Biz advertising / Rip Off

This company Biz Advertising (notice website URL bizadvertizing.com) it has a z instead of an s in advertizing. anyway this guy called me a while back and was telling me that my ad is expired that I have with them for 2 years now and I have an outstanding invoice with them for 719.97. so I questioned them about it and the business name was even wrong, so told them that I did not order anything from them, for one they even had the name wrong, we had changed that name 9 years ago already anyway they insisted that I need to verify my name and address so they can cancel out my account and they said they need to record this confirmation and they told me that I am supposed to say yes or no and a couple times in the middle of the recording I started complaining about this (on purpose so that its on the recording) so the guy transfered me back to the first guy again then he told me again that I am supposed to say only yes or no, anyway this happened twice I pretty much knew this was a scam because we don't even deal with that business name anymore, then at the end they gave me a verification # they said for closing the account. By the way on my caller ID it said Bank of America and a number that said is no longer in service when we tried calling back. Now today I got this call from the billing department and the lady told me I owe them 719.97 for the listing that I authorized on April 1, 2009 I told her what had happened with that other call that they were trying to tell me that it has expired and I told them then that I never ordered anything then she says we have a recording with me authorizing this purchase and she put it on and yes it was that same voice I talked to that time when they wanted me to say yes or no only, and they were saying to cancel my account, now she was saying it was to authorize the purchase of an advertising that cost 719.97 . anyway that was a mistake to even answer their questions, never let anybody record you saying yes they use it against you to try to say you authorized the purchase. But I will not pay these people a cent for a business that does not even exist. notice this is bizadvertizing not bizadvertising. I did get her contact information and here it is for those of you who would like to contact her [protected] address 20533 Biscayne Blvd. Suite 912 Aventure Fl. 33180 this is the billing department. I called her back and asked her if she ever googled their web address and she said no, so I told her I googled it and there's a lot of bad stuff like this about the site. then she said anybody would put things like that online especially if they don't wana pay their bills. Then she said go and google Walmart and see what people say about them so I did and didn't find anything on Walmart. Just before I hung up I told her she should get herself a better Job. I don't know but maybe she didn't even know about the sales department doing this stuff. anyway I would say stay clear from this company they are crooks!!!

Ma

Comments

• Re
      1st of May, 2009

i totally agree same thing they tried to do with my business and when i told them i turned them in All of these people are cons stay away from their phone calls JUST HANG UP ON THEM BECAUSE THE PHONE CO. SAID THEY WERE CONS.

• Mj
      29th of Jul, 2009

The SAME EXACT THING happened to me about a year or 2 ago. Only at that time they were referring to themselves as Blue Yellow Book. Yeah, google that and all that comes up is scam scam scam. So annoying, they have their "collection agencies" calling my business at least 3 times a week harrassing me about this ludicrous crap. I too refuse to pay them a dime. I'll just continue to yell at them every time they call:)

• 1b
      4th of Aug, 2009

THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME. tHEY CALLED AND SAID I OWED THEM 719.00. I TOLD THEM FOR WHAT AND THEY SAID I HAD ADVERTISED FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS. i ARGUED WITH VERONICA FOR 1.5 HOURS AND SHE CAME BACK AND TOLD ME THAT ALL I WOULD HAVE TO PAY IS $375.00 OR THEY WOULD SEND ME TO COLLECTIONS. SHE TOLD ME TO SEND THE MONEY AND MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE CLOSED.

• 1b
      4th of Aug, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I recieved a call in April saying that I had advertised with this company for the past 2 years. I am a small business and I do not do any advertising. They told me that if i did not pay them they would send me to collections..so i said i would not pay them and they came back saying that i could pay $375.00 for the past 2 years..What a bunch of bull...

• Nc
      17th of Aug, 2009

Happened to me as well - everyone should fill out a complaint on the Florida Attorney General's website if you've experienced this; they are being allowed to perpetrate this daily on unsuspecting people and should not be getting away with it. If enough people complain the atty general in Florida where this company is based will have to do something.

• La
      6th of Oct, 2009

same thing happened to me. What do we do to stop it??

