Blitware Driver Fetch / useless

1027 Pandora Ave., Victoria, BC, Canada Review updated:

I had logged onto the HP (Hewlitt Packard) website to find software for one of their printers and Driver Fetch popped up, I thought it was for downloading software for my printer, so I bought it. It doesn't work. It doesn't work for what it's supposed to be for, is what I'm saying. I hit on Driver Fetch and I can't turn it off or get rid of it without turning my computer off manually.
I want my money back.

Jo

Comments

12th of Nov, 2009
    driver robot - Inadequate Scan and Driver Installation
    Blitware

I downloaded the Driver Robot and re-downloaded it. The Explorer also. Neither one will open. I would like my money back on both. $39.90 for Driver Robot and $9.95 for Explorer.

• Ha
      29th of Dec, 2009
    blitware - Driver robot
    Blitware
    Peabody
    Massachusetts

Purchased PCMedkit from Blitware. Cannot open, cannot run, cannot use.
    I've sent a complaint to support but like most of the other complaints, have heard nothing back. Looking for the product on the Website, it's now listed as "Coming Soon" even though I have downloaded a copy. This product seems very similar to PCMEDIK from Pgware. Is this a scam?

• Mi
      13th of Jan, 2010
    driver robot - Inadequate Scan and Driver Installation
    Micheline Basque
    New Brunswick
    Canada

I was led to beleve that i could download needed drivers but none of them were compatible with my computer. i would like to be refunded cause i had to delete the software, it was not stable & it was affecting my computer performance.

• To
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I just bought this thing today because it popped up when I was trying to fix a problem with my Sony mp3 Walkman not syncing with windows media player. It advertised itself as fixing the exact problem I was having with my sony mp3 player. It did not fix it, and half the drivers it said I needed were older versions of drivers that were already installed on my computer. I emailed them earlier today saying I wanted a refund, but they haven't replied yet.

• Fi
      27th of Feb, 2010

Just purchased Driver Fetch to get an updated driver for my samsung mobile. Complete waste of time and money. Each time it scans, it highlights outdated drivers that it has previously updated. As for fetching the driver necessary for my mobile it doesn't even recognise new hardware!! Can't turn driver fetch off without logging off. I too would like a refund!!

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2010

I too purchased driver fetch to try and download software for my lg mobile and it is just a con basically. It did not recognise my new hardware and also was trying to update with older versions!

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2010

Am going to delete software.

• To
      1st of Mar, 2010

Blitware got back to me today, apologized for the delay, and gave me a full refund. Based in this I'd say they're trying to run a respectable operation, and have no complaint against them anymore.

• Tz
      1st of Mar, 2010

I'm having the same problem with the program. The drivers are older then what I already have. I've asked for a refund also, we will see what happens.

• Ws
      2nd of Mar, 2010
    blitware driver fetch - Crashes - unfit for purpose
    Blitware Software - Canada
    Staines, Middlesex
    United Kingdom

I purchased Blitwares Driver Fetch after seeking a resolution to the problem of my Canon EOS450D camera not working on Windows 7. A Google search brought this product to my attention and so I paid £31.80 for it via PayPal.

I have attempted to contact this company via their support site four times to no avail since 24th Feb as the software crashes, the drivers it recommends are wrong (e.g. I have a HP Photosmart 3310 and it downloaded an update for a photosmart B9100 series!) and most importantly, my Canon EOS camera still won't interface with Windows 7.

Because they state they will try to respond in 1 business day and after five days I'd had no response at all I contacted PayPal to register a complaint.

PayPal aren't interested because as they state in their refund rejection note;

'Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.' so CAVEAT EMPTOR!

From my experiences thus far I don't think this company are good for their promises and their software is not as advertised. If anyone out there has a similar experience please let me know, thanks. Bill Jenkins - [protected]@btinternet.com

• Ws
      3rd of Mar, 2010

UPDATE FROM MY COMPLAINT YESTERDAY.

Blitware contacted me by email today and have fully refunded the amount paid in an email apologising for a slow response. Obviously I am delighted with this result and although they have generously offered for me to keep the software it isn't necessary as apparently it doesn't do what I purchased it for in the first place.

I communicated back in thanks, and suggested they change their promise to attempt to respond to all queries within one business day to three business days since over delivering is much better than not achieving! It will be interesting to see if they adjust their website accordingly.

