Blockbuster Video / their account system insecure
Today when my husband and I went into Blockbuster to purchase a game for our son, we were shocked to find out that someone else's information popped up on the screen when our card was scanned. Both of our names were removed along with our phone number and the only thing that remained the same city, state and zip.
When the associate tried to access my account information using my driver's license number, she found nothing. She then called on the manager who left to make a phone call then returned with my original application.
The information was corrected in the store and a lock was placed on the account. She apologized and said that this cannot happen unless someone obtained my membership card or an employee used my account to get a membership for his/her friend.
We called the store closest to the address given at our local Blockbuster for the person on the account and were given a different name, and this time the associate even went back again to say my account never existed!
A manager was called to the phone and claimed that there was a system glitch that causes two accounts to merge sometimes and to check back in 48 hours, then report the card lost/stolen if the information is still incorrect.
Who do we believe? Who is going to be held accountable here?
More Blockbuster Video Complaints & Reviews
- Blockbuster.com - charges on my credit card! 
- Blockbuster Online - terrible customer treatment! 
- Blockbuster - terrible scam! 
- Blockbuster - collections & restocking fee! 
- Blockbuster - illegal hold charges on credit card 
- Blockbusters - penalties
- Blockbuster - dvd mail service - tv series 
- Blockbuster - unauthorized charge on my credit card
- Blockbuster - blockbuster always out of stock and rude! 
- Blockbuster - late fees