Blinds R Us / This company is a scam

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 305-225-4560

This company is run by Jorge Perez and his wife. They are scam artists and they will steal your money. Not only that but the company is illegal. They are not even registered in the state of Florida.

This guy came over to my house to do an estimate to install curtains in my house about 2 months ago. The guy (Jorge Perez) came up with an estimate and we paid him up front because we asked for Hunter Douglas blinds and he argued that Hunter Douglas charges him in advance to make the blinds.

He promised he would install the blinds a week after he received payment and the weeks kept going by and he always had an excuse for not showing up.

Last week he goes to my house and drops off a few packages in my doorstep and makes his wife call me to tell me that the INSTALLATION WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ESTIMATE and he just dropped off the blinds in my doorstep.

To make a long story short, when I went to open the packages to my surprise, the shades were CHEAP HOME DEPOT plastic blackouts (NOT HUNTER DOUGLAS) and they guy will not answer my phone calls.

More Blinds R Us Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Mar, 2009

I had a great service with jorge i disagree they did a great job and i have 2 of my friends houses done with jorge he did a great job .

• Co
      10th of Jan, 2013

I totally agree with this complaint!!! The other comment on here by Carlos is Probably a relative or friend of the Owner...go to the Better Business Bureau you'll see that he has three other complaints, Don't be fooled!!! "This company is run by Jorge Perez and his wife. They are scam artists and they will steal your money" This is SO true we had a similar bad experience with them. This guy came over to my house to do an estimate to install Blinds in my house about 1 months ago. The guy (Jorge Perez) came up with an estimate and we paid him up 50% deposit because he said the manufacturer needs a deposit in advance to make the all blinds. He came by after 2 weeks and several calls and did not install two window blinds and the glass door patio blinds. He said that the one upstairs in the master bath was not included( why would you not include one window that you measured all of a sudden) and that the downstairs one he measured wrong. He promised we would bring the correct one in four days, and that he would issue us a credit for the double wide doors by giving us our office window blind instead. Although we disagreed with the credit because its obvious that the cost of the patio door is much more in material and labor than one office blind, we agreed in an effort to resolve the issue.

When he didn't show up as promised we called and he said he would be out the following week, the weeks kept going by and he always had an excuse for not showing up.

Finally i got a hold of him and he said he'd drop off the Blinds at my home but wouldn't install them, (WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY DO THEY RUN)!!

To make another long story short, he never gave us the blinds took our money and ran and the guy will not answer my phone calls.

PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY they are con artist and will scam your money. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!

• Bl
      11th of Sep, 2013

concerne customer if you remember your wife was there when we did the estimate count how many shades we charge you for .

• Co
      11th of Sep, 2013

Blinds R Us
    Your wrong you didn't complete the service and by the way you said the blinds are under lifetime warranty and two have worped so if the negative comments aren't true pls contact us about this issue immediatly to resolve and I will update my comments!!! Also, there are three negative and unresolved issues with your company on the better buisness bureau!! Care to address these??

• Lb
      5th of Mar, 2016

I agree with the COMPLAIN, he installed my blinds giving me life warranty, he came the first time I called to fix two blinds, then after less then two months two DIFFERENT blinds are not stopping when lifted, I am sending messages to him from December 12, he told me couples time that he will come to fix it, never showed up and not even called. He is accusing me to brake the blinds mechanism without come to my house to see what is the problem. Made complain to the BBB, but he still lies telling them that I broke the blinds and I need to pay to fix it. How do he know what is the problem of the blinds? Hoe can you pay someone that doesn't show up and doesn't answer the phone? How do i brake the blind mechanism inside the casing? What life warranty means for this ### artist? His wife clearly stated that I had full warranty, only was not covered if a dog damaged the blinds, is no dogs in my house, the only DOG I let get in once was him!!! The compalin will stay in the BBB for ever, and if they take it down I will put an other one, LIFE WARRANTY MEANS LIFE COMPLAINS TOO!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS ### ARTIST, NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH A WORSE PERSON OF JORGE PEREZ!!! HE SCUMS LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT BUYS LENNAR HOUSES, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS ### ARTIST!!!

12th of May, 2016

We whent to this dogs house 2 times to fix the shades his family kept on braking the new shades anf then this dog piece of ### things wr are his employees.