Whilst I initially thought these were guys purely out for the money, I have changed my mind and understand they're bringing products to market and their increasing sales has added increasing support pressure which they have struggled with. So, buy with confidence, but be sure you have the right product ...happy days.

[protected]@btinternet.com

• St
      16th of Mar, 2010

MY computer was running slow and i bought a program that said i didnt have the right driver so i tried blitware and it has caused me so many problems i had to delete software.
    Half of the programs they have my computer wont let it download and has caused so many problems with my PC.
    I WANT A REFUND STAY AWAY from this one

• Fu
      21st of Mar, 2010

Very useful!

• Mo
      25th of Mar, 2010

Absolute waste of money, installed the drivers it said and boom sound gone, was an old driver. Waste of money. Funny thing is as your paying for this they offer you another 5 or so products all probably as useless

• Do
      27th of Mar, 2010

Thanks for the heads up! I was browsing a Panasonic camcorder forum and this thing offered to update my drivers in Windows 7. First, if I have Panasonic drivers, they were part of the OS and will be updated by the OS. But, frankly, I don't think my camcorder needs drivers! I use PRE 8 to capture and edit my movies.

Needless to say, I am staying far away from this turkey!

• Si
      28th of Mar, 2010

I was just about to buy this software but thought I should check out a few reviews. Tahnks for the heads up.

• Di
      31st of Mar, 2010

Thanks a lot for the info and reviews!

• Wa
      4th of Apr, 2010

This utility works well, It just takes computer savvy that most do not have... I used "Driver Fetch" on three machines now.. As well as updated with Windows 7.. Works great for me... Do not disregaurd a program just because of ignorance, , , , Think about it, Go to a hardware store, but a #2 phillips screw driver and expect it to do everthing itself... Wake up, If you are all so inept, read a book, , , "Dummy's R Me", , This book could give you some insight''''''''' There are many utilities out there that do not work only due to the user, and the lack of the user to understand the technology'''''' WallyJBear

7th of Apr, 2010

Feel free to see my blog regarding this software!

• Do
      7th of Apr, 2010

Well, WallyJBear, you most certainly sound superior to the rest of us. However, I think you have forgotten that not all users are able to grasp technical information as well as you appear to do. I know that many people have difficulty understanding what I think is second nature -- I teach computer use to seniors, so I know what I'm talking about.

Some years ago I used to develop software for sale. The PRIME rule for shareware developers is MAKE YOUR APPLICATION INTUITIVE. We like to think that people read the manual. Not a chance! They certainly don't before trying a shareware application.

Finally, using words like IGNORANCE, and INEPT to describe others is demeaning to them, and discounts whatever point you were trying to make.

• Na
      9th of Apr, 2010

I bought this program worked 1 time. I have'nt been able to use it since. How would I get the program to work. I had trouble when I paid for it. They charge me twice for the program. I contacted then ad they did refund my money. I want the program that I paid for to work.

• Fe
      13th of Apr, 2010

I bought used it and totally corrupted my computer to the point of having to reinstall everything. A real piece of garbage. Haven't tried for refund, here's hoping, but I used Paypal too.
    Another Sucker

• Al
      16th of Apr, 2010

I purchased this because I needed a driver for my printer and I tried to get driver Fetch to do what they said that it would do and I never got my printer driver from this. It keeps coming up saying that I have out of date drivers and wants me to pay more money for something that it said it had already fixed. It doesn't do what it says that it's going to do and my keyboard is messing up, my internet acts crazy from time to time and this wasn't worth it. I want my money back!!!
    A. McClay

• Sc
      28th of Apr, 2010

I loged onto the HP (Hewlitt Packard) website to find software for one of their printers and Driver Fetch popped up, I thought it was for downloading software for my printer, so I bought it. It doesn't work. It doesn't work for what it's supposed to be for, is what I'm saying. I purchased this because I needed a driver for my printer and I tried to get driver Fetch to do what they said that it would do and I never got my printer driver from this. It keeps coming up saying that I have out of date drivers and wants me to pay more money for something that it said it had already fixed. It doesn't do what it says that it's going to do and my keyboard is messing up. I request my money be refunded as this site was a scam and totally useless as the printer is still inoperable. My husband is furious.

• Da
      2nd of May, 2010

To Wallyjbear

You are a pompous ###!

If everybody boasted about their superiority, as you do, we would have a world of egg heads.

Have you ever stopped to consider that the people you are putting down may have more in their lives than just technology and could rung rings around you in other areas. Most us want to help not blandly criticize, as you do.

