Blackberry / business as a whole from management all the way down

1 2200 University Ave E Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

I worked for this company in 2003 and then again in 2012 and harassment began to take place and as a result I've submitted a Better Business Bureau complaint in 2014 as well as a tribunal complaint in 2016. I need a complaint filed and some assistance with addressing this issue.

Some of the information submitted within the complaint is listed below:

The following statement was sent to them Mike D Scott has been harassing me and my family for quite some time, you may or may not be aware of this. As a result sometime back a complaint was filed with the BBB bureau because of his actions. It appears he intends to continue with his actions forcing further complaints to be filed. As they're submitted I will forward you a copy of them for your review. A Better Business Bureau complaint was filed July 17, 2014 case# 1302548 On Oct 16, 2016 the following was sent to John S Chen and Jim Mackey

A complained will be filed with the Tribunal shortly in regards to this matter. Thank you response received from Jim Mackey

"At 11:53 AM, Jim Mackey said the following:Thank you. I do not manage this area."

My response

"At 11:59 AM, Roger Virgo said the following:Okay please forward to the appropriate person and they can feel free to contact me." John Chen has been contacted via LinkedIn regarding this matter with no response received

Complaints have been filed recently again with Tribunal, BBB, Ombudsman, and our Premier has been contacted.

BlackBerry's actions amount to a termination of the employees' employment. This entitles these employees to statutory, common law, and/or contractual entitlements on termination. BlackBerry has stated that it will not pay

BlackBerry has breached its duties of good faith and honesty, and has knowingly misled the employees. BlackBerry structured this transaction in such a way as to avoid paying these employees their statutory entitlements.

Some of the information submitted within the complaint is listed below:
A woman at Vuteq where I previously worked was shouting comments to me from a distance (name I believe was Laura) Vuteq management was notified of the incident. Approximately Dec of 2015 Vuteq premises as I was leaving work. Lunch has been stolen from Vuteq. I had taken a Goodlife trainer's course and had people join the course and harass me. I've received threats These issues first started while I was working at BlackBerry and escalated once I was layed off. Vehicle broken into and damage done to car stereo (was rewired) in Mississauga police report was filed PR15-044 7061 keys were stolen, items stolen from vehicle staff have been hired from places I work to harass me, one place was The Monitoring Center in Oakville an Alarm Monitoring Company John Chen was contacted Oct 6th 2016 via LinkedIn with no response receivedJim Mackey was contacted Oct 8th, 2016 with no response received regarding matter Marty Beard - Chief Operating Officer at BlackBerry contacted Oct 12, 2016.

The following statement was sent to them Mike D Scott has been harassingme and my family for quite some time, you may or may not be aware of this. As a result sometime back a complaint was filed with the BBB bureau because of his actions. It appears he intends to continue with his actions forcing further complaints to be filed. As they're submitted I will forward you a copy of them for your review. A Better Business Bureau complaint was filed July 17, 2014 case# 1302548 On Oct 16, 2016 the following was sent to John S Chen and Jim Mackey

My response

Nelligan O'Brien Payne LLP has commenced a class action against BlackBerry Limited ("BlackBerry") on behalf of a group of BlackBerry's employees working in Ontario and across Canada. BlackBerry arranged to transfer over 300 employees across Canada to a business partner. Only after employees accepted employment with the business partner, BlackBerry informed the employees that they had resigned their employment. Blackberry provided resignation letters for the employees to sign and dictated their last date of employment. Blackberry stated that the transfer is not a sale of business, meaning the employees will lose all of their years of service.

• Updated by R Virgo, Feb 09, 2019

For information regarding civil court case on going by 300 former blackberry employees, check the following link https://nelliganlaw.ca/class-actions/blackberry/#1487343185871-bd00eff7-3978

• Updated by R Virgo, Mar 16, 2019

Hello

I've been experiencing harassment from the Blackberry corporation for some time now and I've filed complaints with a number of government agencies and up till now the issue hasn't been properly addressed. Below I've outlined the email I've sent to number of the Canadian government agencies to deal with this matter. Below I've provided a copy of the email that was sent. Please provide some assistance, if you do not receive a response from me by email, I can be reached at 519 608 9555. I've also provided some information regarding the Blackberry civil case currently ongoing by 300 former employees to give you an idea of how this company has treated myself and others.

