Blockbuster / dvd mail service - tv series

We recently switched from Netflix to Blockbuster DVD mail service. However, we've found a new problem with Blockbuster. We wanted to try viewing a new TV series. Blockbuster sent the first disk immediately. The second disk was listed as very high demand. So, Blockbuster sent disks 3 and 4. We watched disk 1 and sent it back, thus receiving disk 5 of the series. We waited several weeks for disk 2 to drop demand. It didn't, so we had to return unwatched disks 3-5 to continue our rental service. That was three months ago. Disc 2 is still on very high demand. This seems to be the case for not only the series we wanted to watch, but any series with multiple disks. We've contacted customer support, but the reply told how to change the wait times in our queue and did not solve the series disc 2 problem. We replied that their solution wasn't fixing the problem and we've heard nothing back. Based on this poor customer service, we do not recommend Blockbuster for mail order DVD!

Tk
Mar 14, 2013

Comments

• Ke
      27th of Sep, 2006
    Blockbuster - Stop mail me the movies

My membership is to the end of this month. I still have available movies in my list. They you stop mail me the movies two weeks earlier. This is really a bad way for business. :-(

Also Blockbuster was getting slower and slower to mail in the movie comparing to the first month. :(

• Ck
      28th of Dec, 2006

I cancelled my account, removed all DVDs from my queue, and returned all movies within the specified time period. Blockbuster Online, a week after I canceled and with nothing left in my queue, sent two DVDs without my knowledge. I did not request the DVDs, and I never wanted to use the service ever again. I have now been charged for the two DVDs forcibly sent after cancellation.

I only used the Blockbuster Online service for two months, and I cancelled because of extremely slow service, and missing, incorrect or broken DVDs. The Blockbuster Online website shows an Internal Server Error when I try to make contact, and when I call, I am put on hold for over 20 minutes only to be disconnected. Now almost two months after I cancelled, I have to deal with unauthorized billing because my financial information is still on record.

Do not use this service.

• Sc
      9th of Apr, 2007

I feel your pain. Blockbuster has been merrily extracting 20 bucks per month from my credit card since January. Not once did I receive an invoice, for if I had I would've immediately cancelled. They (the lawyers who drew up the rental agreement) led this ol' boy into believing I'd entered what they called 'a free trial' period.

If so, then What gives them the right to charge your account if you haven't rented or purchased a DVD. Do they charge you each month just for the 'honor' of perhaps... maybe... doing business with them someday. No. Apparently they feel their entitled to dip into your account and provide squat in return. (iTunes will at least notify you, even for something as small as a 99 cent song purchase.)

No, you're right: Blockbuster do sucketh, big-time.

• Sc
      9th of Apr, 2007

Thought I might add this, an excellent way to express your grievance to others so as they may not be duped. I've decided to tack on this little bit of info to all of my posts at IMDB.com

So anyone reading one of my posts at Internet Movie Data Base will also read this signature...

"Don't do business with Blockbuster -- and by no means give them a credit card number... Specially under the guise of entering a 'free' trial.

28th of Sep, 2007

Blockbuster SUCKS!

• Ry
      3rd of Feb, 2008
    Blockbuster - Scam and abuse!
    California

I have never found it so hard to apply for a job online. I cant find any site that will let me apply to blockbuster wihtout having to forward me to Spam sites and stuff i don't want. I just want to freaken apply.

• Ni
      6th of Mar, 2009
    Blockbuster - ANGRY CUSTOMER
    BLOCKBUSTER
    5601 SOUTH CEDAR STREET
    Lansing
    Michigan

JANET TYLER...THE STORE MANAGER AT THIS BLOCKBUSTER YELLED AT ME, WAS SWEARING AT ME AND THEN THREW MY MOVIES AT ME!

18th of Mar, 2009

Both of you are ###in ###s. This does not justify the manager's unprofessional response, regardless of the circumstances. If the person did cop an attitude and the manager was unable to reason with her, then all she had to do was politely ask her to leave and provide the woman with the phone number of her district manager. I hope you slack jawed apes aren't managers anytime soon.

28th of Apr, 2009
    Blockbuster - Phone calls - fake bills
    Blockbuster

I got a message on my cell phone yesterday from (781) 905-3997. Supposedly it was from Blockbuster, and they said that I had a late movie and they would bill my credit card if I didn't contact them ASAP. I called the number and the person on the line hung up on me when I asked questions.

• St
      30th of May, 2009
    Blockbuster - bad attitude
    blockbuster
    1209 dickson ave, apt 4 N. Chars SC 29410
    N. Charleston

very rude over the phone unproffesional, use of profanity over the phone. will report to better bussiness bura.

• Mi
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Really, I cant explain what happened but one bad phone call is hardly enough to report on. I'm sorry they were rude, but thats just one phone call. Did you call back and ask to talk to the store manager ?

• Mi
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I dont think thats from blockbuster. Have you tried calling your local blockbuster, to see if you really do have a bill? The number you listed is unpublished. a reverse look up shows-This number is a land line based in Malden, MA. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Blockbuster, anyone can say there from X company.

• To
      14th of Aug, 2009

We been getting the automated calls saying "Chris Davis" has rentead a PS2 game and its due by August 15. If not returned, then a sale charge will be applied. The call back number starts with 407. And it belongs to Verizon. This is a fake call and we been getting this since past two weeks.

25th of Oct, 2009

Well what did you do to him?

• Li
      2nd of Jan, 2010
    Blockbuster - Bad atitude
    1900 north federal hgwy
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida

I have a complain about how a blockbuster manager have a bad customer service, she is very rude and disrespectful.The BB store is the one on 1900 north federal hwgy.

• Le
      4th of Jan, 2010
    Blockbuster - overcharged
    blockbuster
    13680 bear valley road
    Victorville
    California
    Phone: 7602431242

Blockbuster tried to rip me off. They overcharged me for a movie purchase and refused to refund me the difference. Only after arguing with them did they finally give me my money back. The people at the Victorville branch were rude and extremely uncooperative.

• St
      14th of Jan, 2010
    Blockbuster - Unfair charges
    Blockbuster

Took an trial offer which said one month free, on subscribing for the free trial offer i was charged. I complained and asked for refund they say they cant b'cox i ticked the Terms & conditions box.

That to me is unfair, no one reads a 2 pager T&C's for subscribing DVD's! Clear case of taking customer for a ride.

• Sh
      14th of Jan, 2010

clear case of you didnt read so you need to honor the contract.

i hear this all the time and i work in the loan business...

well i didnt read that second page cause
    i was in a hurry, or i didnt think it was important cause it was just a loan or im a [censored] and should read the fine print before signing a contract for ANYTHING!

• Ba
      29th of Mar, 2010
    Blockbuster - STEALING FROM BANK ACCOUNTS
    BLOCKBUSTER
    Bartlett
    Tennessee

THEY WITHDREW 21.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. HAD LATE CHARGES IN JAN. THEY SAID THEY SENT OUT LETTERS IN JAN.. NEVER RECIEVE ONE LETTER THEN SEND OUT AGAIN IN FEB WELL ITS MARCH 29 AND THEY JUST TOOK IT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED BY PHONE OR MAIL. THEY DIDNT GET PERMISSION TO WITHDRAW THAT MONEY.. BE AWARE!!! NETFLIX WILL HAVE MY BUSINESS MOVING FORWARD!

29th of Mar, 2010

Consider yourself lucky that they took the money from you. In our case we didn't get notified and they turned it over to a collection agency right away. All while we were thinking we could keep the movie and they would charge our account for it.