I say have a rethink from where you are coming from and join the rest of us mere humans.

BTW: Why would you want this software anyway unless you are running a non genuine copy of Windows (a la automatic updates)

• My
      24th of Aug, 2010

I am not a computer genius, yet. I am studying to become a computer geek, and hopefully be able to help others. I am an older learner, so we'll see if an old dog can learn new tricks. I do know that when I observe processes in Task Manager that Driver Fetch is using and taking more resources than anything else on my laptop, including windows explorer. I have a laptop running Windows 7, so I have to have it on high performance to not have it bog down and drive me crazy over slowed performance--but that means the battery does not last as long. I hate that, so this program that doesn't benefit me is out of here! I think I got mine free, sort-0f. You know those "try these offers, get this product free" I hate them, but about 1/yr, I fall for it--this was 2010's blunder! Live and Learn.

Myrrie, studying IT/network Administration at Western Governor's University

• Te
      28th of Mar, 2011
    Blitware - un wanted merchandise
    driver fetch
    3360 hershberger rd
    roanoke
    Phone: 540-366-2353

a while back late feb or early march. I had purchased your merchandise and deciced i didn't want it because it was a hassle. 39.90 was taken out of my acct twice as wellas 9.90 was taken out twice also. You kindly refunded me all my money back, thank you i appreciate at. Now your product is back on my computer! the little driver fetch ico is on my computer. Please remove or call me and walk me thru it. I was told i needed to get a lawyer, by someone who works for you. All i want is for you to remove your product and icon off my computer. We can't handle this without an lawyer? Do i really need to do that? My # is 540-366-2353 please contact me.

• La
      8th of Jul, 2011

I had downloaded Driver Fetch (it was recommended on a different site) and did the scan one night. It said I needed 41 updates. I was seriously comtemplating paying for the updates until I ran the scan again the next morning and it said I needed 46 updates. I searched the net for driver fetch reviews. One site warned of Blitware scams not mentioning Driver Fetch. Another showed the Driver Fetch specs and the developer is Blitware. I saved myself money and a headache by not paying for Driver Fetch. I'm going to do what was recommended by someone else, go to the manufacturer's site and download what I need from them.

• Au
      2nd of Nov, 2011

I also felt totally conned by this software. I was trying to get a driver for my Lexmark E210 that does not work with win 7 and was mislead by their promise to have a driver to make it work. Their software totally ignores the E210 driver requirements and suggests drivers for keyboard and mouse that working properly! These guys are most likely making a fortune! I want my money back too!!! Learnt lesson hard way but next time will check comments in the web as reference first.

• Ca
      7th of Jan, 2013
    Biltware Technology - Inadequate Scan and Driver Installation
    Biltware Technology Inc
    6530 Sumac Way
    Murray
    Utah
    Phone: (801) 272-0241

I purchased Driver Robot January 5, 2012 to scan my computer and printer system and update all drivers to support my software applications. My HP Officejet Pro 8600 would not scan a picture to be uploaded in PhotoShop 11. The Driver Robot scan report said the program had loaded all drivers needed to update the system and everything was working fine. I paid $39.90 for the Driver Robert and $9.95 for the Driver Robot Priority High Speed. Please contact me. I want a refund!!! I will delete the software and remove the license. Tonight I downloaded Driver Detective that identified 17 drivers needed. After their scan and downloads, my computer with PhotoShop 11 now recognizes scans from my HP printer and seems to be performing much better for all applications. If the "Driver Robot" had performed the driver installations that were reported, my system would have functioned completely and my printer would have been able to scan to my computer--and the new driver scan would not have reported that 17 drivers were needed if Driver Robot had in fact installed them to my computer. Please refund the money I have paid!!!

• Mi
      5th of Apr, 2013
    Blitware - Driver robot
    Blitware technology inc

I purchased driver robot last night in hopes of finding NVIDA driver for my old computer, since then I have not been able to shut down or, restart my computer, it's also become very slow and, sluggish and NVIDA stil dose not work. This is a scam program. and will be making calls to try and get money back! I herd that clickbank is a good company, hpe to find some resolve there!

• Sl
      29th of Jul, 2016
    biltware technology - caused errors & internet identity issues
    Delaware

I purchased this software driver robot...It has caused all types of issues with my system, everything from incompatible drivers to internet issues; my system is at total risk..at this point..I want a refund...it just isn't compatible with my Dell inspiron...thank you