• Ho
      15th of Oct, 2009

I was so glad to find this site! I thought it was only happening to me! I'm sure they were thrilled when they called me a year ago and found out I was new in this position (librarian at a community hospital). That way they could claim my predecessor had ordered the service, and I had to pay the bill. Someone calling herself Anita Miller called me again yesterday and when I asked what I owed, she said it was $698 for the listing, but $879.99 with the late fee. When I replied, "I'm going to have our corporate attorney call you, " she quickly said, "We can drop the late fee." When I asked for her phone number so I could have our attorney call, she hung up on me. Too funny! I found these phone calls very unnerving at first, because I was afraid I really did owe this money, and also because they turned me into a -- well, let's just say I don't like yelling at people on the phone. But now that I know it's a scam, I figure I might as well have fun with them. I will take the advice above and fill out a complaint with the Florida attorney general, though. These people should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe next time -- and, unfortunately, I'm sure there will be a next time -- that's what I'll tell her.

27th of Nov, 2009

I too am a victim, I recacted the same way you all did.. I was mortified!! and scared I foolishly said I was cancelling my listing... that I never authorized... I should have been more savvy and demanded proof of my authorization. I had the South Dakota Attourney General Consumer Protection agency contact them. Biz Advertizinf coerced me to do a telephone transfer of my $719.97 fee that was due them... after I had sent a check that did not arrive in time...6 weeks later after it was sent they cashed it.. so I was dupped twice. I got that returned by action of the Consumer protection agency... but I never thought to look on the internet until today when I got another letter from another bogus listing from GOYELLOWPAGESONLINE.COM .THEY HAD A COLLECTION AGENCY CONTACT ME !. I checked online and found out they are bogus as well
    I was foolish to have let them bully me the first time. I am grateful that there is a place to voice our complaint and warn others of these fraudulant scamers !!!

• Re
      28th of Jan, 2010

Hey Mamma,

How are you doing? I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow book. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.

• Lv
      26th of Feb, 2010

Same here! This has been on going for 2 years! I finally asked their "Collection Agency" for an address, ...guess what?...she didnt have one? only a billing address. hmmm, go figure?! She was actually raising her voice @ me, so I told her to relax and calm down, "you're gonna get a heart attack!!!"...when I asked her for an address again for collections she got more upset and said she lived in space...then she hung up!...
    So!, I called her back...new receptionist (Australian accent) answered, I kindly told her to Google her new job, then find a more repectful job.
    At first I was actually upset, stressed out, and losing sleep from this incident. Keep calling them back! Ask a lot of questions! Even if it's rediculous questions! She hasnt called me back...yet?!
    I hate to see innocent hard working people who work hard for their dollar get scammed !!! I think I'll call them again tomorrow on my lunch break?!
    Thx everyone for their comments, it's been helpful to me!

• Gv
      25th of May, 2010

Same thing happened to me as well. They try to trick you when they are recording you and then they try to use the recording against you. What a bunch of crooks! We have refused to pay them multiple times, but every so often they call back and play the same game. Everyone needs to complain to the Florida Attorney General. Just hang up on them when they call, unless you have the time to harass them back. If so, have at it.

• Da
      18th of Aug, 2010

The same fraud happend to my company in Hayward, CA. We'd never heard of the company Biz Advertizing or it's other name BlueYellowBook. We never asked for their services (in the amount of $795.99 in case that's the same price they are trying to dupe out of you). The person who's name they claim signed up for the service left the company in 2007. Biz Advertizing (with a "z") recorded my Marketing Specialist with only yes/no answers. The recording is crackling and my co-workers voice is so quiet, even I can't tell that it's actually her. My first thought was "I think they have doctored the recording and inserted "yes" replies where it's convenient." Even TransUnion plays the recording for you, but you will notice that nothing else of your conversation is recorded. The recording does NOT include the part of the conversation where my colleague said "I've never heard of your business. We're not paying unless you produce a signed agreement in writing. Feel free to send me the invoice so I can look into our records to see if you are in our system as a vendor." (Which they are not, of course) Their script is designed to get you to say your name, yes, no, etc. so they can manipulate it.

