BlackBerry 8520 / harassment and refusing to comply with the warranty procedure

United States Review updated:

I bought a BlackBerry Phone (8520 curve) on October 3rd, Activated it for the first time on Oct 6th and the phone got DEAD on Oct 7th. I went to the store from where I bought the BlackBerry on Oct 8th. They told me that they will have to send the handset to the BlackBerry Service Center, and the process will work faster if I go there myself. I went to the Blackberry Service Center the same day (Oct 8th) at Lajpat Nagar. They gave me a DOA (Dead on Arrival) certificate and told me that I can show this to the dealer and he can replace it. They said that I would need to have the box and if I dont have it then I will have to check with the dealer as to how he can replace it.

Incidentally, I had thrown away the box after activating the phone as I thought that I would not need it any more.

I went back to the shop / dealer the same day (Orange Cellular SHoppe, 134 A, Taimoor Nagar, New Friends Colony, New Delhi – 110025, #[protected]) and the shop keeper refused to replace it without the box. He said that they cant do anything about it. I have gone through the BlackBerry Warranty on the Blackberry Site and it does not mention anywhere the requirement of a box to replace the phone.

I have purchased a Black Berry 8520 ( IMEI no- [protected] ) on 25 may 2011 from Mobile Store Ahmedabad Gujrat (India). And after using couple of weeks i found it was hanging frequently, then i handed over to Black berry service centre & they’ve just updated the software, but the problem was remain same & the same thing is repeated four times & every time they just update the software & said your problem is resolved but my problem is remains same. So just in 2 months my phone is serviced four times. Now i am fad-up with the black berry services.

So, i send them a request for replacement of handset but they didn’t reply.

I am being unnecessarily harassed by the shopkeeper. At the time of purchase, the shopkeeper never mentioned about keeping the box with me in case of anything going wrong with the phone, for a replacement. I want to take this up with the right authority and file a case against the shopkeeper for harassment and refusing to comply with the warranty procedure.

Me

Comments

• Ak
      2nd of Jun, 2010
    BlackBerry 8520 - Poor aftersales
    Airtel
    India

I write this mail in absolute angst and frustration with the esteemed telecom Company if India-AIRTEL.
    I had bought a Blackberry 8520 Handset in September Last year and my experience has been absolutely harrowing to say the least.
    The phone's trackpad stopped responding whithin 3 months of purchase and i gave it to the Airtel Blackberry care center in Sahara Mall, Gurgaon for repair( Repair Form no-12548). They claimed to have replaced the trackpad.
    It ran fine for about 15 days and which is when i stopped using it and put it as a backup set for myself. 3 Days ago when i took it out to use it. It is carrying the same problem after a use of 2 days. Trackpad is not responding.
    I went to the same Relationship center today and the executive told me that "even though the handset is still in warranty period, we will not change the handset and only the trackpad will be replaced" when i said that it is obvious that the handset is faulty when the same problem has reoccured after the claimed "change of trackpad", his response was " we will replace the trackpad 3 times and then you will be eligible for handset replacement".
    Gentlemen, I am not stupid enough to not realise that your company is just trying to pass on the warranty period so that you dont need to change the handset after expiry of the warranty period.
    I am a professional working in retail solutions and I also face such customer complaints- only difference is my company goes ahead and satisfies the customer rather than harass him and make ourselves invisible for the customer.
    I am expecting some prompt action( read: replacement of the handset) failing which I will be comtemplating going to the court with such callous behaviour of your esteemed company.
    Akshat Sharma,

• Vi
      2nd of Aug, 2010
    BlackBerry 8520 - lost phone
    India

my phone blackberyy 8520 was been stolen from a shop at pheonix mills palladium mall the name of the shop is accessoriez ... it was kept on a side table ...my name is vidisha i reside at mahim
    the phone IMEI no:- 359428036993293
    my contact :- 9833554667

• Ka
      10th of Mar, 2011
    BlackBerry 8520 - mising mobil
    jewel star
    India

name-mahendra.patel adress.jewelstar, 5/15B, sopariwala Estate, prasd chambers compound, Opera house, mumbai-400004 Tel..23698111/12.mo.9820106101 date of last use.5/3/2011 IMEI NO.355284042424623

16th of Jan, 2012
    BlackBerry 8520 - Stolen phone
    South Africa

Hi, Am not sure whether this is the right way to go as I misplaced your contact details. My phone was stolen Blackberry 8520, please could you block it for me (IMEI No. 356932044091464). Please also advise if I will be getting a new phone as im still paying for it. You can contact me at 0745501367

• Ab
      18th of Apr, 2012

please i request to u that please find the mobile and inform me

30th of Nov, 2012

missing in the dibba port area...

30th of Nov, 2012