Blizzard Ent / credit card fraud

1 Canada Review updated:

Two fraudulent chargers labeled as

Blizzard ent*elec upgr [protected] ca

Ic development llc [protected] ut

On my capital one card.

Found out it was for world of warcraft for the first one at least and the nerd is going to get hell for this.

Comments

• Ro
      30th of Apr, 2009

this is a fraud company, they charged my Capitol one card for 14.99 when I called them reported the fraud charged, the rep anwerd me "thank you for calling good bye" thats all ... They are FRAUD

• La
      11th of May, 2009

I got one from this company for 19.99 and another one from square enix for 27.95, overdrafting my account.

• Me
      11th of Aug, 2009

I just saw a charge on my Bank Statement, for BLIZZARD ENT*ONL STORE 800-592-5499 CAUS for $14.99. I don't play online games & didn't buy anything from them!

I just got over an almost $400 charge to my account from Ireland for a plane ticket. I'm in the US. If I were going to Ireland, I'd fly from here to there, not vice versa. I got my money back, but it was money for 2 mthly. bills that I had to wait to pay for.

• Li
      16th of Jun, 2010

I noticed some charges to my checking account when I looked at my online statement this evening. Did a Google search of the company and after reading all the fraud/complaint boards I must say everyone else got off lucky. This is what was charged to my account:

06/16/2010 - BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 - $149.90
    06/16/2010 - BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 - $149.90
    06/16/2010 - BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 - $99.95

No that's not a misprint - that was TWO separate charges for $149.90 and THIRD for $99.95!!!

I immediatly called my bank and had my card cancelled and faxed in a Fraud Statement. I was told that the money should be back in my account within 5-7 days. There was also another unknown charge to me:

06/16/2010 - APL*MOBILEME WWW.ME.COM - $1.13

When I asked the woman at the bank about this she asked if I had an iPhone - I said no but I did have an iPod but hadn't purchased a song online in months. She said that this charge was for an iPhone or iPad type device - that an iTunes purchase would of shown up as APL*ITUNES. This small charge seems trivial but it could lead to larger charges she said.

Good luck to everyone who has dealt with this [censor] company.

• St
      1st of Sep, 2010

I just resolved 3 charges from blizzard ent. and about 20 other fraud purchases on my account, they seemed to be linked to someone who knew the exact date I would get my student loans. Someone in financial aid offices working for these companies. Or possibly even the government loan distributors.

• Jb
      6th of Sep, 2010

Today is the labor day holiday, so perhaps the nerds wanted to take advantage of the bank's dayoff. I found 5 fraudulent purchases:

CHECKCARD MICROSOFT PASSPORT REDMOND WA ON 09/06/2010 - $1.00
    CHECKCARD MICROSOFT PASSPORT REDMOND WA ON 09/05/2010 - $1.00
    CHECKCARD BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 CA ON 09/06/2010 - $74.95
    CHECKCARD BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 CA ON 09/06/2010 - $99.95
    CHECKCARD BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 CA ON 09/05/2010 - $149.90

SO, these are pretty big purchases. Im surprised this even went through since obviously i cant be in two places at the same time. And the amount of the purchases shouldve given them away. Anyway, here's to hoping these [censor]s get caught and that they rot in jail. Hopefully no one else will need to go through the hassle.

12th of Oct, 2010

I just got 2 charges on my bank account for $249.85 and $149.90 from Blizzard Ent*Onl Store. From reading these comments on here, I am assuming these are fraud charges. Does it do any good to call the company? From reading the posts, it does not. Hope I can get it straightened out. $400.00 is a lot of money

• Eu
      15th of Oct, 2010

The same happened to me today on my check card with my Credit Union. The charges were to Blizzard Ent Online for $249.95 and $149.90. They were still pending but might go through during the weekend since they do not have account specialists on duty on the weekend. I did manage to get the card deactivated. A week ago I received a call from my CapitalOne card regarding some suspicious activity. All of them were online and to various places. One of the reasons charges did not go through was because it was just about maxed out and there were several charges at the same time...:). I do have other cards that actually have open balances that were not used. So, the common thread between these two cards is that I have them both but none of my other cards listed on my paypal account.

