Bloomdale Flowers / Online Valentine ordering scam

1 Singapore Review updated:

I ordered flowers on January 23, 2009. Item AS 8058, to be delivered on Feb 11, 2009, was listed for $70. Delivery of the same item on Feb 11-16 was listed for $170 due to peak time surcharge (Valentine). I ordered the item for delivery on Feb 11, 2009 at $70 and my credit card was charged this amount. On Feb 04, I received a call from Bloomdale, indicating that my order would now also be subjected to the surcharge and cost $130. I told them this is unacceptable as by charging my credit card they entered into an agreement, but they refused, insisting on the surcharge and even threatening to charge it to my card without my authorization. Anybody else out there affected and interested in taking legal action? Drop me a note a cerocahui@hotmail.com

Comments

18th of Feb, 2009

Seems like over 50% of people who order flowers from these services have a bad experience. I will never use FTD, Telaflorals, 1800flowers, Just Blooms, or ANY of the feed lot flower services again. I've had it!!! Some of these guys even say they are a real flower shop in the town - when in reality they are a call center nowhere near the town I am sending to.
    NOW I FIND A REAL FLORIST IN THE TOWN I AM sending to and CALL THEM DIRECTLY - a ton of them have toll free numbers. I even go so far as to ask them their address and zip code.

• Ka
      12th of May, 2009

So what happened...
    1) I spent 90CAD on the bouquet (Fields of Europe) including all the special surcharges for morning delivery, etc. The delivery was late and my mom decided to go shopping after waiting for four hours at home. The flowers and vase were left at the door in a box while she was away, not arranged.
    2) On the web picture, I saw bright yellow lilies, red roses and daisies... but the box at the door contained white carnation, chrysanthemum and some small purple flowers. Chinese only send white flowers on funerals... Imagine how my mom would feel on Mother's Day when she opened the box!!!
    Being an ocean apart from my mother, I naturally would have to put a lot of trust in the internet service providers for gift delivery because occassionaly I want to show her how much I love her and miss her... I feel betrayed by 1800flowers not because of the $$ I spent on some grocery shop quality flowers but when I imagine how my mom must have felt opening up the box of white carnation and mum... the disappointment on her face...
    I am usually quite easy-going but this time I have to let everyone to know my experience... I would not want to see another disappointed face because of 1800flowers.ca...

• Ke
      30th of Oct, 2013

CANADA'S WORST FLORIST 1-800-Flowers Canada | Flowers & Gifts | Canadian WORST Florist