I will say, the guy at Biz Advertizing at 866.996.6276, sounds more like a lawyer or a very well trained monkey than a customer service guy. He went as far as to cite the that "legally a verbal agreement is valid for transactions under $1, 000. No written agreement is required." I countered him with "You sure know an awful lot of details about what's legal and what's not for a customer service guy." It seems Shirley at TransUnion at 609.207.7540 is reading off the same "legal" script. She too cited the "verbal under $1000 is legal". I asked her who employed her (Biz Advertizing?) and if TransUnion is a wholly owned subsidiary of Biz Advertizing and if the two companies shared profits. To this she started smarting off back to me. If she was truly with the real TransUnion (a well respected credit score company), she would not be so rude and unprofessional. The whole thing is a load of garbage. However, it is well rehearsed and thorough. I just hope they get arrested sooner rather than later.

We are refusing to pay. We only pau off written contracts, like most businesses. We will threaten to sue TransUnion adversely affects our company's credit. We will be refusing any further contact with either of these companies. I hope everyone files with the Florida Attorney General. I'm also playing to report this scan to ABC News here in San Francisco.

11th of Oct, 2011

I also have been dealing with Biz Ad and like an idiot i paid them once, and was supposedly paid in full. I paid them $350.00 and was given a conformation number and told that I was being removed from their program. The a year later I was contacted by them again and told I had to pay the remainder of the money. I told them NO that I was told and given a confirmation number by a specific person (I had her name and phone number) that I was paid in full. Now I have been receiving phone calls from a company called National Credit Recovery saying I have a court judgement against me in Fla. saying that I owe Biz Ad 850.00 in interest from 2009!!! I told the man (Carl Johnson) that I wanted a copy of the document stating I have a judgement against me and a copy of the bill before I would even consider paying anything again. He told me that it was not his job to verify anything!!! I told him I was not paying another penny. He and I argued quite awhile until I hung up on him when he became beligerent. He then preceeded to call me twice a day and harrassed my employees also. I tried to call his number back but it went straight to voicemail (automated). Then he proceeded to dial my number for 2 weeks solid and when someone would answer it he would hang up. He did this 6 to 11 times a day. Today he called and I told him that I had spoken to a detective and an attorney and they told me not to do anything until I receive a hard copy of the judgement and the bill. He then proceeded to tell me that I missunderstood him that he never told me that I had a judgement against me and that a lawyer or the police department could help me cause I owe this money. I then again stated that I wanted proof sent in the mail. He interrupted me and told me "I don't have to prove anything to you it's not my job." And I said, until I get proof no money. He also stated that he was going to refer my claim to their legal department. I said good because then they will have to send me proof. He did not like this answer. I also stated to him that I had tried to call his number that he had given me and that the police department stated that it was a cell phone and not a business phone, he called me a liar. He told me to hang up and call him back and he would answer it. WELL NO DUH!! You'll answer it if you know I'm going to call it. I told not to contact me again until he was ready to send proof. We will see what happens. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do.

6th of Dec, 2011

I want everyone to know that yellow business ads, yellow blue media and blue yellow book are connected. they are a gang of scammers working different areas. Janet Sanders called. She lied to me and said she works for the credit bureau and that I must resolve the dispute with her immediately. She played the so called agreement with Jeff Wisneski that was taped by a Jane White of Yellow Business Ads. Janet harassed and threatened me on the phone and tried to tell me that I committed a federal offence by disputing the charge. I laughed at her & told her she is full of s. because it is my legal right to dispute a charge that I believe to be a fraud, & that I didn’t have to attend law school to know this. I also asked her why she never responded back to the Better Business Bureau‘s notice of complaint that I filed against Yellow Business Ads. If they really want to resolve the dispute they would respond to BBB immediately (she doesn’t want to get caught). I also asked her why she and Jane White from Yellow Business Ads sound so identical. Are they twins? I told her to get a real job and stop stealing from people who actually work for a living. She never bothered us again after that. I talked with an agent from the FTC about this matter and she advised me to do everything I can to not allow payment to be made to Yellow Business Ads, including calling my credit card company to ask them not to allow Yellow Business Ads to resubmit any charges. This is a well-known scam. I have tried to contact this Janet Sanders on my phone that had her number on caller ID not even 3 hours after she called and harassed me. This number is no longer in service was the response I got. GO FIGURE!