20th of Oct, 2010

2 charges on my card...149.90...99.95...Thank you Wachovia...for catching the fraud...You are the best bank...

joyfarrell

• Tr
      15th of Nov, 2010

I just found a charge on my checking acct for the same thing, Blizzard Ent* ONL Store $99.95. It was still in the check card holds, so I had no phone number to call. I called my bank, and they sent me to the claims dept and told me it should be credited to my account in 24-48 hrs. Wachovia is great, everyone I spoke to was very helpful, but again, it's a reminder to all of us to monitor your account activity! If I hadn't checked it, I would've bounced my insurance payment, and been in a world of trouble. I'm sure I'm not the only one living paycheck to paycheck!

• Lm
      7th of Dec, 2010

Our credit card company called us today to verify two separate charges to our credit card to Blizzard-Ent. One was for $1.00 and the other was for $173.06. They also said they tried to add a third charge today although she did not say for how much. We had never heard of Blizzard-Ent and told her we believed these are fraudulant charges. Luckily our credit card company was alert and called us. We are being issued new cards.

• Pm
      19th of Dec, 2010

Blizzard.ent charges are alive and well. Tried to charge to my MasterCard, one for $1, the next for $99.95. They also tried to get a skype.com charge in there also. Beware. Chase was all over it and alerted me. New cards coming.

• Km
      5th of Apr, 2011

MY CREDIT UNION JUST TOLD ME THAT THERE WERE 2 PENDING CHARGES OF $99.95 TO BLISSARD ENT ONLINE STORE. THEY WERE FROM OCT 10, LUCKILY MY ACCOUNT WAS VERY LOW, SO THEY FROZE MY CARD AT THAT TIME. I WASN'T AWARE UNTIL TODAY WHEN I CALLED BECAUSE MY CARD HAD NATURALLY PASSED IT'S EXP DATE AND I WANTED TO ORDER A NEW ONE. WHO ARE THESE ASSBITES AND HOW DID THEY GET MY CARD INFO??

• Km

correction to my last post... it was BLIZZARD ENT

• Eh
      5th of Apr, 2011

I would suggest by reading over all of the postings here, that you should go ahead and contact your credit card company and get a hold of the identity theft dept, get new credit card numbers and new pins for everything. Based on the info i see here, you all have been victims of identity theft.

• Md
      30th of May, 2011

My bank just called with 2 charges of :

5-29-11 3:15 BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 - $149.90 on my visa
    5-29-11 3:17 BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S 800-592-5499 - $149.90 on my visa

I told them at the same time these charges were being made, I was online and did order $75 worth of parts for a dryer at an appliance store but used my master-card. My account is frozen and my card is cancelled, but it is Sunday of a 3 day holiday weekend so I can't do anything now til Tuesday! :(

• Sw
      6th of Jan, 2012

I also had PNC bank call me this evening after this company showed up as a fraudulant charge. I used a bank debit visa card for lunch at Noodles & Co. in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. It was a cashier that swiped the card w/ no signature. A couple hours later there were 4 attempts made to this company, and the bank's card security dept. called my home asking about these charges. I said it wasn't me, and they cancelled my card and will send out another one in 2 - 4 days, and make sure the first transaction of $249.85 was credited to my checking account. The next 3 transactions to the same place were declined according to PNC.

01/06/2012 0 VISA - BLIZZARD ENT*ONL S $249.85

Looks like it is time to sign up for an identity fraud protection plan! Better safe than sorry.

• Sp
      1st of May, 2012

Definitely fraud. one charge for 14.99 one for 15.98 another for 99.95 3 charges for 149.90 and one for 50 that was just on POS PURCHASE BLIZZARD ENT*WOW SUB BLIZZARD.COM CA there was also a charge from the Itunes store for 31.84. This really added to my deployment.

• Ms
      21st of May, 2012

This morning my husband checked his bank account just to balance his checkbook and found out a total of $600 of unknown debit card payments was charged to his account just a few hours earlier! Upon investigation, the bank gave us this company as the source of the charges! We are in the process of trying to get our money back right now. How did his debit card info ever get into the hands of these people?

• Di
      3rd of Jun, 2012

Daughter in college has similar $60 charge on her debit card; she doesn't play computer games.