to my communications for NO late delivery ONLY full refund.

• Bi
      14th of Feb, 2013
    Bloomex - No Flowers delivered
    British Columbia
    Canada

I ordered a Valentines's boquet for my 94 year old mother on February 12. I was told they would be delivered on February 13. They were not, and were to then be delivered on the 14th. They were not. My mother was so disappointed. I am very angry. Would never order from Bloomex again.

• Ke
      30th of Dec, 2014
    Bloomex - Non-delivery of flowers
    Kitchener
    Canada

I ordered flowers and paid a premium delivery fee for same day delivery on Xmas Eve as they were intended for an Xmas gift. Despite many emails the flowers didn't show up and Bloomex will not refund my money. Order number 1771766

• Re
      26th of Aug, 2015

They send the ugliest oldest and nothing like the picture bouquet to my mother in law. Im embarrassed and wasted $56. All the extras i paid for weren't there...This company refused to do anything for me.

• Re
      16th of Feb, 2016

My fiance has ordered flowers a few days ago. They had my phone number and a name. They delivered to the wrong address. Still wonder why this business is not shut down. They meant to be for Valentine's Day. Shame on you.