BlackBerry’s actions amount to a termination of the employees’ employment. This entitles these employees to statutory, common law, and/or contractual entitlements on termination. BlackBerry has stated that it will not pay BlackBerry employees any of these entitlements, despite the fact that employees lose all of their years of service.

We seek damages for the plaintiffs for minimum provincial statutory entitlements on termination, contractual entitlements on termination, and/or common law entitlements on termination. We are also asking for bad faith and punitive damages, as well as costs.

Plaintiffs in the class action include individuals who were employees and/or dependent contractors of BlackBerry Limited in Canada, and who were offered and accepted employment with the business partner.

I worked for this company in 2003 and then again in 2012 and harassment
    began to take place and as a result I've submitted a Better Business Bureau
    complaint in 2014 as well as a tribunal complaint in 2016. I need a
    complaint filed and some assistance with addressing this issue.

A tribunal hearing has been scheduled.

Some of the information submitted within the complaint is listed below:A
    woman at Vuteq where I previously worked was shouting comments to me from a
    distance (name I believe was Laura) Vuteq management was notified of the
    incident. Approximately Dec of 2015 Vuteq premises as I was leaving work.
    Lunch has been stolen from Vuteq. I had taken a Goodlife trainer's course
    and had people join the course and harass me. I've received threats
    These issues first started while I was working at BlackBerry and escalated
    once I was layed off. Vehicle broken into and damage done to car stereo(
    was rewired) in Mississauga police report was filed PR15-044 7061 keys were
    stolen, items stolen from vehicle staff have been hired from places I work
    to harass me, one place was The Monitoring Center in Oakville an Alarm
    Monitoring Company
    John Chen was contacted Oct 6th 2016 via LinkedIn with no response
    receivedJim Mackey was contacted Oct 8th, 2016 with no response received
    regarding matter Marty Beard - Chief Operating Officer at BlackBerry
    contacted Oct 12, 2016.
    The following statement was sent to them Mike D Scott has been harassing
    me and my family for quite some time, you may or may not be aware of this.
    As a result sometime back a complaint was filed with the BBB bureau because
    of his actions. It appears he intends to continue with his actions forcing
    further complaints to be filed. As they're submitted I will forward you a
    copy of them for your review. A Better Business Bureau complaint was filed
    July 17, 2014 case# 1302548
    On Oct 16, 2016 the following was sent to John S Chen and Jim Mackey

A complained will be filed with the Tribunal shortly in regards to this
    matter. Thank you
    response received from Jim Mackey

"At 11:53 AM, Jim Mackey said the following:Thank you. I do not manage this
    area."

"At 11:59 AM, Roger Virgo said the following:Okay please forward to the
    appropriate person and they can feel free to contact me."
    John Chen has been contacted via LinkedIn regarding this matter with no
    response received

Complaints have been filed recently again with Tribunal, BBB, Ombudsman,
    and our Premier has been contacted.

Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP has commenced a class action against BlackBerry
    Limited (“BlackBerry”) on behalf of a group of BlackBerry’s employees
    working in Ontario and across Canada.
    BlackBerry arranged to transfer over 300 employees across Canada to a
    business partner. Only after employees accepted employment with the
    business partner, BlackBerry informed the employees that they had resigned
    their employment. Blackberry provided resignation letters for the employees
    to sign and dictated their last date of employment. Blackberry stated that
    the transfer is not a sale of business, meaning the employees will lose all
    of their years of service.

BlackBerry’s actions amount to a termination of the employees’ employment.
    This entitles these employees to statutory, common law, and/or contractual
    entitlements on termination. BlackBerry has stated that it will not pay
    BlackBerry employees any of these entitlements, despite the fact that
    employees lose all of their years of service.

BlackBerry has breached its duties of good faith and honesty, and has
    knowingly misled the employees. BlackBerry structured this transaction in
    such a way as to avoid paying these employees their statutory entitlements.

Rv